What is the good news?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Damn dude get off my case; thanks, @Behold.

Cult stands for Christian Ultra-libertarians for truth.

Notice how Christ is the first thing mentioned, it’s always about him and his victory over all things.

Many people dont believe all things have been accomplished by Christ including all sin paid for, Satan done away with, Hell done away with, and that is not really my own problem, but others who have yet to believe he really has in faith conquered over all things.

I wish more people could come to that truth but they need things to happen for themselves they haven’t seen yet in hopes for the return of Christ.

He did come… it’s just not documented… to those 144,000 first bride of Christ to be established in which more flow in afterwards.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is okay, @Behold, I believe what Jesus had said in coming to that generation then in that day in age.

You can always tell me that I am wrong and need to do something else, but nothing else makes me right with God but faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, who I believe had victory over all things, in total faith, with evidences by Jesus himself, and the apostles about coming in that time period.

Would be a sad case today in saying well they expected it but it never really happened, then how can anyone trust the Bible or Jesus today? Just a note this deals with study of not only eschatology but also simply by going by what the Bible tells about itself, comparing scripture to scripture.

I do understand your responding to me, you are responding to me in the fact that you yourself do not believe these things are true, and many people do not, that doesn't mean I am wrong as there are people out there who do believe Jesus has had victory over all things.

From what you profess, hell is still going, people are going there, and that is fine, you believe that if you want, I do not have to... as Jesus conquered over it, unless the Bible is simply a lie.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
. as Jesus conquered over it, unless the Bible is simply a lie.

Listen now..

"conquering" hell, it, does not end it.
Jesus also "conquered" death, yet, you are going to DIE, one day..
So, why is that, if its been "conquered". ??

See, you are caught up in liar's lies, who have twisted verses that have twisted your understanding regarding many bible doctrines.

This does not make you a bad person... it just makes you a harmful one, when you are allowed to park and preach on a Christian Forum, what these liar's have taught you to think and believe.

Listen...
Jesus also conquered sin.....yet, have you stopped ? Do you have issues with it?
Why would that be, when Jesus has dealt with it all on the Cross?

THINK.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bro,

Revelation 20:13-14, either it is done away with or not.
Same thing with Sin, either it was paid for or it wasn't and it was never taken care of in the first place. Thus Jesus death was pointless.

You are beginning to annoy me because I keep pointing to Christ, but you just keep pointing at me.

Stop it, I don't mind conversing with you but just so you know it can become annoying.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Bro,

Revelation 20:13-14, either it is done away with or not.

As i told you, Jesus has "conquered" death, yet you are going to DIE.
Why is that?
Aren't you trying to prove that if hell is "conquered" then its GONE?

Do you see what im showing you, yet?

And....You are annoyed because you want to preach Preterism Cult nonsense and similar on a Christian Forum and its not working out for you?
Well, maybe among other things you can figure that one out, Matthew G.

THINK.

Also, Your verse has a Context., and you don't know what it is....so, let me show you.

Its this... Revelation 20:11. = THAT is your verse's context., and that has not happened yet.

See any GRAVEYARD for an update, MatthewG.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're annoying me because you are trying to justify that you believe people still go to hell.

I don't care if you do or not. Either way is fine with me.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Revelation 20​

New International Version​

The Thousand Years​

20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesusand because of the word of God. They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

The Judgment of Satan​

7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Judgment of the Dead​

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had doneas recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hadesgave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

I believe this Judgement has done came about @Behold. Most forget who it was written to.

Revelation 1​

New International Version​

Prologue​

1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Greetings and Doxology​

4 John,

To the seven churches in the province of Asia:

Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits[a] before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they say no 1000 years hasn't happened yet

we still die and get sick

Yes but life doesn't end here is the point, and spiritually we can have our tears can be wiped, find peace even in sickness and pain of the body, all in the spirit knowing the truth and grace of Christ Jesus.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You're annoying me because you are trying to justify that you believe people still go to hell.

People went to hell, yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Why?
Because Christ rejectors have to go somewhere when they DIED., and Heaven will not have them, and the Grave is not the end of them...

The Devil is still here, and the fallen angels are still here, MattewG, and Hell and the Lake of Fire was originally made for them..

Matthew 25:41

wake up.

THINK.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe everything has been done completed friend.

Thank you for simply stating what you believe too, and sharing what you deem is right.

God bless :)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the good news?

The good news to me is that Jesus, whom was the Word of God with us Isaiah 9:6-7, sent by the Father. Who lived a life perfectly being born under the Law, and fulfilling the Law and even what was prophesied about Him (Luke 4:17-20). He came down born from Heaven as the second Adam, and redeemed all people by and through his sacrifice on the cross paying for the sins of all the world (1 John 2:2), and he returned back for his bride in his day which were waiting for him to return after having been raised from the dead by God and ascending back into the clouds until the Father had sent him back to return to come and reduce his bride in which the wrath of God had been poured out on Israel for having killed the Son of God. And All the enemies were put under the footstool, being Satan and his angels defeated, hell/Sheol done away with, Sin being paid for all, death (all death) conquered over, and everyone has been saved from all of these including Gods wrath!

This to me is what the good news is, that everything has been restored and God through Christ reconciled the world unto himself. All people will be resurrected, unbelievers and believers. Those who believe and have faith are saved to the kingdom of God, resurrection for them they are given their reward by God. Those who are unbelievers are given a spiritual body to live in, but are placed outside of the kingdom of Heavenly Jerusalem. (revelation 22:14-15)

These things because of victory of Jesus Christ the Lord God Almighty, it was to me is good news.

What about for you? What is good news to you?
Are you Jewish?

Your doctrine sounds like a mixture of Judaism and Full Preterism, which both of course, are false.

Brethren in Christ:
Men's false doctrine of Preterism believes that much of endtime Bible prophecy was already fulfilled back in 70 A.D. The regular Preterists still believe Lord Jesus' coming is still future though. The seminary label 'Preterism' comes from the word 'preter', which means 'what is past'.

But Full Preterism goes a step farther... into the dark side. It wrongly believes that Jesus' 2nd coming already happened back in the days of His Apostles, and that His 2nd coming is mainly spiritual, and not physically literal. That thinking of course is NOT written anywhere in The Bible.

What is written in God's Word: Lord Jesus is prophesied to return just like how He ascended to Heaven per Acts 1 in view of His disciples. The Zechariah 14 Scripture declares Christ's FUTURE 2ND COMING back to the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem where He ascended from in Acts 1. And that return has still not... yet... happened... to this day.

So be careful of those who would deceive you away... from the Bible Scriptures, for they will have their reward soon enough, as it is coming upon them if they do not repent.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What people believe us between themselves and God, Davy.

It’s understandable those who still who are waiting for Christ to return may be hurt if explaining my view on that part which is but faith he came back and got his bride.

Most can only claim “none of this has happened yet”, it’s a perspective, most who don’t want to hear about it are those who are imdeed waiting watching. Which I believe was those 144,000 where the first church bride.

The wrath of Gid being poured out on Jerusalem in 70Ad.

Most just.say no… didn’t happen.

So I don’t care if people believe me or jot, the point is one should put faith in the Lord having new life by the spirit.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about for you? What is good news to you?
"If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." - Romans 10:9-10

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 2:8-12 . . Now there were shepherds in that region living in the fields
and keeping the night watch over their flock. The angel of The Lord
appeared to them, and the glory of The Lord shone around them, and they
were struck with great fear.

. . .The angel said to them: Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you
good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For today in the city of
David a savior has been born for you who is Messiah and Lord.

The angel announced the birth of a savior; defined by Webster's as one who
rescues.

Rescuing is what the Coast Guard does when boats capsize. Rescuing is what
Firemen do when people are trapped inside burning buildings or need to be
cut out of a crumpled car wreck. Rescuing is what mountaineer teams do
when climbers are in trouble. Rescuing is what EMT paramedics do when
someone needs to get to a hospital in a hurry and kept alive till they arrive.
Rescuing is what surgeons do when someone needs an organ transplant.

I could go on and on giving example of rescuer after rescuer; but I think we
get the idea. The New Testament's Jesus is like that: he rescues people from
the wrath of God-- people who not only fully deserve it, but definitely in line
to get it; and with no humanly possible way to avoid it.

Now; of what real benefit would the savior of Luke 2:8-12 really be to
anybody if he couldn't guarantee a fail-safe rescue from the wrath of God?
He'd be of no benefit to anybody. No; he'd be an incompetent ninny that
nobody could rely on.

But, if a savior were to be announced who guaranteed anybody who wants
it, a completely free of charge, no strings attached, guaranteed fail-safe, sin
proof, human nature-proof, Ten Commandments-proof, bad behavior-proof,
apostasy-proof, reprobate-proof, back-sliding proof, God-proof, Devil-proof
rescue from the wrath of God, and full-time protection from future
retribution; wouldn't that qualify as good news of great joy?

I think just about everybody concerned about ending up in the lake of
brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 would have to agree with me that news
like that would not only most certainly be good; but also cause for
celebration, and ecstatic happiness.
_

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." - Romans 10:9-10
That’s a good scripture and is one that I see as being saved from the coming wrath.

Thank you pollard.

“But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bear fruit that befits repentance, and do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father’; for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children to Abraham. Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees; every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3‬:‭7‬-‭10‬ ‭RSV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 2:8-12 . . Now there were shepherds in that region living in the fields
and keeping the night watch over their flock. The angel of The Lord
appeared to them, and the glory of The Lord shone around them, and they
were struck with great fear.

. . .The angel said to them: Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you
good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For today in the city of
David a savior has been born for you who is Messiah and Lord.

The angel announced the birth of a savior; defined by Webster's as one who
rescues.

Rescuing is what the Coast Guard does when boats capsize. Rescuing is what
Firemen do when people are trapped inside burning buildings or need to be
cut out of a crumpled car wreck. Rescuing is what mountaineer teams do
when climbers are in trouble. Rescuing is what EMT paramedics do when
someone needs to get to a hospital in a hurry and kept alive till they arrive.
Rescuing is what surgeons do when someone needs an organ transplant.

I could go on and on giving example of rescuer after rescuer; but I think we
get the idea. The New Testament's Jesus is like that: he rescues people from
the wrath of God-- people who not only fully deserve it, but definitely in line
to get it; and with no humanly possible way to avoid it.

Now; of what real benefit would the savior of Luke 2:8-12 really be to
anybody if he couldn't guarantee a fail-safe rescue from the wrath of God?
He'd be of no benefit to anybody. No; he'd be an incompetent ninny that
nobody could rely on.

But, if a savior were to be announced who guaranteed anybody who wants
it, a completely free of charge, no strings attached, guaranteed fail-safe, sin
proof, human nature-proof, Ten Commandments-proof, bad behavior-proof,
apostasy-proof, reprobate-proof, back-sliding proof, God-proof, Devil-proof
rescue from the wrath of God, and full-time protection from future
retribution; wouldn't that qualify as good news of great joy?

I think just about everybody concerned about ending up in the lake of
brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 would have to agree with me that news
like that would not only most certainly be good; but also cause for
celebration, and ecstatic happiness.
_

That lake of fire seems like a purification if anything. Many people do speculate about the lake of fire a lot... that is for sure.

The empathize that people misunderstand from myself, is a lot of my conclusions is based on Jesus and what he stated, keeping in context in that time and age when Jesus was born in under the Law, having to come make it obsolete in and through his complete obedience to God.

As shared with Pollard, John the Baptist claimed to that generation in that day as well - "Who warned you to flee the wrath to come", which was promised to come upon the people in their last days as their own age would come to a close. In Acts 2, is where Peter declares they are in the last days then and there by quoting Joel, from the Old Testament.

Even Jesus read from the Old Testament, so that in conclusion with the time, would mean the Jewish people had an Old Testament scrolls or something at least, to read from, though the New Testament did not come about until a little later after the ascension I would guess anyway, as like Luke writes about the things he had witnessed, by confirming conclusions with more than just one source but many. Which why I believe that Luke has a lot more about the even before the birth of Jesus. :)

Last edited:

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That’s a good scripture and is one that I see as being saved from the coming wrath.

Thank you pollard.

I like that it touches on so many truths while keeping "first things first".

• "Jesus is Lord" ... a double entente ... as Jesus is LORD (GOD) and Jesus is our Lord (master).
  • "declare with your mouth" ... it is not enough to hold some "secret faith" that one hides from the world ... "whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father" [Matthew 10:33], yet here we have a call to the opposite: a call to CLAIM HIM before men that He might CLAIM US before the Father.
  • "believe in your heart" ... not OUTSIDE, but INSIDE ... what we "believe in our heart" is not merely what we do (which might change with our fickle moods), rather it reaches down to "who we are"! "Who we are" is not easily changed by moods or circumstances. So what is it that has gotten into "who we are"? "God raised him from the dead" ... Jesus is God. We belong to Jesus (our Lord). Jesus died and NOW HE LIVES. That is what we believe ... not in our heads, but deep down in our heart ... in WHO WE ARE we believe that Our Jesus Lives and We are His.
  • "you will be saved" ... with that belief at our core, it is irrefutably true. We WILL be saved ... no death, no loss ... NOTHING WILL SEPARATE US FROM OUR LORD [Romans 8:38-39]
  • "it is with your heart that you believe" ... we are reminded of the Parable of the Soils (the condition of the HEART makes all the difference) and we are reminded of God's promises: "And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances and do them. Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God." [Ezekiel 11:19-20] and"This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them," [Hebrews 10:16]
  • "you believe and are justified" ... the twin gifts from the new heart: we believe and we are justified. [Ephesians 1:3-14] and [Ephesians 2:4-10] ... the immeasurable grace of God.
  • "with your mouth that you profess your faith" ... Our faith is not something to be carefully hidden away, deep inside ... it is something to be CONFESSED ... the GOOD WORKS which God prepared in advance that we should walk in [Ephesians 2:10] and the means by which "And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?" [Romans 10:14-15] is answered and part of "the word of our testimony" [Revelation 12:11]
  • "and are saved" ... no longer a future hope in a promise, but a present reality to be owned: "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified." [Romans 8:28-30]
All contained in a simple promise: "If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." A simple response if anyone should ask "What must I do?"

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I like that it touches on so many truths while keeping "first things first".

• "Jesus is Lord" ... a double entente ... as Jesus is LORD (GOD) and Jesus is our Lord (master).
  • "declare with your mouth" ... it is not enough to hold some "secret faith" that one hides from the world ... "whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father" [Matthew 10:33], yet here we have a call to the opposite: a call to CLAIM HIM before men that He might CLAIM US before the Father.
  • "believe in your heart" ... not OUTSIDE, but INSIDE ... what we "believe in our heart" is not merely what we do (which might change with our fickle moods), rather it reaches down to "who we are"! "Who we are" is not easily changed by moods or circumstances. So what is it that has gotten into "who we are"? "God raised him from the dead" ... Jesus is God. We belong to Jesus (our Lord). Jesus died and NOW HE LIVES. That is what we believe ... not in our heads, but deep down in our heart ... in WHO WE ARE we believe that Our Jesus Lives and We are His.
  • "you will be saved" ... with that belief at our core, it is irrefutably true. We WILL be saved ... no death, no loss ... NOTHING WILL SEPARATE US FROM OUR LORD [Romans 8:38-39]
  • "it is with your heart that you believe" ... we are reminded of the Parable of the Soils (the condition of the HEART makes all the difference) and we are reminded of God's promises: "And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances and do them. Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God." [Ezekiel 11:19-20] and"This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them," [Hebrews 10:16]
  • "you believe and are justified" ... the twin gifts from the new heart: we believe and we are justified. [Ephesians 1:3-14] and [Ephesians 2:4-10] ... the immeasurable grace of God.
  • "with your mouth that you profess your faith" ... Our faith is not something to be carefully hidden away, deep inside ... it is something to be CONFESSED ... the GOOD WORKS which God prepared in advance that we should walk in [Ephesians 2:10] and the means by which "And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?" [Romans 10:14-15] is answered and part of "the word of our testimony" [Revelation 12:11]
  • "and are saved" ... no longer a future hope in a promise, but a present reality to be owned: "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified." [Romans 8:28-30]
All contained in a simple promise: "If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." A simple response if anyone should ask "What must I do?"

Right on great insights here.