What is the name of your Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I attend Jerusalem UHCA (Reidsville, NC);
We are apart of the holiness denomination of the United Holy Church Of America Inc.
My pastor is Elder Mary Jackson

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Naming a church is to denominate it. We are just known as the brothers in whatever area we are in.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Episkopos obviously attends The First United Church of Buzz Kill.

Love the date you are getting baptized Maureen.

It was very early in the morning on 7/29/80 that I gave my life to Christ.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
I am a member of Christ's Apostolic/Catholic Church , that Church is mentioned in Matthew 18: 15-18; sorry to read where you all belong to some later man or woman's church.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
So does neo...

"Come and See Bible Church" for me.

And get over yourselves everyone... you do more to damage the reputation of Christ than Satan ever could.

Reactions: Angelina and aspen

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Axehead

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
our church doesnt have a name, cause Christ never gave it one, He just said one day He going to come back for Her for She is His bride and He will purify Her. And no its not called the catholic church which is not mentioned in the bible.

In all His most glorious love

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Naming a church is to denominate it. We are just known as the brothers in whatever area we are in.

...or street or house... We have no affiliation whatsoever with the artificial unity group called "the local church". They have turned a biblical idea into a man made dogma.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Hope Church.

We are, loosely, affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, but we choose to do it because of the autonomy where we can just be a local church.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
We rotate from house to house, weekly. Sometimes its Bobby's house, or Mark's house or Srini's house, etc, etc.

We are not incorporated 501c-3 organizations under the United States IRS tax rules so that we get out of paying taxes. We have no such "marriage" with the State. You become a agent of the State when you take anything from them (sign agreements with them). Did you know that? That is why the State can and does threaten to yank a "church's" tax exemption if they talk about the things that the State does not want you talking about. We have no desire to register with the State. Soon, laws will be passed that you cannot discriminate against people and if you are an agent of the State (501c-3 org) you will have to abide by these laws or have your tax-exemption yanked. Mammon folks! The worldly church will not admit it, but it is all about mammon.

Axehead

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We rotate from house to house, weekly. Sometimes its Bobby's house, or Mark's house or Srini's house, etc, etc.

We are not incorporated 501c-3 organizations under the United States IRS tax rules so that we get out of paying taxes. We have no such "marriage" with the State. You become a agent of the State when you take anything from them (sign agreements with them). Did you know that? That is why the State can and does threaten to yank a "church's" tax exemption if they talk about the things that the State does not want you talking about. We have no desire to register with the State. Soon, laws will be passed that you cannot discriminate against people and if you are an agent of the State (501c-3 org) you will have to abide by these laws or have your tax-exemption yanked. Mammon folks! The worldly church will not admit it, but it is all about mammon.

Axehead

Exactly like us!!! :)

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
I attend Epworth Chapel on the Green (Boise, Idaho). It is a combination church Anglican and Nazarene (governed by both denominations). I see denominations as families within Jesus kingdom, groups working together to do good in his name.

Reactions: aspen

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't attend a church in a building, so my church is called, The Body of Christ!

MTPockets

Aug 4, 2012
...or street or house... We have no affiliation whatsoever with the artificial unity group called "the local church". They have turned a biblical idea into a man made dogma.

Hi! 'Episkopos'
I half grinned reading about your preference to be recognized as attending a "local church".
The concept of this phrase had large import during the times when the writings of Watchman Nee and those similar were being introduced; perhaps as early as the early 70's.
When I was Managing Editor of a Christian Magazine, we found ourselves wrestling with this name formula for months.
Some were arguing that the magazine be direct and unforgiving with it's posture and plainly state the denominational separations as being "true" and/or "false".
But we concluded that this might be excessively divisive and accusatory.
In the end, we decided to formulate it as "cultural church" and "faithful church".

So, 'Episkopos', I like to believe that I don't belong to a so-called 'local church'. Rather, I belong to the 'faithful church'. :)

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Before I moved, I was a long time member of Redeeming Love Christian Center of Nanuet NY - Pastors Clinton & Sarah Utterbach