What is the Bible about?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:25-32===
25Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
27“and this will be my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

28As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers.29For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, 31so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy.32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

Do you believe this???

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who dares deny the truth of God's eternal living Word???
25Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written.
Ezekiel 39==
Israel =will know that I am the Lord their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind. 29 I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the people of Israel, declares the Sovereign Lord.”

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who dares deny the truth of God's eternal living Word???
25Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written.
Ezekiel 39==
Israel =will know that I am the Lord their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind. 29 I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the people of Israel, declares the Sovereign Lord.”
But do you believe this???

Reactions: amigo de christo

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
- Not for me!
- I chose Biblehub because it not only gives the original and its translation but also the grammar of the words and a dictionary at the same time!
- The way you put it has absolutely no interest for me!
- I am a linguist and this way is too limited!
Nah 3:1 Judgment on Nineveh
WoeH1945 Interjection hō·w ה֖וֹי to the city!H5892 N-fsc ‘îr עִ֣יר bloodyH1818 N-mp dā·mîm דָּמִ֑ים it [is] allH3605 N-msc+3fs kul·lāh כֻּלָּ֗הּ liesH3585 N-ms ka·ḥaš כַּ֤חַשׁ [and] robbery;H6563 N-ms pe·req פֶּ֙רֶק֙ fullH4392 Adj-fs mə·lê·’āh מְלֵאָ֔ה of never;H3808 Adv-NegPrt lō לֹ֥א departsH4185 H8686 V-Hifil-Imperf-3ms yā·mîš יָמִ֖ישׁ [Its] victim.H2964 N-ms ṭā·rep̄ טָֽרֶף׃

Like this? Now what is the Hifil Imperfect of victim?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In regards to the OP, the bible, as we have it, is a detailing of God's character, his love of man, his plans and his commands for believers to follow !

Now, it can be, and is argued, as to what is the true form of the bible, per preferred translation of individuals. However, the apostle Paul said this,
Romans 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Regardless it's archaic language, it's multiple diverse definitions of words; the word of God explains unto any that will believe, his plan of redemption for mankind and the reconciliation of the lost unto righteousness in him !
And yet many seem to omit the BELIEVES WORD . HMMMM , that wont bode well on the day of the LORD .
FOR IT IS the POWER of GOD unto SALVATION unto everyone who ...................I BELIEVE that do say BELEIVES .
Exactly sister . The gospel of JESUS CHRIST is under attack by an agenda today . But the lambs WONT be heeding the agenda
the lie . lambs heed only one . JESUS CHRIST . and a strangers voice they will :running: FROM and FAST TOO .
FOR ITS JESUS who has the lambs . its the devil who holds captive the world to a lie and his agenda that will never save one soul .
WE GONNA POINT TO JESUS CHRIST , aint we dear sister . AND TO HE and HE ALONE . HIS EVERY WORD is our meat .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet many seem to omit the BELIEVES WORD . HMMMM , that wont bode well on the day of the LORD .
FOR IT IS the POWER of GOD unto SALVATION unto everyone who ...................I BELIEVE that do say BELEIVES .
Exactly sister . The gospel of JESUS CHRIST is under attack by an agenda today . But the lambs WONT be heeding the agenda
the lie . lambs heed only one . JESUS CHRIST . and a strangers voice they will :running: FROM and FAST TOO .
FOR ITS JESUS who has the lambs . its the devil who holds captive the world to a lie and his agenda that will never save one soul .
WE GONNA POINT TO JESUS CHRIST , aint we dear sister . AND TO HE and HE ALONE . HIS EVERY WORD is our meat .
FB_IMG_1688501176597.jpg
To all those whom HOLD to the faith in Christ Jesus, I am ever so grateful for your stance in FULL ARMOUR !
THANK YOU ALL ! YOU ENCOURAGE ME ON !

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for you, friend.........
It's Lord praising TIME.❤️
Screenshot_20230624-195902~2.png

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In regards to the OP, the bible, as we have it, is a detailing of God's character, his love of man, his plans and his commands for believers to follow !

Now, it can be, and is argued, as to what is the true form of the bible, per preferred translation of individuals. However, the apostle Paul said this,
Romans 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Regardless it's archaic language, it's multiple diverse definitions of words; the word of God explains unto any that will believe, his plan of redemption for mankind and the reconciliation of the lost unto righteousness in him !
@L.A.M.B. says: "Now, it can be, and is argued, as to what is the true form of the bible....."

As you pointed out = the "true form" is the CHRIST = to the Jew first and also to the Gentile

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
- It reminds me of Daniel prayer for the restoration of Jerusalem and the answer of Yah.weh!
- Restoration followed by destruction!
- It is a strange love!
- It also reminds me of the new Jerusalem coming from heaven really different from the old one (Revelation 21)!
- It has nothing but nothing from the human old city!
- This one is really precious!
- And there is no more human temple because Yah.weh and the Lamb are its temple!
- Completely different!
- And nothing unclean will never enter it nor anyone who practices an abominat(ion or a lie but only those whose names are written in the lamb's book of life!

Why do you place a 'period' after Yah???

Reactions: amigo de christo

JLG

Sep 19, 2022
PARIS
Faith
Christian
Country
France
Nah 3:1 Judgment on Nineveh
WoeH1945 Interjection hō·w ה֖וֹי to the city!H5892 N-fsc ‘îr עִ֣יר bloodyH1818 N-mp dā·mîm דָּמִ֑ים it [is] allH3605 N-msc+3fs kul·lāh כֻּלָּ֗הּ liesH3585 N-ms ka·ḥaš כַּ֤חַשׁ [and] robbery;H6563 N-ms pe·req פֶּ֙רֶק֙ fullH4392 Adj-fs mə·lê·’āh מְלֵאָ֔ה of never;H3808 Adv-NegPrt lō לֹ֥א departsH4185 H8686 V-Hifil-Imperf-3ms yā·mîš יָמִ֖ישׁ [Its] victim.H2964 N-ms ṭā·rep̄ טָֽרֶף׃

Like this? Now what is the Hifil Imperfect of victim?
- No I prefer the vertical system of Biblehub!
- It is definitely easier to read!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
- It reminds me of Daniel prayer for the restoration of Jerusalem and the answer of Yah.weh!
- Restoration followed by destruction!
- It is a strange love!
- It also reminds me of the new Jerusalem coming from heaven really different from the old one (Revelation 21)!
- It has nothing but nothing from the human old city!
- This one is really precious!
- And there is no more human temple because Yah.weh and the Lamb are its temple!
- Completely different!
- And nothing unclean will never enter it nor anyone who practices an abominat(ion or a lie but only those whose names are written in the lamb's book of life!
Not completely JLG the throne was David's!...but I get your meaning.
F2F

JLG

Sep 19, 2022
PARIS
Faith
Christian
Country
France
Why do you place a 'period' after Yah???
- In fact, there is no period with or after Yah!
- There is only a minority of faithful servants of Yah.weh!
- The rest is only unfaithfulness!
- like in the case of mankind!

• Haha

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Such a dark view of God.
There is no darkness in justice. Yahweh is not a sentimental God, but a merciful one. Mercy is extended when he deems it is deserved. The people of Noah’s day ‘missed the boat’......because they failed to heed Noah’s warning and change their ways......the majority of people alive at the judgment of the “sheep and the goats”, are going to find themselves bleating ‘goat like’, rather than ‘sheep like’. (Matt 7:21-23) This will be shocking to them as they try to offer their excuses......but Jesus says “I never knew you”....”NEVER” means “not ever”....so people will have been fooling themselves all their lives....just like the ones who perished at the flood. Won’t it be interesting to see what Jesus has to say to each one of us......?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but Jesus says “I never knew you”....”NEVER” means “not ever”
So much for omniscience.
Won’t it be interesting to see what Jesus has to say to each one of us......?
I have a theory that everyone will be surprised by where they end up.

Matthew 21:31 NIV
... Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes
are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So much for omniscience.
Where does it say that Christ is omniscient? Only God is Omnicient…..only God is Almighty.
I have a theory that everyone will be surprised by where they end up.
The Bible does not contain theories….just plain instructions on what it means to be a “Christian”. When Jesus says “I never knew you” to those he rejects, even though they acknowledge him as their “Lord”, he tells those ones to “depart from him“ as those who are “workers of lawlessness”. (Matt 7:21-23) They don’t get second chances, like those in Noah’s day who failed to heed his warning. Jesus already told us that “few” would be found on the cramped and narrow road to life. (Matthew 7:13-14)

God has given all mankind enough time to make up their mind about who he is and what he requires of us humans.
Matthew 21:31 NIV
... Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes
are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.
Figuratively speaking…yes…. the corrupt tax collectors who worked for the Roman government by extorting money from their own brothers, and the prostitutes who sold their bodies for money, were guilty of crimes against God’s laws, and such crimes could merit the death penalty…..such unrighteous ones will likely get a resurrection when Jesus rules with his elect in God’s Kingdom (John 5:28-29)…..but the Pharisees, whom Jesus was addressing, were sentenced to “Gehenna”.…a fate that meant eternal death. (Matthew 23:33)