What is the Right Religion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
What is the one right religion?It seems lately I have run across alot of disscussions on this subject there are a large number of opinons out there.Non-Christains always seem to ask how Christainity can be a true religion when there are so many branches of it all with a different belief. I know my answer I will tell you but first I'd like to hear how any of you would answer the question if asked.Is there one right religion?

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
Religion is man's attempt to reach God but Christianity is God's attempt to reach man. You may have heard this before, but what separated Christianity from other religions is the free gift of grace. All other religions are works based.As far as "different branches" many denoms believe in variations of the gospel, but the core of the gospel is the bible. Any thing that conflicts with the bible is not Christianity. This just scratches the surface, anybody else?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, this always sends some for a loop, but my first reply to that would be that Christianity is not a religion. Secondly, I'd say that the Truth is a complicated matter; anyone can see this is daily life. The truth is not always simple. It makes sense in two regards that there is so much out there. The Truth is huge beyond imagination, afterall, we're trying to comprehend what an ageless and omniscient God understands with our simple little minds. We're going to get it wrong...we get it wrong in science all the time, for example. However, there is also undeniably the presence of hate and malice out there.As Gibby said, that's just scratching the surface.God bestows a Grace not seen in any other religion. He tells us to "let them know we are Christians by our love" and not to go forth an conquer and subjugate. He is a personal God and a Father to us all whether we know it or not. He sent his only begotten Son - his child - to die for us. There is no greater love.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If asked I would answer the question this wayThere is One God, One Book of Gods Word and any religion based on these two beliefs isbased in truth. God has set down a set of lawsin his word (commandments)and if you live your life by themno matter your religion or even if you say you have no religionyou are following Gods lawsOf course as far as Christianity is concerned you must add the belief that Christ is theonly begotten Son of God. If you are Christian and believe these three things then what religion you are is a matter of personal choice. As Swampfox has said Christianity is a way of life not a religion.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.The answer to that question is no. If someone chooses to believe in the feel-good nonsense of Scientology, that's their choice; I'll pass on a religion invented barely a half century ago where a few powerful corporations function as the "high priests" and give out the "secrets."

Jenn4God

Nov 28, 2006
I believe christianity is not a religion, but a faith. There aren't as many branches of christianity as most think. Some religions claim to be connected to christianity when they are not. For example, the Roman Catholic Institution claims christianity when they don't even follow the Word of God. They practice idol worship and in fact worship the pope and their traditions more that Christ. They woship mary, who was a sinner just like the rest of us. Nothing Holy about her. They claim the Holy Eucharist is the actual body of Christ. They constantly try to claim christianity because of their attempt at the "One World Religion". In history, they have murdered thousands of Bible-believing christians. Do you know of any religion or faith that murders their own? Do you know any christians organizations who would back someone like Hitler or Stalin? The Roman Catholic Church did. Yet they claim christianity and try to make us all look bad. No wonder so many other religions or faiths persecute true christians! And don't get me started on the muslims! :naughty: LOL

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Dad of 3;4183)
So Scientology isn't the correct answer?
close Dad of 3 but no cigar(LOL)That's my answer sense I think you were joking if not then I choose Swampfoxes answer

snaggs

Dec 21, 2006
I do not believe in religion...religion is of the flesh..not of the spirit...it offers no salvation...that has been my answer for years.Jesus Christ is not a religion..it's a relation of realazation!!!

Carer

Oct 10, 2006
I have to say, that, sometimes, the more I see of 'Church' the more I'm inclined to agree with you snaggs. :cross:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
All religions are from men,for men,by menBelieving in God the Bible and Christ is not a religion nor does it require you to be any certain religion being a Christain is a way you choose to live your life by Gods teachings in the Bible it has little to do with religion.Religion at its skeleton form is only a group of rules made by men of how they choose to worship God these rules are then given a name.They are still made by men, can be changed by men, ect. Gods laws are for forever and can not be changed nor does he require you to belong to a group called by any name(a religion) to worship him. Therfore religion becomes a matter of personal choice wether or not you belive in the way(rules) a group chooses to worshipGod. This is why you can change religions but you can never change which God you worship.Christianity is a way of life religion a way of men.

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
(Dad of 3;4183)
So Scientology isn't the correct answer?
they do not know until they find the root of beginning the reason the said big bang occured it will remain a theory.

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
Prior to the advent of the Lord Yeshua how was a man saved? The good news declares that only when one confesses the name of Yeshua can one receive salvation. There is no need to quote what we believe is certain. So what of those who hadn't heard the name of Jesus/Yeshua? We know the Lord decended to lower parts of earth and preached to those in prision, and some suggest those in paradise. Is this where and when they confessed the name of the Lord. It is very likely.What of those in times past who died righteous, yet never heard the good news and the name of our Lord. Is it possible they were given this name from He who is the creator of our spirits? I have always believed that those who are bound in traditions where the name of their lessor god, who is in fact a creature, is spoken, they being righteous will find salvation for practicing true religion. They being faced with the truth of who is truly the almighty find sacrifices to an idol insignificant and unworthy, yet for tradition and custom sake follow in these traditions for the conscience of others. And this true religion has the mind of God and was spoken of by the LORD God in His commandments through our Lord and his disciples. It is a very simple truth and those that adhere to will indeed see the face of the Lord and not be ashamed.Love the Lord God with all you've got and treat others in the same manner as you believe God treats you. All of the Law is bound in this rule and those who follow the Golden Rule will find themselves before the throne in honor from times past to those who find Him presently and find Him in the future as well.