What is the light of the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Great question.

Look at all this and let it reveal for you a beautiful mystery......

God exists in LIGHT....
Jesus is the Light of the World.
The born again are Children of the Light.

God called Light out of Darkness, who is the Light of this World revealed as Truth... John 14:6
The born again were in Darkness until the Light of the Truth of the Gospel shined into them.. and enLIGHTENED them.

Truth, is Light.
Revelation is Truth's Light revealed as spiritual understanding.

The DEVIL blinds the mind so the Light of the Gospel and Gospel truth does not shine into this one.
He can do this to a Believer also.

When you received Christ, you were "translated from darkness......>>TO LIGHT".
This Light you have been translated INTO< is Spiritual Union with God, "in Christ"., in whom there is no darkness.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
psalm 23 the Lord (God) is my shepherd!

Jn 10:11
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

so Jesus is God!

Jesus is elohim / theos and yet his elohim / theos alone is the only true God.

It’s an easy concept in strict Jewish unitary monotheism.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
so Jesus is God!

Yes, Jesus is "God manifested in the Flesh" who existed before Abraham as the "Word' who is/was God. John 1.

When Thomas said to Jesus...>"my Lord and my GOD"...>Jesus didn't correct him, as why would God correct the truth?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great question.

Look at all this and let it reveal for you a beautiful mystery......

God exists in LIGHT....
Jesus is the Light of the World.
The born again are Children of the Light.

God called Light out of Darkness, who is the Light of this World revealed as Truth... John 14:6
The born again were in Darkness until the Light of the Truth of the Gospel shined into them.. and enLIGHTENED them.

Truth, is Light.
Revelation is Truth's Light revealed as spiritual understanding.

The DEVIL blinds the mind so the Light of the Gospel and Gospel truth does not shine into this one.
He can do this to a Believer also.

When you received Christ, you were "translated from darkness......>>TO LIGHT".
This Light you have been translated INTO< is Spiritual Union with God, "in Christ"., in whom there is no darkness.

how do we receive Christ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus is "God manifested in the Flesh" who existed before Abraham as the "Word' who is/was God. John 1.

When Thomas said to Jesus...>"my Lord and my GOD"...>Jesus didn't correct him, as why would God correct the truth?

I think there must be a giant factory somewhere that produces nothing but fundamentalist heretics who deny the Lord!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus radiated a light that blew away the stuffy cobwebs of darkness, and all christians radiate the same light..:)
Here's a pic of evangelist Kirk Roberts who visited me recently in Plymouth-
View attachment 26499
self-appointed Evangelist?

Anybody can be an evangelist if they like..:)
Dictionary: evangelist
noun: a person who seeks to convert others to the Christian faith, especially by public preaching.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well if you are referring to physical light, it is the sun, moon and stars.

If you are talking spiritual light, it is not a what but a who.

when Jesus walked the earth He was the light of the world. After His leaving and at Pentecost, th echurch has become the light of the world.

Remember the church is not an institution, or organization or sect, but the entire body of believers who have been bought by the blood of Jesus.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, very true, God's people have always had a "chain of command".

what?
The people never have jurisdictional authority

God only establishes peace, truth, justice, and order on obedience to hierarchical authority of the fathers!
Christ founded the church on Peter

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you are referring to physical light, it is the sun, moon and stars.

If you are talking spiritual light, it is not a what but a who.

when Jesus walked the earth He was the light of the world. After His leaving and at Pentecost, th echurch has become the light of the world.

Remember the church is not an institution, or organization or sect, but the entire body of believers who have been bought by the blood of Jesus.

not a jurisdictional hierarchical authoritative institution that me must be members of?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Mary nourishes the body of Christ!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not a jurisdictional hierarchical authoritative institution that me must be members of?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Mary nourishes the body of Christ!

No! Teh church has always been an organism. It has organization but is not an organization, but an organism. We are members of the body of Christ which automatically makes us members of THE church. Sects and denominations are just that sects. they contain the church but teh denominations are no tthe church.

No Mary doesn't nourish the church.