What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually its quite older than that . Our language used to be written in ruinc form .
We actually got our alphabet from latin too . We would not have been able to even read our own langauge
in its ruinc form . Let alone even as it was given a latin alphabet to produce the sounds and spellings .
Around the end of the eleventh century we began to morph into what is called middle english .
It had a lot of french influence and of course lots of latin influence .
Its much easier to read than old english . Then we moved on to a great vowel change
as well as into early modern english . Early modern english was the text of the KJV
Wycliff was middle english . You can compare the two . OH its accurate , but some words like CLEPID , which means
called are still in the middle english . Even in the old english with latin alaphabet we can understand some , not much
but some of it . ME DID a study on the entire devolpment of the english langague .
To prove to all what i already knew . THE BIBLE HAS ALWAYS BEEN ACCURATE . THEY lying to us
when they try and say older versions of the english or KJV and etc were not accurate .
ITS TODAYS verions that have the problems . And men love to claim KOINE GREEK
as a means to CHANGE SOME things that were written . THEY LIE TOO .
Trying to get us to accept things like homosexaulity and that there is no lake of fire and junk like that .
But this lamb WONT HEED them ever wise sounding things . GOD WAS and IS in control .
The english bibles were ACCURATE . ITS TODAYS men who LIE and have sold lies to the masses
to get them to serve another agenda . AND ITS ONE I WONT BE BUYING .
I don't know if you copied this from somewhere but it is full of your usual errors. Words like Latin and English are capitalized. There is no such thing as "langauge" or "homosexaulity". Nor is there "ruinc" form. And "Wycliff" is actually "Wycliffe". And "ITS TODAYS verions that have the problems" is laughable! What is a "verion"?

And you are clearly mistaken if you think that the King James is an accurate translation, but modern translations are not.

And statements like "ITS TODAYS [sic] men who LIE and have sold lies to the masses to get them to serve another agenda" are your usual nonsense. What generation are you living in, the 17th?

Finally, if you're such a language expert, why do you write ungrammatical junk like "ME DID a study on the entire devolpment of the english langague .' LOL!!! That is horrible English!!! Maybe you should do more studying! LOL!!!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if you copied this from somewhere but it is full of your usual errors. Words like Latin and English are capitalized. There is no such thing as "langauge" or "homosexaulity". Nor is there "ruinc" form. And "Wycliff" is actually "Wycliffe". And "ITS TODAYS verions that have the problems" is laughable! What is a "verion"?

And you are clearly mistaken if you think that the King James is an accurate translation, but modern translations are not.

And statements like "ITS TODAYS [sic] men who LIE and have sold lies to the masses to get them to serve another agenda" are your usual nonsense. What generation are you living in, the 17th?

Finally, if you're such a language expert, why do you write ungrammatical junk like "ME DID a study on the entire devolpment of the english langague .' LOL!!! That is horrible English!!! Maybe you should do more studying! LOL!!!
You simply need to believe i am but a dumb man , a redneck who can only count to twenty if my shoes are off .
I wrote this jim . I DID the research . AMIGO can READ JIM . I know that seems hard for you to grasp .
But amigo can read jim . I actually DID MUCH research on many things . I dont just sit and follow progressive lies
or any lies . I , by grace test all things JIM. AMIGO can read jim . Amigo used to be a very world wise man JIM .
I COUNT ALL THAT DUNG , DOO DOO ,POO POO , Crap , waste . Folks used to praise me jim .
Praise me for my intellect and ever so wise sounding philosophies , physcologies , speed at learning .
ITS ALL DUNG JIMMY my friend . THE wisdom of this world that so many , specially in the progressive movement
hold too , IS ALL DUNG jim . And i did that on purpose jim . ME DID , heck yeah i know that is wrong english
but it sure gives you at least something to correct , SINCE YOU SURE cannot CORRECT the DOCTRINE i bring .
At least i can bring you bad english .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is absolutely nothing in the Bible that says that Jesus founded the Catholic denomination. That is nothing but self-serving mythology. He founded His church, i.e., His body of all believers.
Hey Jim B,

How do "all believers" fulfill 1 Timothy 3:15 and Matthew 18:17?

Curious Mary

Reactions: BreadOfLife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your comment sounds an awful lot along the same lines of when Mary poured the expensive perfumed oil on Jesus, and Judas Iscariot complained that it could have been sold and the money given to the poor.

See John 12:5...

“Why was this oil not sold for three hundred days’ wages* and given to the poor?”

The Catholic Church, remember, is the Body of Christ.
Just wait till you see the connection between judas and redist of wealth .
The elites preach the message this can be done for the poor too .
BUT IT AINT the POOR they care for , THEY GONNA OWN THE NEW SYSTEM
they gonna have all power and control over what is put in the bag .
I am only sorry many churches have fallen for this ruse .
Now the prosperity gospel money mongers , THEY FALSE TOO .
But this redist of wealth aint gonna be for the very poor folks think its being done for .
Elites so rich and powerful seem to be ALL FOR IT . Like george sorros .
Rather odd , IF HE LOVED THE POOR So much , why did he help destroy nations and make a BUCK OFF IT .
These people are false , as is the false prosperity gospel , as is the false progressive movement
as are many . Some of the richest of the rich
some of the most richest instiutions , like kenneth copeland , like scores of them amongst
the nar can all holler We need to support the poor . YET HOW COME THEY just continue to make all kinds
of money off the backs of the people .
Before you agree with me on the problems within protestantism .
TRY LOOKING at your beloved RCC . That institution alone makes benny hinn , copeland and others
look like men in poverty . IF FOLKS GAVE A HOOT about the poor
WHY on earth do they simply not GIVE all to the poor and live SIMPLE LIVES .
The vatican is CROOKED , the popes are but mouthpieces for its lies
and the protestant realm sure aint looking any better . TIME WE RETURN TO BIBLES and learn THAT JESUS
and DONT DO IT through the progressive lies of men . CAUSE BOY do they lie .

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us...” — John 17:20, 21

It is often asked, “What is the right denomination?” There are hundreds, if not thousands of denominations all claiming to be this one true church, but does God recognize any of these as His representative on earth? This subject should be approached prayerfully and honestly. If there was but one church in the beginning, established by our Lord, there should be but the one church in the end — the church triumphant in glory. Colossians 3:4

The word church was first used in the New Testament and is a translation of the Greek word ekklesia, which means a calling out. Jesus said to his disciples, “I have chosen you out of the world.” (John 15:19) The true church is a company of believers who, in accepting the invitation of Christ, have become sanctified or separated from the world, worldly pursuits and worldly organizations.

Those of the early church bore no denominational names, but were simply identified by their location. “Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, …sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints…” (1 Corinthians 1:2) These sanctified individuals in various communities set themselves apart from the world and dedicate their lives to God through the merit of His Son. Thus, the true church is not a place to go to, nor is it a denomination to belong to. The church is the gathering of sincere believers. Paul emphasized this when he confirmed that Jesus’ followers were baptized only into Christ and not into an earthly organization. There is but one baptism, and that is into Christ. Thus, it is a misconception that one joins or is baptized into a particular church denomination. Ephesians 4:4-6; Galatians 3:27; Romans 6:3, 4
Saints in Christ Jesus are the only members of the body and church of Jesus Christ on earth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got dementia?
THE WORD POPE WAS NOT WRITTEN IN THE 1ST CENTURY....IT WAS NOT SAID IN THE FIRST CENTURY!!!!
IT IS ENGLISH AND ENGLISH DID NOT EXIST UNTIL THE 14TH CENTURY. LOU LOU LOU
ONE more time, Einstein:
The word "Pope" is NOT an official title. It is a term of endearment that means "PAPA".

On the other hand, Einstein - let's look at the title of "First Lady", which did not come into use until the mid-19th century (1800's).
Was Martha Washington NOT the First Lady because that title didn’t exist until the mid-19th century?

According to Wikipedia and the U.S. National Parks Service – she WAS the FIRST First Lady:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first_ladies_of_the_United_States#:~:text=The%20first%20first%20lady%20was,remarried%20during%20their%20presidential%20tenures.

https://www.nps.gov/fila/learn/historyculture/first-ladies.htm

You are DEAD WRONG on this issue.

Reactions: Augustin56

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wait till you see the connection between judas and redist of wealth .
The elites preach the message this can be done for the poor too .
BUT IT AINT the POOR they care for , THEY GONNA OWN THE NEW SYSTEM
they gonna have all power and control over what is put in the bag .
I am only sorry many churches have fallen for this ruse .
Now the prosperity gospel money mongers , THEY FALSE TOO .
But this redist of wealth aint gonna be for the very poor folks think its being done for .
Elites so rich and powerful seem to be ALL FOR IT . Like george sorros .
Rather odd , IF HE LOVED THE POOR So much , why did he help destroy nations and make a BUCK OFF IT .
These people are false , as is the false prosperity gospel , as is the false progressive movement
as are many . Some of the richest of the rich
some of the most richest instiutions , like kenneth copeland , like scores of them amongst
the nar can all holler We need to support the poor . YET HOW COME THEY just continue to make all kinds
of money off the backs of the people .
Before you agree with me on the problems within protestantism .
TRY LOOKING at your beloved RCC . That institution alone makes benny hinn , copeland and others
look like men in poverty . IF FOLKS GAVE A HOOT about the poor
WHY on earth do they simply not GIVE all to the poor and live SIMPLE LIVES .
The vatican is CROOKED , the popes are but mouthpieces for its lies
and the protestant realm sure aint looking any better . TIME WE RETURN TO BIBLES and learn THAT JESUS
and DONT DO IT through the progressive lies of men . CAUSE BOY do they lie .
Satan has truly gotten hold of our educational system, our government, and the media. All are controlled by Marxists, who are anti-God. There is no lie they won't tell, no trick they won't try to gain control of the culture and enslave them to the state (government). The educational system allows them to dummy down the population and rather than educate them, they indoctrinate them. They rob them of the ability to reason clearly. The media backs up the indoctrination by constantly reinforcing the lies taught in the educational system. And the government wants to control all by destroying the Constitution, our rights, and our morals. All rights and morals come from God, but they deny that.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You simply need to believe i am but a dumb man , a redneck who can only count to twenty if my shoes are off .
I wrote this jim . I DID the research . AMIGO can READ JIM . I know that seems hard for you to grasp .
But amigo can read jim . I actually DID MUCH research on many things . I dont just sit and follow progressive lies
or any lies . I , by grace test all things JIM. AMIGO can read jim . Amigo used to be a very world wise man JIM .
I COUNT ALL THAT DUNG , DOO DOO ,POO POO , Crap , waste . Folks used to praise me jim .
Praise me for my intellect and ever so wise sounding philosophies , physcologies , speed at learning .
ITS ALL DUNG JIMMY my friend . THE wisdom of this world that so many , specially in the progressive movement
hold too , IS ALL DUNG jim . And i did that on purpose jim . ME DID , heck yeah i know that is wrong english
but it sure gives you at least something to correct , SINCE YOU SURE cannot CORRECT the DOCTRINE i bring .
At least i can bring you bad english .
Did people really praise you for your intellect and ever so wise sounding philosophies? Now, you deliberately write poor English, complete with misspellings? Why is it that I don't believe you?

You did that on purpose? You intentionally wrote semiliterate garbage? Why is it that I don't believe you?

James 5:12b, "let your “Yes” be yes and your “No” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did people really praise you for your intellect and ever so wise sounding philosophies? Now, you deliberately write poor English, complete with misspellings? Why is it that I don't believe you?

You did that on purpose? You intentionally wrote semiliterate garbage? Why is it that I don't believe you?

James 5:12b, "let your “Yes” be yes and your “No” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation."
They actually did jim . It was all vain of course . I used to really like the attention too . THOUGH i pretended not too .
False humility jim . OH i was guilty of much my friend . PRAISE GOD FOR THE GRACE GIVEN
ME IN CHRIST is all i can say .
Now repeat after me . Progressivism is false
deconstruction is false .
prosperity gospel is false .
Nar is false
emergent church false
RCC false .
Social all inclusive gospel , THE LIE of the strong delusion given unto all false religoins to unify them as one
The sooner you learn this the better .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONE more time, Einstein:
The word "Pope" is NOT an official title. It is a term of endearment that means "PAPA".
I would disagree because anybody....media or anyone that would refer to Pope Francis as just Francis would be considered wrong.
And again for the 1000th time you cannot call people that lived before English existed Pope.

On the other hand, Einstein - let's look at the title of "First Lady", which did not come into use until the mid-19th century (1800's).
Understand that, but the difference is the Church's intent to deceive. The Church nor it stricture and offices existed before 312 AD.
Even then no one actually was called Pope until around the 16th century.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would disagree because anybody....media or anyone that would refer to Pope Francis as just Francis.
And again for the 1000th time you cannot call people that lived before English existed Pope.
It doesn't matter is YOU disagree.
Facts are FACTS.- and "Pope" is a nickname and NOT an official title for the Bishop of Rome.
You have LOST this argument already. Time to
give it up . . .
Understand that, but the difference is the Church's intent to deceive. The Church nor it stricture and offices existed before 312 AD.
I destroyed your argument with my First Lady comparison.
It doesn't matter in EITHER case WHEN the title was developed.

ALL of the First Ladies held the unofficial title and ALL of the Popes hels that unofficial title.

Game OVER.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Facts are FACTS.- and "Pope" is a nickname and NOT an official title for the Bishop of Rome.
Tell the Pope that.....

I destroyed your argument with my First Lady comparison.
It doesn't matter in EITHER case WHEN the title was developed.

ALL of the First Ladies held the unofficial title and ALL of the Popes hels that unofficial title.

Game OVER.
LOL the game was over the first time I corrected you.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They actually did jim . It was all vain of course . I used to really like the attention too . THOUGH i pretended not too .
False humility jim . OH i was guilty of much my friend . PRAISE GOD FOR THE GRACE GIVEN
ME IN CHRIST is all i can say .
Now repeat after me . Progressivism is false
deconstruction is false .
prosperity gospel is false .
Nar is false
emergent church false
RCC false .
Social all inclusive gospel , THE LIE of the strong delusion given unto all false religoins to unify them as one
The sooner you learn this the better .
Aside from your usual atrocious English, the true gospel is all inclusive. "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him." John 3:16-17.

Your chronic condemnation of everyone is completely contrary to God's nature. He loves the world; you condemn the world.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell the Pope that.....
He knows better than YOU what his titles are.
He has EIGHT official titles - and "Pope" ain't on the list

LOL the game was over the first time I corrected you.
Ummmmmm, can you point me to that post?
Because I've refuted EVERY one of your arguments - and I'll be HAPPY to point you to ANY ONE of them . . .

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amigo de christo @Jim B

I worship with a lot of different denominations.....I look for a church that has a good spirit and good people, but I am not looking for perfection. Most denominations have the general idea and lead people to salvation, your beliefs do not have to be perfect to be saved.....Only God understands perfectly.

I have to be tolerant others because, if you start counting their false beliefs the numbers can get rather large. Over the centuries most of this was caused by the "human desire" to condemn and edify themselves. Whether they say it or not....
I am a better Christian or more right with God because I do not smoke cigarettes.
I am a better Christian or more right with God because I do not drink.
I am a better Christian or more right with God because I do not dance.
I am a better Christian or more right with God because I do not play the Lottery.
I am a better Christian or more right with God because I do not play cards or use dice.

etc

There are some serious problems with false beliefs and man-made sins.

1. They distract from what are real sins and create a minefield of real sins and fake sins for Christians to navigate where they are likely to step on a real sin trying to avoid fake sins.
2. They give Christians more opportunities to condemn one another and gossip.
3. They skew the meaning of the scriptures.....
4. It has turned Christianity in to a "don't doers" religion where your "rightness" with God is based on what you don't do. To the point that a lot of Christians do not believe that Good Deeds are the way of Christians, that they do not matter to God. That the best Christians are those that live in a closet and only come out on Sundays. And this don't doers religion skews the meaning of the scriptures.
5. Producing fake sins in effect are the same as making Laws.....again placing Christians under the burden of the Laws.

False beliefs and fake sins hand Christians a double edged axe, one edge for others and one edge for themselves. Whether you condemn others with fake sins or preach the belief of fake sins, you can turn people away from Christ and their souls lost to Hell and you are accountable for that.

“Do not judge, so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
Matthew 7:1-3

So when you condemn or accuse others of fake sins.....now that fake sin becomes a real sin for you and you will be judged as you judged others.

It is important to know biblical sins.....
2nd Corinthians :5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Matthew 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God”

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: sexual immorality, impurity, indecent behavior, idolatry, witchcraft, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Trade the axe in for love.....Be good and do good.
The Johnny Appleseed of Truth.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Ummmmmm, can you point me to that
post?
Because I've refuted EVERY one of your arguments - and I'll be HAPPY to point you to ANY ONE of them . . .
Didn't Abraham Lincoln say, "The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are so often misattributed."? :D

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pope's proper title, according to the Vatican's website, is Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province.

Title implied and title in use. Leonardo Da Vinci is not a name.....it means Leonardo from Vinci.....but that is how we refer to him.
As a whole Pope Francis will be refered to as Pope Francis....not Vicar Francis or Bishop Francis or Supreme Pontiff Francis.

And it is not what Catholics try to apply to people of the past that lived before the word Pope existed.

Ummmmmm, can you point me to that post?
You go find it.
You have done a very poor job of represent the Church on this forum and Church and Christ deserves better.
You have not refuted anything but demonstrate a religion of denial and poor manners.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pope's proper title, according to the Vatican's website, is Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province.

Title implied and title in use. Leonardo Da Vinci is not a name.....it means Leonardo from Vinci.....but that is how we refer to him.
As a whole Pope Francis will be refered to as Pope Francis....not Vicar Francis or Bishop Francis or Supreme Pontiff Francis.
As I stated before - I destroyed your argument about the use of the word “Pope” in post #2226 with my “First Lady“ comparison . . .
And it is not what Catholics try to apply to people of the past that lived before the word Pope existed.

You go find it.
Of COURSE.
You won’t point me to a post because it DOESN’T exist . . .

You have done a very poor job of represent the Church on this forum and Church and Christ deserves better.
You have not refuted anything but demonstrate a religion of denial and poor manners.
Yes – manners and formatting are the two biggest gripes against men from those who have completely run OUT of ammunition.

And ALL this, coning from the
KING of Denial . . .