What is the purpose in life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Find something that you enjoy doing and excel at. You will be happier.

In the film The Martian (2015), Mark (the protagonist) sent a message to his friend:

So, um. Commander Lewis. I need you to do something for me. If I die. I need you to check on my parents. They’ll want to hear about our time on Mars firsthand. I’ll need you to do that. It won’t be easy talking to a couple about their dead son. It’s a lot to ask; that’s why I’m asking you. I’m not giving up. Just planning for every outcome. Please tell them I love what I do*. And I’m really good at it. And I’m dying for something big and beautiful. And greater than me. Tell them I said I can live with that.

Glorify God with your talents.

Bob

Sep 23, 2023
Tucson, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find something you enjoy doing and excel at? Like some shoplifters?

Help me understand “glorify God with your talents”: I have never understood what that means.

My belief at obtaining the full and abundant life: love God and love your neighbor. Demonstrate your love for God by loving your neighbor. Be sharing and caring (with compassion), kind and gentle, and embrace lifetime, monogamous marriages between men & women as the foundation for the community.

Peace and blessings.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find something that you enjoy doing and excel at. You will be happier.

In the film The Martian (2015), Mark (the protagonist) sent a message to his friend:

Glorify God with your talents.
God has this great creation called heaven. It is a paradise for those willing to love him with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves. Our purpose, I believe, would be to learn this.