What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then you had Gnosticism, which was on the rise. The Gnostics had always been secretive but as time went on they had perfected their secretive nature. You do not hear to much about Gnostic persecution by the Romans. The popularity of Gnosticism was on the rise,
Gnosticism was readily put in check by "mainstream" Christianity, and you haven't a shred of evidence that any Gnostic tenants were accepted by the early church, so you are forced to re-write early church history so it fits your false narrative.
What it looked like was that mainstream Christianity was on its way out. This was understood at the time and was definitely on the minds of the Christian leaders. The belief of keeping the faith whole was fading away and they were really powerless to do anything about it.
This is precisely why you reject the Council of Nicaea (modelled after the Council of Jerusalem) that affirmed what had always been believed, that you arrogantly deny. Subsequent councils don't show any sign of the faith "fading away".
Then Constantine won the battle at the Milvian Bridge and things started to change drastically. He did not wait any time, the Christian persecutions suddenly stopped, even before the Edict of Milan.
That sent a message to all Christians....that he was serious. The story of Constantine and his mother is quite lengthy. This concept of one faith was something that he understood and being a Roman, how to get this done was definite in his wheelhouse. He opened communications with the Christian congregations (churches) and planned a meeting all expenses paid and accommodations arranged at Nicaea. Christianity sighed a breath of relief and the Christian leaders met at Nicaea. Constantine's intent was to organize and back Christianity and he moved quickly to make it clear that was what he intended to do. Christianity as one faith was his intent. And when the Roman Catholic Church was formed this became their initiative.
Nonsense. There is overwhelming biblical and historical evidence the Catholic Church was "formed" 300 years before Nicae, and this evidence has been posted repeatedly on this board. So you are forced to invent and deny early church history to make it fit your false narrative.
And the rest is history.
According to your numerous falsehoods borrowed from the SDA and JW's.
Constantine was a temporal ruler, and had no say whatsoever in the formulation the Council of Nicaea's canons. His name isn't even mentioned. IMO, if one rejects the Nicene Creed, they cannot call themselves Christian.
Now as we look back on it, some see that as a bad thing. But would Christianity have survived if that would not have happened?
Yes, because Jesus promised He would be with us until the end of time. You either believe the Bible or you don't.
Christianity has survived constant resistance from the world, and it's not because our leaders are holy and smart. Human ingenuity cannot account for it's survival, and no army, or revolt, or made-in-America "church" can destroy it. Even if the Vatican were to be nuked, it would never destroy the Catholic Church. It's impossible, because of God's promised protection. You either believe the Bible or you don't.
Would Gnosticism have overrun mainstream Christianity? Of course the answer to these questions we do not know for sure.
Yes, we do, if you follow the history of Gnosticism. You are at odds with every encyclopedia in the world.
Some people look back and criticize the Pagan aspects of merging with the Roman Empire.
Because pagan Romans were pagan, and always were. There was no merging.
Even Catholics want to distance the Catholic Church from Constantine and the Roman Empire ....they do not like the name Roman Catholic Church. But a lot of this is because they do not understand what was going on at the time.
"Roman Catholic Church" did not exist at the time, the Catholic Church did, which affirms your ignorance.
Nearly all of Christianity was made up of Pagan converts to Christianity or descendants of Pagan converts to Christianity.....Christians and Christian leaders a like. Back then they were Gentile-Christians and today we are Gentile-Christians. So before Constantine and the Edict of Milan all or nearly all Christians were Gentile-Christians coming from different regions and bringing in a lot of Pagan traditions and cultures. They had converted their religion but they had not abandoned all of their regional traditions. They were no longer worshipping Pagan gods but they still had their traditions and seasonal holidays, which eventually were Christianized. This was already set long before Constantine and the merger with the Roman Empire, Constantine and the Ecumenical Councils just organized it.

The concern with the Pagan aspects of Christianity is really a concern with all of Christianity at that time....because it was the norm. I have addressed this several times on the forum here.....what would it take, to take the Pagan aspects out of Christianity and get back to strictly Bible only.....it is not pretty....and when you get down to the brass tacks of it, most Christians would not like it. Get Paganism out of Christianity and live strictly according to the Bible! It sounds good.....until you try to actually do it.
The pagan influence fallacy is just that, A FALLACY.
Christian women living at a second rate status......arranged marriages....the New Testament never put a moratorium on arranged marriages. It never put a moratorium on polygamy and concubinage. Even Martin Luther acknowledged this. Slavery was not denounced by Christ and the Apostles and Christianity did not put an end to it. You would have to do away with wedding ceremonies and receptions because most definitely they come from Pagan traditions with Pagan rituals imbedded in them. Of course the holidays are gone. So the outcome of all that would not be pretty. The New Testament spoke against the wisdom of men....most Christian do not realize they were referring to Greco-Roman philosophies. So Christianity developed a negative view of education and the sciences and it leaders were preferably not educated, that did not workout well. Some of this persists today.
Yea, like wedding rings and the names of the days of the week. Pagan origins as such are rendered meaningless in todays world.
I do not believe the Catholic Church owes any apologies for merging with the Roman Empire.
Because it didn't. There was cooperation, but no merging. That is a myth propagated by JW's, SDA's, paranoid fundies, and revisionists like yourself. The Roman Empire collapsed and the Church was the only institution left standing.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I am no expert in language, Greek is Greek to me. But the above quote is quite bemusing to me being presented as it is to nullify the word over-seer. Overwatcher... Overseer... Watch... See... Am I the only one who can see the connection? Or am I the only one watching?
Doesn’t matter to ME if it means Ober-seer or Over-watcher.

MY point all along is that MANT if not MOST nouns have multiple words to represent them. I have presented SEVERL examples:
Couch/Sofa
Carpet/Rug
Groceries/Foodstuffs
Things/Objects

It is NO different with Episkopos and Overseer/Bishop.
YOUR problem – besides being wrong – is that your abject ignorance of hos languages work.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church is about authority and responsibility, not power. The difference between authority and power is that authority is given; power is taken. Christ gave His authority to His Church, the Catholic Church, to teach, preach, and sanctify. Protestantism took power upon themselves to try to replace Christ's Church, which according to St. Paul is His Body, and therefore, logically, Christ Himself. Those who follow Christ can do so in one of two general ways. They can follow Him according to His way, or they can follow them according to their own way. Protestantism chooses the latter. Catholicism, being the first by a wide margin, follows the former. Protestantism's connection to Christ is solely by their own viewpoint, rather than Christ's. They make up their own doctrines through personal interpretation of Scripture, which Scripture nixes in 2 Peter 1:20-21. The two pillars of Protestantism, Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide are entirely non-bibilcal, man-made doctrines. And the result of this? Continual splintering into more and more and more man-made, different-believing denominations. That cannot be the foundation of the fullness of truth that Christ gave mankind!
LOL!!!

Starting with your clear misinterpretation of Scripture... 2 Peter 1:20-21, "First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by human will, but men and women moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God." Prophecy -- the subject of these verses -- came from men and women moved by the Holy Spirit [who] spoke from God." How you can possibly apply this to Protestantism is beyond reason! Is that what your (fallible) Pope teaches you?

Now about power...

Matthew 11:21, “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the deeds of power done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Matthew 13:54, "He came to his hometown and began to teach the people in their synagogue, so that they were astounded and said, “Where did this man get this wisdom and these deeds of power?"

Matthew 22:29, "Jesus answered them, “You are wrong because you know neither the scriptures nor the power of God."

Mark 6:2, "On the Sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were astounded. They said, “Where did this man get all this? What is this wisdom that has been given to him? What deeds of power are being done by his hands!"

Mark 12:24, "Jesus said to them, “Is not this the reason you are wrong, that you know neither the scriptures nor the power of God?"

1 Corinthians 4:20, "For the kingdom of God depends not on talk but on power."

... and many more. So, who did Jesus and God the Father take their power from? Is there a deity higher than they are? Clearly, you are mistaken about this also. And how can you discount the extreme violent behavior of Catholics throughout history: the crusades, inquisitions, mass murder of indigenous peoples, sexual violence against children, etc? The Catholic denomination seized power and ruthlessly maintained it by unspeakable violence for centuries!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claiming that Christ gave His authority the Catholic Church, to teach, preach, and sanctify is total nonsense. There is no mention of the Catholic denomination in the Bible!!! He originally gave His power to His Jewish disciples, and later gave it to others as He willed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your claim that "Protestantism took power upon themselves to try to replace Christ's Church, which according to St. Paul is His Body, and therefore, logically, Christ Himself" is even more illogical. The Catholic "church" evolved from the early Jewish "churches" of the era of the apostles. Likewise, the Protestant "church" evolved from the Catholic church, which had become increasingly corrupt and violent. Protestantism is the next stage of Christ's true body, based on His principles of love and mercy. Again, and it bears repeating, The Catholic denomination seized power and ruthlessly maintained it by unspeakable violence for centuries!!!

Those who follow Christ can do so in one of two general ways. They can follow Him according to His way of inclusive love, or they can follow according to their own way of violence, pride, ornate rituals, and the teachings of costumed men.

Protestantism's connection to Christ is solely by obeying God's word, rather than the distorted teachings of costumed Popes, who make up their own pseudo-religious doctrines. The history of the Catholic denomination is riddled with persecution and mass murder, as well as setting themselves above the body of Christ. Protestantism is Christ's will to go beyond the corrupt Catholic denomination to a body of people who live according to His teachings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no mention of the Catholic denomination in Scripture!!!

Additionally, Christianity is divided between Eastern and Western theology. In these two divisions there are six branches: Catholicism, Protestantism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Anglicanism, Oriental Orthodoxy, and Assyrians, and these can be further divided.

It is arrogance and false pride for Catholics to claim that they are the original and/or one true church. In reality, there is ONE BODY of believers, of which Christ is the head, all of which is descended from the churches mentioned in the Bible.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WHAT ARE THE ROMAN CATACOMBS?

The catacombs are underground tunnels that were forged out of soft rock. They are long, marrow winding corridors. The dead were buried in the walls on either side. From time to time, going through these corridors, one comes to a wider space like a room. In these rooms the Christians would gather for the sacrifice of the Mass so as to worship free from the pagan’s persecutions.

Burial in the catacombs stopped when the barbarians plundered Rome. The popes removed the relics of the saints and martyrs from the catacombs. The catacombs, once abandoned, were gradually forgotten and not discovered again until the end of the sixteenth century. Most famous of the catacombs is that of St. Callistus, where many of the popes were buried after they were martyred for the faith.

HOW THE CATACOMBS BEAR WITNESS TO THE TRUE CATHOLIC FAITH TODAY

An authentic Catholic catechism, containing to true Catholic teachings, could be composed from the pictures and inscriptions on the tombs and walls of ancient catacombs of the first three centuries. Pictures, medals, and inscriptions in the catacombs identify the faith of the early Christians with the Catholic faith.

The catacombs prove that the first Christians believed that Jesus Christ is true God and true Man. They also believed in the Real Presence of Jesus in the holy Eucharist, the divine institution of the papacy, the dignity of the mother of God, the intercession of the saints, purgatory, prayers for the deceased.

The emblem of the fish, ichthys, was frequently used in the catacombs. It is a symbol of the Lord Jesus, for the Greek word ichthys means “fish” and its letters are the initials for “Jesus Christ, God’s Son, Savior.” When Christians spoke of “receiving the fish”, they meant to receive Jesus in Holy communion.

Frequently, pictures of our Savior in the catacombs reveal him as the Good Shepherd., carrying the lost sheep on his shoulders. This is the ancient biblical form which reveals the same message as our modern devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. A number of people are sitting around a table on which is bread and fish.

Death and resurrection were often in the minds of the early Christians, as indicated by the pictures of Noah and the ark, Jonah and the whale, Daniel in the lions’ den, and the raising of Lazarus. Their faith in resurrection and eternal life gave them courage in facing death under persecution. There is also the famous account of Tarsicius being martyred as he took the holy Eucharist, the bread of life, to Christian prisoners.

The eucharistic sacrifice of the Mass was offered in the catacombs on the altars under which rested the bodies of martyrs. Catholic altars even today have “altar stones” in which the relics of saints and martyrs were placed by bishops when they consecrated the altar stones.
A Catechism of the Catholic Church, by Robert J. Fox. Copyright©

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding the Catholic boast that Peter was the first Pope, i.e., the first leader of their denomination, here is what Scripture says about such heretical pride...

1 Corinthians 1:10-13a, "Now I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you be in agreement and that there be no divisions among you but that you be knit together in the same mind and the same purpose. For it has been made clear to me by Chloe’s people that there are quarrels among you, my brothers and sisters. What I mean is that each of you says, “I belong to Paul,” or “I belong to Apollos,” or “I belong to Cephas,” or “I belong to Christ.” Has Christ been divided?"

Catholicism is based on this unScriptural separation of Christ's body. Believers are one body with Christ as the head.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding the Catholic boast that Peter was the first Pope, i.e., the first leader of their denomination, here is what Scripture says about such heretical pride...

1 Corinthians 1:10-13a, "Now I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you be in agreement and that there be no divisions among you but that you be knit together in the same mind and the same purpose. For it has been made clear to me by Chloe’s people that there are quarrels among you, my brothers and sisters. What I mean is that each of you says, “I belong to Paul,” or “I belong to Apollos,” or “I belong to Cephas,” or “I belong to Christ.” Has Christ been divided?"

Catholicism is based on this unScriptural separation of Christ's body. Believers are one body with Christ as the head.
Funny you should mention 1 Cor. 10 in your condemnation of a hierarchy because, just TWO chapters later, Paul lists a hierarchy:
1 Cor. 12:27-31

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

Paul reiterates the importance of a Church hierarchy in the following verses:
1 Thess. 5:12

We ask you, brothers, to respect those who are laboring among you and who are OVER YOU in the Lord and who admonish you,

1 Tim. 5:17
Let the elders that RULE WELL be counted worthy of DOUBLE HONOUR, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We don't boast about a biblical and historical fact that you arrogantly deny. The CC is NOT a denomination. If you insist it is, then give evidence of what church the CC separated from. That's impossible, because the CC didn't separate from anybody; future communities separated themselves from the CC, not the other way around.
Paul is not saying that Peter is not above Paul in authority any more than he is saying that Christ is not above both of them. What Paul is saying is that if you accept any one, Christ , Peter, Paul, or Apollos, then you must accept all of the others. A person cannot rationalize a rejection of any one of them.
You have an earthly body with no earthly head. That's why you have no unity.

Jesus established only one Church, not a collection of differing churches (Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican, and so on). The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church.​
His Church also teaches just one set of doctrines, which must be the same as those taught by the apostles (Jude 3). This is the unity of belief to which Scripture calls us (Phil. 1:27, 2:2).​
Although some Catholics dissent from officially-taught doctrines, the Church’s official teachers—the pope and the bishops united with him—have never changed any doctrine. Over the centuries, as doctrines are examined more fully, the Church comes to understand them more deeply (John 16:12–13), but it never understands them to mean the opposite of what they once meant.​
Furthermore, a professed abortionist cannot realistically claim to be a Christian in any meaningful sense.​
A Herodian Christian is a contradiction in terms.​

Last edited:

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do you believe the Catholic Church is the only one that counts?
The Catholic Church is the only one founded by Christ. It's nature is decidedly different than all other man-made denominations, in that it is the a living, Divine entity, the Body of Christ, as St. Paul says.
Eph. 1:22-23 says:
And he put all things beneath his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of the one who fills all things in every way.

Colossians 1:24 says:
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the church,...

Christ didn't come in the 16th century, when Protestantism began, and found a new Church. He only founded one Church. Historically, the only Church that can be is the Catholic Church, since it is, by centuries, the oldest.

Recall when Saul (Paul's Hebrew name) was going around persecuting Christians? And Jesus knocked him off his horse and said to him:

He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” Acts 9:4

Note that Jesus didn't say, "...why are you persecuting My Church? which he was doing, but "...why are you persecuting ME?" Christ and His Church identify as one! Persecute Christ's Church and you are persecuting Christ! Lie about Christ's Church and you like about Christ!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The CC, which is the "Cult of Mary", as designated so, in about 5AD.

Look how far they've come.
-
-

Feast Days of Mary​

January 1Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God *
January 8Our Lady of Prompt Succor
February 2Presentation of the Lord
February 11Our Lady of Lourdes
March 25Annunciation
May 13Our Lady of Fatima
May 31Visitation
June 27Our Mother of Perpetual Help
July 16Our Lady of Mount Carmel
August 15Assumption *
August 22Queenship of Mary
September 8Birth of Mary
September 12The Most Holy Name of Mary
September 15Our Lady of Sorrows
October 7Our Lady of the Rosary
November 21Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
December 8Immaculate Conception *
December 12Our Lady of Guadalupe
* Holy day of Obligation

The Month of Mary is May.
The Month of the Rosary is October.
The Feast of the Immaculate Heart is the Saturday following the Second Sunday after Pentecost.
The First Saturday of each Month is also dedicated to Marian Devotions.

And, here is the largest known Mary.
She's a big girl.
-
1682549559615.png

Reactions:face2face
Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete
Where is she at?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church is about authority and responsibility, not power. The difference between authority and power is that authority is given; power is taken. Christ gave His authority to His Church, the Catholic Church, to teach, preach, and sanctify. Protestantism took power upon themselves to try to replace Christ's Church, which according to St. Paul is His Body, and therefore, logically, Christ Himself. Those who follow Christ can do so in one of two general ways. They can follow Him according to His way, or they can follow them according to their own way. Protestantism chooses the latter. Catholicism, being the first by a wide margin, follows the former. Protestantism's connection to Christ is solely by their own viewpoint, rather than Christ's. They make up their own doctrines through personal interpretation of Scripture, which Scripture nixes in 2 Peter 1:20-21. The two pillars of Protestantism, Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide are entirely non-bibilcal, man-made doctrines. And the result of this? Continual splintering into more and more and more man-made, different-believing denominations. That cannot be the foundation of the fullness of truth that Christ gave mankind!
Well I am not Bible only because the Bible only tells the first 65 years of the Christian story.
And the Catholics have a story of man named Peter and everything hinges on him, but everything they did by no means reflect his character.
The Catholic Church is one of few Churches that make up doctrines.....Watch out! That baby has sins on it! Don't have sex you will make more sin! Do you think the light is attracting them?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church is the only one founded by Christ. It's nature is decidedly different than all other man-made denominations, in that it is the a living, Divine entity, the Body of Christ, as St. Paul says.
Eph. 1:22-23 says:
And he put all things beneath his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of the one who fills all things in every way.

Colossians 1:24 says:
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the church,...

Christ didn't come in the 16th century, when Protestantism began, and found a new Church. He only founded one Church. Historically, the only Church that can be is the Catholic Church, since it is, by centuries, the oldest.

Recall when Saul (Paul's Hebrew name) was going around persecuting Christians? And Jesus knocked him off his horse and said to him:

He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” Acts 9:4

Note that Jesus didn't say, "...why are you persecuting My Church? which he was doing, but "...why are you persecuting ME?" Christ and His Church identify as one! Persecute Christ's Church and you are persecuting Christ! Lie about Christ's Church and you like about Christ!
We have no Church today that was christened by or endorsed by Christ....

When the meaning of church changed from a congregation to a building the definition of things changed to. Salvation is based on our faith in Christ.....no building or priest between us and Him. No need for a building or a Church to reach Christ. And no man can give a church power.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gnosticism was readily put in check by "mainstream" Christianity, and you haven't a shred of evidence that any Gnostic tenants were accepted by the early church, so you are forced to re-write early church history so it fits your false narrative.
Oh I can produce evidence.....but what are you calling evidence?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is precisely why you reject the Council of Nicaea (modelled after the Council of Jerusalem) that affirmed what had always been believed, that you arrogantly deny. Subsequent councils don't show any sign of the faith "fading away".
My reference to fading away was before the councils.

Nonsense. There is overwhelming biblical and historical evidence the Catholic Church was "formed" 300 years before Nicae, and this evidence has been posted repeatedly on this board. So you are forced to invent and deny early church history to make it fit your false narrative.
You have nothing but a fantasy.
According to your numerous falsehoods borrowed from the SDA and JW's.
Constantine was a temporal ruler, and had no say whatsoever in the formulation the Council of Nicaea's canons. His name isn't even mentioned. IMO, if one rejects the Nicene Creed, they cannot call themselves Christian.
I disagree.

Yes, we do, if you follow the history of Gnosticism. You are at odds with every encyclopedia in the world.
And the encyclopedia is going to tell yo what?

Because pagan Romans were pagan, and always were. There was no merging.
Well the facts disagree with you.

"Roman Catholic Church" did not exist at the time, the Catholic Church did, which affirms your ignorance.
What is the difference between Catholic and Roman Catholic?
"Roman Catholic" and "Catholic"
"In popular usage, 'Catholic' usually means 'Roman Catholic'," a usage opposed by some, including some Protestants. "Catholic" usually refers to members of any of the 24 constituent Churches, the one Western and the 23 Eastern.

What is the Roman Catholic Church?
The Roman Catholic Church or Catholic Church (see Terminology below) is the Christian Church in full communion with the Bishop of Rome, currently Pope Benedict XVI. It traces its origins and sees itself as the same Church founded by Jesus of Nazareth and maintained through Apostolic Succession from the Twelve Apostles.

Is Roman Catholic still Catholic?
It includes most of the Catholics in the Western world. A Roman Catholic is a Catholic who is a member of the Roman rite. There are many Catholics in the East who are not Roman Catholics, such as Maronite Catholics, Ukrainian Catholics, and Chaldean Catholics.

What is the Roman Rite in the Catholic Church?
The Roman Rite is the manner of celebrating the Holy Sacrifice, administering Sacraments, reciting the Divine Office, and performing other ecclesiastical functions (blessings, all kinds of Sacramentals, etc.) as used in the city and Diocese of Rome. The Roman Rite is the most wide-spread in Christendom.

Who do Roman Catholic worship?
The Apostle Peter. LOL

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when I give you name and a site you promise to agree with me on everything?
No - I promise to agree with you when you can PROVE your point.

If you send me to a bogus site - I might be able to prove it wrong.
Send me the documented evidence.