What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the UK the Brethren was the main denomination to be affected. I joined a church that was founded by a Brethren Elder. He received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues and was told he had to desist or leave, which he did. He started a fellowship consisting of three people and over time it became a leading light in the restoration movement and attracted visitors from all over the world.

it was the forerunner of what was commonly known as the Restoration Movement and several branches of it were started by ex-Brethren Elders.
Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake....
The Holy Spirit has been talking to people all along.
And there are Holy Ghost Catholic churches.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I am not very good at reading between the lines.
They burnt Joan of Arc at the stake for hearing voices.
The Holy Ghost has been talking to people all along. Some of the Protestants had to start their own churches to get away from the successionists that thought the Holy Spirit went silent after the biblical era.
There are both Catholic and Protestant churches that are Holy Ghost churches.

Last edited:

theJW

Apr 15, 2023
port orange, fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churchianity has no truth.
Jehovah's Witness have there faults, but I've found that their the true 'church' (congregations)

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Churchianity has no truth.
Jehovah's Witness have there faults, but I've found that their the true 'church' (congregations)
I suggest you defend your Arianism in a forum where discussion of the Trinity isn't illegal. You can find such forums in the rules.
The burnt Joan of Arc at the stake for hearing voices.
The Holy Ghost has been talking to people all along. Some of the Protestants had to start their own churches to get away from the successionists cessationists that thought the Holy Spirit went silent after the biblical era.
There are both Catholic and Protestant churches that are Holy Ghost churches.
Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake by the English, who was at war with France. She rallied the weak French army into a fighting force because God, through an angel, told her to. She was an illiterate peasant, yet stumped the educated interrogators. It's a fascinating read:

Some charismatic Christians say the movement is the "latter rain" mentioned in the book of Joel. If you dare search through the lives of the saints, you'll discover that gifts of the spirit have been manifested at some point in every century, just not in massive movements.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Grailhunter said:
Don't get me wrong....I am big on the Bread and wine ritual and the sacred blood of Yeshua.
But still the initial reaction of the Apostles is not surprising. To them the concept of drinking someone's blood and eating someone's body was of the worst of sacrileges. I am sure this was not the only conversation He had with the Apostles on this. The details of why it was important? Why it had to be done? And what all it involved from the physical and the spiritual aspects? Do we understand? Can we understand?
Without sanctifying grace, humble acceptance of the Real Presence is impossible. It flows directly from the Incarnation Principle. A mystery is something we know some things about, but impossible to know everything about. As it is with the Incarnation Itself.
For this reason I think it is important to do it with wine and bread....not a Host and not with crackers and Kool-Aid.
What is your understanding of "host"???

It was the very suffering of Jesus in the flesh, and the voluntary shedding of His own blood, which constituted the crucial, essential aspect of His work as our Redeemer and Savior. One can't avoid this: “he was bruised for our iniquities” (Is 53:5).​
So it is curious that many Protestants appear to possess a pronounced hostility to the sacramental belief of the Real Presence in the Eucharist, seeing that it flows so straightforwardly from the incarnation and the crucifixion itself.​
This brings to mind an analogy to the Jewish and Muslim disdain for the incarnation as an unthinkable (impossible?) task for God to undertake. They view the incarnation in the same way that the majority of Protestants regard the Eucharist.
For them God wouldn't or couldn't or shouldn't become a man (such a thought is blasphemous; unthinkable!). For many (not all) Protestants, God wouldn't or couldn't or shouldn't become substantially, physically, sacramentally present under the outward forms of bread and wine.​
The dynamic is the same as the Incarnation.​

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Dr. Hahn is a former Baptist college professor and still preaches like one.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grailhunter said:

Without sanctifying grace, humble acceptance of the Real Presence is impossible. It flows directly from the Incarnation Principle. A mystery is something we know some things about, but impossible to know everything about. As it is with the Incarnation Itself.

What is your understanding of "host"???

It was the very suffering of Jesus in the flesh, and the voluntary shedding of His own blood, which constituted the crucial, essential aspect of His work as our Redeemer and Savior. One can't avoid this: “he was bruised for our iniquities” (Is 53:5).​
So it is curious that many Protestants appear to possess a pronounced hostility to the sacramental belief of the Real Presence in the Eucharist, seeing that it flows so straightforwardly from the incarnation and the crucifixion itself.​
This brings to mind an analogy to the Jewish and Muslim disdain for the incarnation as an unthinkable (impossible?) task for God to undertake. They view the incarnation in the same way that the majority of Protestants regard the Eucharist.
For them God wouldn't or couldn't or shouldn't become a man (such a thought is blasphemous; unthinkable!). For many (not all) Protestants, God wouldn't or couldn't or shouldn't become substantially, physically, sacramentally present under the outward forms of bread and wine.​
I am a theologian...I go to Catholic churches and I go to Protestant churches.....love them both. I am a Christian and I love Christians.
As I said, I am big on the bread and wine ritual. I believe it is a miraculous event.
They have debated what all goes on there, for centuries. They have debated what the significance and purpose of it is for centuries.
You think you know what all is going on there?....I do not think so. I do not think anybody knows....or even could comprehend it.

Christ risked His ministry over it. It obviously had to happen and He explained the ramifications if it was not done. From what He said, it appears a persons journey to salvation stops if it is not done.....no life in you. The exact reasons that, that was or is a go or no go scenario? I do not know. I do think that this ritual causes more than one thing to happen....all of it miraculous.

Christ demonstrated how it was to be done and I believe that that is the way it should be done. Not with crackers and Kool-Aid and not with a manufactured Host. Sure if you are giving communion at every service to a lot of people it is more convenient, but that does not make it right and you do not have to have communion at every service. How often it needs to happen can be debated. What you believe about the Host does not make it so.

The early Christians would have a communal meal where ever they were hiding and it could happen there. Now I have participated in the bread and wine ritual and I have lead the bread and wine ritual.....I would pour wine in a pitcher and we then pass the pitcher around and everyone pours a little in a glass and then we hand out bread and each person tears a piece off. (Sometimes in small groups people would drink out of a single container.) I read the associated scriptures and everyone eats the bread and drinks the wine. Sometimes we pick a hymn to sing afterwards.

Christ said, this is my body and this is my blood....He said "is", He did not say, this symbolizes my body and blood....so I take Him at His word. What else happens we do not know.

Last edited:

theJW

Apr 15, 2023
port orange, fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is the one true Church?​

The one that worships the One, true God!
Not those that worship Three Gods. ('One', hehe)

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The early Christians would have a communal meal where ever they were hiding and it could happen there.
If the Eucharist is a mere communal meal, then the crucifixion is just a Roman execution. That's explained in the numerous links you keep ignoring. If your device doesn't play videos, text is available. Google "Scott Hahn Forth Cup"

Where were the early Christians hiding? In the Roman Catacombs, first occupied by pagans before it was Christianized.. Pagan Romans were superstitious of cemeteries so they avoided the catacombs making is safe for Christians..
google "Roman Catacombs" and/or "paleo-Christian art".

I could be mistaken, but isn't "Trinity" a banned topic in this forum? I've reported theJW for flooding as well. If nothing happens it speaks volumes about the integrity of the rules.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: theJW

theJW

Apr 15, 2023
port orange, fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Eucharist is a mere communal meal, then the crucifixion is just a Roman execution. That's explained in the numerous links you keep ignoring. If your device doesn't play videos, text is available. Google "Scott Hahn Forth Cup"

Where were the early Christians hiding? In the Roman Catacombs, first occupied by pagans before it was Christianized.. Pagan Romans were superstitious of cemeteries so they avoided the catacombs making is safe for Christians..
google "Roman Catacombs" and/or "paleo-Christian art".

I could be mistaken, but isn't "Trinity" a banned topic in this forum? I've reported theJW for flooding as well. If nothing happens it speaks volumes about the integrity of the rules.
I have NOT discussed your Three Gods.
WANT me to?