Navigate the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reading the word of God is one way to know God better. I follow this schedule every day. It is, more or less, in chronological order. I do the reading routinely nonstop just to familiarize myself with the Bible. At the end of the daily reading, I think of just one question and raise it on some Christian discussion website.

Which version to read?

Pick a version that you like from Biblehub. ESV is a good one to start. After you have finished that version from Genesis to Revelation, then pick another version.

What happens if I miss a day?

If you miss a day's reading, you can either make it up the next day or just skip it. The goal is to familiarize yourself with the entire Bible over the years. No need to sweat over some particular missing days. This is not a daily Bible study routine, but a daily Bible reading routine.

In addition to my daily routine reading, I study different passages of the Bible daily.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reading the word of God is one way to know God better. I follow this schedule every day. It is, more or less, in chronological order. I do the reading routinely nonstop just to familiarize myself with the Bible. At the end of the daily reading, I think of just one question and raise it on some Christian discussion website.

Which version to read?

Pick a version that you like from Biblehub. ESV is a good one to start. After you have finished that version from Genesis to Revelation, then pick another version.

What happens if I miss a day?

If you miss a day's reading, you can either make it up the next day or just skip it. The goal is to familiarize yourself with the entire Bible over the years. No need to sweat over some particular missing days. This is not a daily Bible study routine, but a daily Bible reading routine.

In addition to my daily routine reading, I study different passages of the Bible daily.
Your posts Tony, of your explanation here, tell me clearly this is how your read the Bible.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one:

It's a Messianic Jewish Bible translated in South Africa.
So it has a different perspective for translation than most English Bibles....many of the traditions that fill our American and British translations have are done away with....they do keep Jesus's name and God's name in Hebrew.

It's uniquely different but drawn from the same set of manuscript conglomeration as the other modern Bible's do.