You that are deaf; hear now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Isaiah 42:9 The earlier prophecies have come to pass, now I declare new things:

Isaiah 42:10-12 Sing a new song to the Lord, sing His praises throughout the world, you that sail the seas and you that inhabit the coasts and islands. Let the wilderness settlements rejoice in Kedar and Sela.

Isaiah 42:13-15 Long have I restrained Myself and kept silence, but now I cry out like a woman in labour. Now I shall lay waste to the hills and dry up the watercourses. The Lord will go forth as a warrior, He will raise the battle cry and triumph over His enemies.

Isaiah 42:16-24 You that are deaf, hear now, look you blind and see! Who is as blind as the one who has My trust, so deaf as the servant of the Lord? You have seen much but perceived little, your ears are open, but you hear nothing. I shall lead the blind along paths they do not know, making smooth the way, but those who trust in idols will be turned back in shame. It pleased the Lord to further His justice, to make His Law great. Yet, here is a people taken as spoil and plundered, all hidden away with no hope of rescue. Who will pay heed to this? Who was it that handed Israel over? Who gave up Israel for spoil? It was the Lord, against whom they sinned for they refused obedience to His Laws.

Isaiah 42 :25 So, onto Jacob He poured His wrath. The flames of God’s wrath burned him, yet still they did not take it to heart.

Isaiah 43:1-2 But now, Jacob, this is the word of the Lord, of Him who created you: When you pass through waters, I will be with you. When you walk through fire, you will not be scorched.

Isaiah 43:3-4 I am the Holy One of Israel, your Deliverer. Because I love you, I will give other peoples as ransom for your life.

Isaiah 43:5-7 Have no fear, for I am with you. I shall bring your descendants from the East and West. From the North and South and the ends of the earth, everyone who bears My name, all who I have made for My glory.

Isaiah 43:8 Lead out those who are blind – a people who have eyes, but cannot see, who have ears, but cannot hear.

Isaiah 43:9 The nations are gathered. Which of them foretold former things? Or can interpret this for us? Let them prove their case, so we can see if it is true.

Isaiah 43:10-13 You are My witnesses, says the Lord. You are My servants, chosen by Me, so that you may understand that I am God alone. I am the Lord and I alone am your Deliverer. What I do, no one can undo. Reference: Revised English Bible, some verses abridged

42:10-12 All those who love the Lord, throughout the world – get ready to praise Him for their deliverance.

42:13-15 The Lord has restrained Himself, but soon He will act in the world. Psalms 50:1-6

42:16-17 His People, righteous Christians, the Israelites of God, will be led into the Promised Land. Anyone who revolts and rebels cannot enter. Ezekiel 20:37-38

42:18-20 & 43:8 The Lord’s servants are unable to understand prophecy or foresee His plans for them. Jeremiah 4:22, Jeremiah 6:10 That is how God wants it.

42:22-25 His people, the faithful Christians, are scattered among the nations by the Lord, as punishment for the sins of their spiritual forefathers 2 Kings 23:27, Galatians 3:26-29

43:1-7 But now, when the Lord sends His vengeance and fiery wrath, the Lord will protect His faithful people. . They will be gathered into the Promised Land. Zechariah 10:8-10, Isaiah 35,, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Romans 9:24-26 The unbelievers of Israel, will not. Ezekiel 20:34-38

43:9-13 The other nations are ignorant of the Lord’s plans. The faithful Christians are His witnesses and servants chosen by Him, so they will know God and spread the Gospel of the soon to come, Kingdom of Jesus. Isaiah 66:19, 1 Peter 2:9-10

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You that are deaf; hear now​

hmmmm, its clear to me you are hearing a different piper to me and do I dare to say, a piper who believes prophecy is for the sole purpose of foretelling the future? It appears I have dared!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isaiah 42:9 The earlier prophecies have come to pass, now I declare new things:

Isaiah 42:10-12 Sing a new song to the Lord, sing His praises throughout the world, you that sail the seas and you that inhabit the coasts and islands. Let the wilderness settlements rejoice in Kedar and Sela.

Isaiah 42:13-15 Long have I restrained Myself and kept silence, but now I cry out like a woman in labour. Now I shall lay waste to the hills and dry up the watercourses. The Lord will go forth as a warrior, He will raise the battle cry and triumph over His enemies.

Isaiah 42:16-24 You that are deaf, hear now, look you blind and see! Who is as blind as the one who has My trust, so deaf as the servant of the Lord? You have seen much but perceived little, your ears are open, but you hear nothing. I shall lead the blind along paths they do not know, making smooth the way, but those who trust in idols will be turned back in shame. It pleased the Lord to further His justice, to make His Law great. Yet, here is a people taken as spoil and plundered, all hidden away with no hope of rescue. Who will pay heed to this? Who was it that handed Israel over? Who gave up Israel for spoil? It was the Lord, against whom they sinned for they refused obedience to His Laws.

Isaiah 42 :25 So, onto Jacob He poured His wrath. The flames of God’s wrath burned him, yet still they did not take it to heart.

Isaiah 43:1-2 But now, Jacob, this is the word of the Lord, of Him who created you: When you pass through waters, I will be with you. When you walk through fire, you will not be scorched.

Isaiah 43:3-4 I am the Holy One of Israel, your Deliverer. Because I love you, I will give other peoples as ransom for your life.

Isaiah 43:5-7 Have no fear, for I am with you. I shall bring your descendants from the East and West. From the North and South and the ends of the earth, everyone who bears My name, all who I have made for My glory.

Isaiah 43:8 Lead out those who are blind – a people who have eyes, but cannot see, who have ears, but cannot hear.

Isaiah 43:9 The nations are gathered. Which of them foretold former things? Or can interpret this for us? Let them prove their case, so we can see if it is true.

Isaiah 43:10-13 You are My witnesses, says the Lord. You are My servants, chosen by Me, so that you may understand that I am God alone. I am the Lord and I alone am your Deliverer. What I do, no one can undo. Reference: Revised English Bible, some verses abridged

Isaiah 42:24 Who gave up Jacob to the looter, and Israel to the plunderers? Was it not the Lord, against whom we have sinned, in whose ways they would not walk, and whose law they would not obey?

God did this! Their trials were brought on them by their God and all of this will happen again? See Zech 14:1,2; Joe 3:1-6; Deu 28:68.

First audience Keraz! - we have spoken about this!

F2F

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A prophetic standing, invoking Isaiah 42:16 - at this time.

The world is indeed deaf, but not forgotten.

Pray with me, that the deafness of the world, will become life to the young and leading!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
As Daniel 12:4 & 9-10 tell us; understanding of the Prophesies will only be given to a few and then only at the time of the end.
However; after the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath, the forthcoming world changer, THEN:
Isaiah 43:8 Bring forth this people, a people whose eyes are blind, whose ears are deaf.

Isaiah 35:4-5 Be strong, fear not; the Lord comes to save you, with His vengeance and retribution. THEN the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.

Isaiah 42:18-20 You that are deaf; hear now, you that are blind; look and see! Who is so deaf and blind as My servant, the messenger that I send, the one who has My trust?

Isaiah 29:18 On that Day, the deaf will hear and the blind will see.

Isaiah 29:24 Then the confused will gain understanding and the obstinate will take instruction.

Isaiah 32:3-4 Then those who see and hear will understand clearly, the impetuous mind will know and the stammering tongue will speak fluently and plainly.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
First audience Keraz! - we have spoken about this!
The Bible makes a clear distinction between Judah and Israel, two Israelite peoples with two different futures.
We know who Judah are and their future is told to us in over 20 prophesies.

But the Northern ten tribes were sent into captivity about 135 years before Judah was conquered by Babylon. They both must serve their punishment as God decreed. Ezekiel 4:4-6
Those periods; for Israel; 390 years and Judah 40 years, were increased X 7, as per Leviticus 26:18 for Israel and 7 X 7 for Judah. Leviticus 26:24 & 28
For the Jews - 1960 years, From the Roman conquest in 70 AD, to 2030, for their final redemption of a Jewish remnant.
For true Israel - 2730 years. Almost completed now.

We Christian people, from every tribe, race, nation and language, Revelation 5:9-10 & 7:9, ARE the first audience for the Prophesies to Israel.
The Bible is our Book. the Jews have the Torah, the Mishna and any amount of lies and perversions by their Rabbis. Jeremiah 8:8-9

Last edited:

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible makes a clear distinction between Judah and Israel, two Israelite peoples with two different futures.
We know who Judah are and their future is told to us in over 20 prophesies.

But the Northern ten tribes were sent into captivity about 135 years before Judah was conquered by Babylon. They both must serve their punishment as God decreed. Ezekiel 4:4-6
Those periods; for Israel; 390 years and Judah 40 years, were increased X 7, as per Leviticus 26:18 for Israel and 7 X 7 for Judah. Leviticus 26:24 & 28
For the Jews - 1960 years, From the Roman conquest in 70 AD, to 2030, for their final redemption of a Jewish remnant.
For true Israel - 2730 years. Almost completed now.

We Christian people, from every tribe, race, nation and language, Revelation 5:9-10 & 7:9, ARE the first audience for the Prophesies to Israel.
The Bible is our Book. the Jews have the Torah, the Mishna and any amount of lies and perversions by their Rabbis. Jeremiah 8:8-9
There is no such thing as two jewish peoples. That is a false understanding of history. The Assyrians (I assume this is where you think the 10 tribes were "lost") did not remove all of the population. At most, 20%. And a good amount of the believing 10 tribes moved south to Judah. The 10 tribes were never "lost".

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There is no such thing as two jewish peoples. That is a false understanding of history. The Assyrians (I assume this is where you think the 10 tribes were "lost") did not remove all of the population. At most, 20%. And a good amount of the believing 10 tribes moved south to Judah. The 10 tribes were never "lost".
There is the House of Judah and the House of Israel, that is how the Bible has it, in over 160 scriptures.
Today; Judah is the Jewish State of Israel and we Christians are the true Israel, by descent or spiritually. Galatians 3:26-29
WE are the people Jesus came to save - Matthew 15:24

That ALL of the population of the ten Northern tribes were taken into exile by Assyria, is proved by how they sent back a priest to educate the Samaritan people in the religion of the holy Land. 2 Kings 17:22-28

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is the House of Judah and the House of Israel, that is how the Bible has it, in over 160 scriptures.
Today; Judah is the Jewish State of Israel and we Christians are the true Israel, by descent or spiritually. Galatians 3:26-29

That ALL of the population of the ten Northern tribes were taken into exile by Assyria, is proved by how they sent back a priest to educate the Samaritan people in the religion of the holy Land. 2 Kings 17:22-28
You should probably study the history of King Hezekiah. He specifically addressed both Judah AND Israel AFTER the Assyrians supposedly carted off the population.
[2Ch 30:1 LSB] 1 And Hezekiah sent to all Israel and Judah and wrote letters also to Ephraim and Manasseh, that they should come to the house of Yahweh at Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover to Yahweh, the God of Israel.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should probably study the history of King Hezekiah. He specifically addressed both Judah AND Israel AFTER the Assyrians supposedly carted off the population.
[2Ch 30:1 LSB] 1 And Hezekiah sent to all Israel and Judah and wrote letters also to Ephraim and Manasseh, that they should come to the house of Yahweh at Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover to Yahweh, the God of Israel.
Welcome to CB forums.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

In addition, your last sentence actually proves where your view in incorrect. You state "Samaritan people". And this is historically accurate. Samaria was the capital of the northern kingdom. That is where the Assyrians beseiged for 3 years, then captured, then deported.
[2Ki 17:24 LSB] 24 And the king of Assyria brought [men] from Babylon and from Cuthah and from Avva and from Hamath and Sepharvaim, and settled [them] in the cities of Samaria in place of the sons of Israel. So they possessed Samaria and lived in its cities.

Notice it was only Samaria and the surrounding cities. Not the entire region of the northern kingdom.

Here is scholarly discussion about Assyrian records showing only about 27290 people out of an estimated more than 400000 population were deported. Along with other evidences.
The Biblical Archaeologist 1943-09: Vol 6 Iss 3 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here is scholarly discussion about Assyrian records showing only about 27290 people out of an estimated more than 400000 population were deported. Along with other evidences.
It does seem that many people did remain in Samaria, they mixed with the immigrants and became the Samaritan people who were there in Jesus' time and still are a remnant today.
But the majority, consisting of the leadership of Israel did go to live in Assyria; most in the Caucasus region. When the Assyrian Empire broke up, they migrated across Europe, as Jeremiah 31:21 tells us. Their waymarks, or dolmens are still there now.

TOBIT, an Israelite of the tribe of Naphtali
This is part of the deathbed words spoken by Tobit, who was taken into captivity by the Assyrian troops of Shalmaneser. He and his wife, Anna, were taken from the town of Thisbe, in upper Galilee, to Nineveh, the capital of Assyria.

Tobit 14:4 I know that all of Gods words will be fulfilled. It will be so, not one of them will fail. Our countrymen who live in the Land [the Jews] will all be scattered and carried off into captivity out of that good Land [the Babylonian attack] The whole of Israel’s territory with Samaria and Jerusalem will lie waste and for a time the Temple of God will be in mourning, burned and destroyed. .

Tobit 14:5 But God will have mercy on them [the House of Judah] and will bring them back to the Land. They will rebuild the Temple, yet not as it was at first, not until the time of fulfilment comes. [the Second Temple]

Then: all Israel will return from their captivity and rebuild Jerusalem in splendour; then indeed Gods House will be built in her as the prophets of Israel foretold.

Tobit 14:7 All the Israelites who are alive at that time and who are firm in their loyalty to God, will be brought together; they will come to Jerusalem to take possession of the Land of Abraham and will live there, securely for ever. Those who love God in sincerity will rejoice, sinners and wrongdoers will disappear from the earth.

Tobit 14:6 All the nations in the whole world will be converted to the true worship of God; they will renounce the idols which led them astray into error, and will praise the Eternal God in righteousness.

Tobit 14:8-9 Now, my children, I give you this command; serve God in truth and do what is pleasing to Him. Teach your children to do what is right and give alms, to be mindful of their Maker and praise Him sincerely.

Tobit died at the age of 112. His son, Tobias, escaped the destruction of Nineveh, by escaping to Ecbatana, in Media. Tobias lived for 117 years.
Reference; Revised English Bible Apocrypha.

Verse 4 Tobit prophesies that the House of Judah will also be conquered and dispersed.

Verse 5 Judah returns to the Land under Ezra and Nehemiah.

King Herod rebuilds the Temple circa 50BC, then it is destroyed again, 70AD.

The third Temple is to be built by all Israel after their return.

Verse 7 The descendants of Jacob the faithful Israelites and all who are righteous believers, will enter the Promised Land, to live in peace and prosperity.

Verse 8-9 You, who are the Lord’s people; [faithful Christians] Serve Him, do what pleases Him, instruct your children in the truth, give your time and money, think on Him and praise Him with sincerity.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It does seem that many people did remain in Samaria, they mixed with the immigrants and became the Samaritan people who were there in Jesus' time and still are a remnant today.
But the majority, consisting of the leadership of Israel did go to live in Assyria; most in the Caucasus region. When the Assyrian Empire broke up, they migrated across Europe, as Jeremiah 31:21 tells us. Their waymarks, or dolmens are still there now.

TOBIT, an Israelite of the tribe of Naphtali
This is part of the deathbed words spoken by Tobit, who was taken into captivity by the Assyrian troops of Shalmaneser. He and his wife, Anna, were taken from the town of Thisbe, in upper Galilee, to Nineveh, the capital of Assyria.

Tobit 14:4 I know that all of Gods words will be fulfilled. It will be so, not one of them will fail. Our countrymen who live in the Land [the Jews] will all be scattered and carried off into captivity out of that good Land [the Babylonian attack] The whole of Israel’s territory with Samaria and Jerusalem will lie waste and for a time the Temple of God will be in mourning, burned and destroyed. .

Tobit 14:5 But God will have mercy on them [the House of Judah] and will bring them back to the Land. They will rebuild the Temple, yet not as it was at first, not until the time of fulfilment comes. [the Second Temple]

Then: all Israel will return from their captivity and rebuild Jerusalem in splendour; then indeed Gods House will be built in her as the prophets of Israel foretold.

Tobit 14:7 All the Israelites who are alive at that time and who are firm in their loyalty to God, will be brought together; they will come to Jerusalem to take possession of the Land of Abraham and will live there, securely for ever. Those who love God in sincerity will rejoice, sinners and wrongdoers will disappear from the earth.

Tobit 14:6 All the nations in the whole world will be converted to the true worship of God; they will renounce the idols which led them astray into error, and will praise the Eternal God in righteousness.

Tobit 14:8-9 Now, my children, I give you this command; serve God in truth and do what is pleasing to Him. Teach your children to do what is right and give alms, to be mindful of their Maker and praise Him sincerely.

Tobit died at the age of 112. His son, Tobias, escaped the destruction of Nineveh, by escaping to Ecbatana, in Media. Tobias lived for 117 years.
Reference; Revised English Bible Apocrypha.

Verse 4 Tobit prophesies that the House of Judah will also be conquered and dispersed.

Verse 5 Judah returns to the Land under Ezra and Nehemiah.

King Herod rebuilds the Temple circa 50BC, then it is destroyed again, 70AD.

The third Temple is to be built by all Israel after their return.

Verse 7 The descendants of Jacob the faithful Israelites and all who are righteous believers, will enter the Promised Land, to live in peace and prosperity.

Verse 8-9 You, who are the Lord’s people; [faithful Christians] Serve Him, do what pleases Him, instruct your children in the truth, give your time and money, think on Him and praise Him with sincerity.
There is so much in this that is twisting of facts and history. I don't even know what your main point is any more.

But your statement about Jeremiah 31:21 must be addressed. There is absolutely nothing in that verse that corroborates your claim that they went to Europe. You can not use that verse to prove that.
[Jer 31:21 LSB] 21 "Set up roadmarks for yourself, Place for yourself guideposts; Set your heart to the highway, The way by which you went. Return, O virgin of Israel, Return to these your cities.

The majority did NOT leave the kingdom of Israel during the Assyrian deportation. That is why I gave the scholarly investigation of this very subject. Even the verses in the II Kings I quoted do not support your assertion.

However, with the exile of the population during the Babylonians, that is when the majority of the population was removed elsewhere. And the majority did NOT return to their homeland less than 50 years later when Cyrus allowed them to. Btw, the Babylonian exile was not 70 years as is commonly stated. The destruction of Jerusalem in 586 to the decree of Cyrus in 538 is less than 70 years

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is so much in this that is twisting of facts and history. I don't even know what your main point is any more.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided! (+ I and II!) * ← PG rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't even know what your main point is any more.
My main point is that the Christian Church is the Israel of God:
Just as the Gentile Ruth, an ancestor of Israel's Messiah: Matthew 1:5-16, could say to the Israelite Naomi: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Ruth 1:16, so Gentiles in the church have been grafted into Israel. Romans 11:17,24, Ephesians 2:12-19, Galatians 3:29

That is: all genetic Jews in the church remain members of Judah or Benjamin, the tribes they were born into. Romans 11:1 And all genetic Gentiles in the church have been grafted into Israel and so will be assigned into its tribes, as per: Ezekiel 47:21-23, Isaiah 66:21 and as seen by John in Revelation 7:9
So the entire church represents the 12 tribes of Israel. This is necessary, for all those in the church are saved by the New Covenant, which is made only with the Israel of God. Hebrews 8:10

John 10:16 refers to the "other sheep" of believers who are Gentiles being brought into "this fold" of Israel, which is the "one fold" of the church. God knows who His people are, Amos 9:9, and every believer will be placed in the tribe suited to their abilities and characteristics. Revelation 7:9-14
Also, all those in the church, no matter whether they are ethnic Jews, Acts 22:3 or ethnic Gentiles, Romans 16:4b, have become spiritually-circumcised Israelites, if they have undergone the spiritual circumcision of water-immersion (burial) baptism into Jesus. Romans 2:29, Philippians 3:3, Colossians 2:11-13

The books of James and Peter are addressed to the twelve tribes, which is the same as addressing people in the church, people with faith in Christ , James 1:3, that is: Christians, people who have been born again in Jesus and who anticipate His Return.
All those in the church, from every tribe, race, nation and language, are spiritually Abraham's seed, by their faith. Galatians 3:29 And Abraham's seed is Israel. Isaiah 41:8-10 So the entire church membership are Israelites of God. Galatians 6:16
This literally means we are the ‘Overcomers for God’, or ‘God’s Victorious people’. Seen in each of the seven Church’s of Revelation and in Isaiah 56:1-8

Not just the Jews in the church, but also the Gentiles in the church, are all spiritually Abraham's seed of promise as Isaac was and as Jesus is the one and only true Seed. And so the peoples of the church, Jews and those from every race, nation and language, every faithful believing Christian is an heir of all the as yet, unfulfilled promises made by God to Israel in all of the Bible: Romans 8:16-18, Ephesians 1:11-14
Zechariah 8:7-8 The Lord says: I am going to rescue My people from wherever they are in the world and I will bring them back into the holy Land, to Jerusalem. They will be My people and I shall be their God in truth and righteousness.

The Prophesies are clear; it is a people that God foreknew whom He will rescue, redeem, restore and forgive their sins and misdeeds. No other than the Northern tribes of the House of Israel, scattered among the nations and ‘lost’ to our knowledge, but not to God. Amos 9:9 Now; they are the bulk of the faithful Christian peoples.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see. Well, I am open to hearing alternative view points if they have verifiable historical facts and if they match with the entirety of Biblical message and purpose. However, the view presented does no such thing. I've countered with a few very simple and basic facts which don't support the assertion. That's where I'll leave it.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I see. Well, I am open to hearing alternative view points if they have verifiable historical facts and if they match with the entirety of Biblical message and purpose. However, the view presented does no such thing. I've countered with a few very simple and basic facts which don't support the assertion. That's where I'll leave it.
There are verifiable historical facts that the ten Northern tribes of the House of Israel migrated around the world. They remain scattered among the nations and are as many as the sands of the seas. As the Bible Prophesies.
They migrated from the Caucasus region, they are anthropologically identified as Caucasians. But their real identification, is the Christian peoples, now in every tribe, race, nation and language. Jesus came to save us: Matthew 15:24 He was successful!