What is the proper way of praying to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Do you do this? part3 kneeling down
images.jpg
images(1).jpg
unlike the usual ways of the catholic when praying? well it's because i used to know that when you kneel down you just have to bend the knee just like how catholic teaches us

but i do wonder what he truly meant in the last covering the head and not covering the head he did said it was spiritual but did not explain further because he has no time

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you do this? part3 kneeling down unlike the usual ways of the catholic when praying? well it's because i used to know that when you kneel down you just have to bend the knee just like how catholic teaches us

but i do wonder what he truly meant in the last covering the head and not covering the head he did said it was spiritual but did not explain further because he has no time

Position is irrelevant Stred, as is timing or place. I personally do not pray on the toilet, as I consider it disrespectful. Prayer should always be sincere and respectful. It can be given even silently, as God knows our heart and thoughts. Jesus taught us how to pray, and proper things to pray for at Mat 6:9-13 and there are other examples such as the entire chapter of Jn 17.

For me prayers are not easy, especially in front of the congregation. One does not have to use a lot of words, humbleness and sincerity as well as honesty are the key.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Prayer should always be sincere and respectful.
uhh wait
Position is irrelevant
what?
didn't you just say it is disrespectful to pray in the toilet yet you say positions are irrelevant

when you put it like that i see something you do not see
i see that praying in the toilet and praying without kneeling are the same

not humbling yourself before God
it's a disrespect

but no i only said these based on what i heard from you

but when you are in military i don't think praying in the toilet is disrespectful especially when the feeling of sincerety is building inside you(just saying God knows you do not have a choice) especially when you are in a warzone

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
but muslims are doing those things right kowtowing that's what the word of God probably meant when he said do not bow down well kowtowing is bowing down and it obviously looks like you are submitting

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
uhh wait

what?
didn't you just say it is disrespectful to pray in the toilet yet you say positions are irrelevant

when you put it like that i see something you do not see
i see that praying in the toilet and praying without kneeling are the same

not humbling yourself before God
it's a disrespect

but no i only said these based on what i heard from you

but when you are in military i don't think praying in the toilet is disrespectful especially when the feeling of sincerety is building inside you(just saying God knows you do not have a choice) especially when you are in a warzone

It has been said there are no atheists in the foxhole Stred. I stated clearly that unless I am dying, I would not pray on the toilet. We believe prayer must be respectful, but position does not matter. Kneeling is fine of course, and examples such as Solomon doing praying that way are found in the Bible. I have not always been one of Jehovah's witnesses, and most faiths that I attended bow their heads during prayer as a sign of respect, which of course is appropriate as well Gen 24:26
Jesus spoke of standing when praying Mk 11:25, which means that is acceptable as well.
Neh 8:6 shows them bowing their heads and prostrating themselves.

We believe that position is irrelevant but sincerity and respect should be applied. Thanks for your comment Stred, I truly appreciate it.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our Heavenly Father is our Real Father, The Father of our soul. We should show Him respect. And He knows whether we are sincere or not. We must worship Him in spirit and in Truth according to Lord Jesus in John 4:24. So man's thinking of external physical worship exercises and repetitious prayers are all for naught, and are not of The Spirit. Just talk to Him, He's our Heavenly Father.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Our Heavenly Father is our Real Father, The Father of our soul. We should show Him respect. And He knows whether we are sincere or not. We must worship Him in spirit and in Truth according to Lord Jesus in John 4:24. So man's thinking of external physical worship exercises and repetitious prayers are all for naught, and are not of The Spirit. Just talk to Him, He's our Heavenly Father.
so baptism by water might not also required?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so baptism by water might not also required?

It is if one can do it. Lord Jesus set the example for us.

But for someone who is not able to get baptized, like on their deathbed, etc., then Jesus also has the Power to save then too, just as He did with the malefactor crucified with Him that believed.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you do this? part3 kneeling down
View attachment 19912
View attachment 19913
unlike the usual ways of the catholic when praying? well it's because i used to know that when you kneel down you just have to bend the knee just like how catholic teaches us

Paul tells us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). We should always be silently talking with, and listening to, the Lord.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The proper way to pray to God is to open your heart and just talk to him and open your ears and listen to him. No particular position, no particular time. Just approach the throne of grace with confidence.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The proper way to pray to God is to open your heart and just talk to him and open your ears and listen to him. No particular position, no particular time. Just approach the throne of grace with confidence.
ahh with confidence? won't that obstruct my humble approach and turned myself a hypocrite before God?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ahh with confidence? won't that obstruct my humble approach and turned myself a hypocrite before God?
No.

Ephesians 3:12
In him (Jesus) and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Hebrews 13:6
So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”