What is the substance of what you hope for?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope that is realized, is not hope. Hope has an end, when you’ve gained what you’ve hoped for it is no longer hope.

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭35:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the reason Jesus came is the substance of my hope, to see what’s not seen, to hear what’s not heard, and to be able to get up and walk the way I should. I know my understanding is not always perfect, so I always look for a better understanding than my own. Maybe God will open my eyes one day, and I won’t have to hope for it anymore.

upload_2020-12-25_17-27-31.jpeg

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My hope has never been to be lead around, not seeing by men with evidence. That’s a dangerous proposition. It’s my hope that His words are true and His Spirit opens my eyes to truth, no signs needed

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hope that is realized, is not hope. Hope has an end, when you’ve gained what you’ve hoped for it is no longer hope.

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭35:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the reason Jesus came is the substance of my hope, to see what’s not seen, to hear what’s not heard, and to be able to get up and walk the way I should. I know my understanding is not always perfect, so I always look for a better understanding than my own. Maybe God will open my eyes one day, and I won’t have to hope for it anymore.

View attachment 12261
Life....as is currently unknown.