What is the best Bible translation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no best Bible translation in the absolute sense. There are different translation philosophies:

1. Word-for-word approach, King James Version, New American Standard Bible.
  2. Thought for thought or concept for concept approach, New International Version, Revised English Bible.
  3. Paraphrase approach, The Living Bible, The Message.
Every translation has its advantages and disadvantages.

English Standard Version lies between 1 and 2. ESV is pretty good for everyday general reading. For Bible studies, it is best to consult different versions.

Which bible translation should I use?

That depends on the person and his purposes for reading. For beginners, Good News Translation is pretty easy to read. Choose a version that is helpful for you. See Biblehub for different versions. I enjoy reading all of them. I have no favorite even though I use ESV and NIV every single day :)

Familiarize yourself with the whole Bible with a daily reading schedule.

Instead of hard copies, I prefer to use Bible apps. Save trees. Save money. Also, I can use the search function to find verses faster.