Gentiles given truth & worshipping on the Sabbath foretold.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When Jesus customarily went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, he didn't go as a Jew, on behalf of the Jewish nation, but as the Son of man, as the second Adam, representing the entire race to God. Here is Jesus at Nazareth...
Luke 4:14-21
14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

This particular Sabbath Day, Jesus declared Himself to be, the long awaited for Messiah to Israel according to the prophecies in Isaiah. But the prophecies also show that He would give the light to the Gentiles as well.

Acts 13:42-44
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Many see that the verses in Acts 13:42-44 confirm the truth, that Gentiles after their conversion to Christ, kept the Seventh Day holy. But many take for granted the surrounding verses referenced from the prophecies of Isaiah to show that it was foretold of the Gentiles worshipping on the Sabbath after Messiah had brought His Salvation. This event was in fulfillment of many Old Testament prophecies, for example:

Isaiah 49:6-9
6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
7 Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.
8 Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.

Clearly, Jesus desired His gospel to go out to all nations, including Gentiles, because both Jews and Greeks are non-existent in Christ.

Ephesians 2:11-22
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets look even closer at what Jesus was reading about..

Luke 4:15-21
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

We see it was this in Isaiah..

Isaiah 61:1-3
1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

You see that this is what Jesus quoted in Luke 4:16 on the Sabbath, proclaiming Himself as the Messiah. Notice the reference to the opening of the prison, it was not just to the Jews. The deliverance to the captives, and liberty to them that are bruised was to be preached to the Gentiles not to just Jews but all those captive and bound by sin. These Messianic verses clearly point to the fact that Jesus came to benefit the Gentiles as well as Jews, but that He would rule them as their God, and they as His people, obedient to His law.

We see even more in Isaiah...

Isaiah 56:1-7
1 Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
4 For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

We see that it not just the Jews but "for all people", and Christ confirms this even in the NT..

Mark 11:17
And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath was made for mankind, for Gentile as well as Jews or Israelites. God Himself made His Sabbath binding as long as He exists. So how long is that, its forever It is binding forever, and "Forever" has not ended.

Jews and Israelite Christians, knew they were bound to keep God's holy Sabbath as we see in the Bible. But what about Gentiles, who are grafted in. The Gentiles become Christians through Christ, the same as Israelites.
Ephesians 2:11-13
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

They become Israelites, spiritually, when they receive God's Holy Spirit and become truly converted Christians.
God does not have one way for Jew and one for Gentile. He does not have one day for Jew and another for Gentile, Christ is not divided into differences for the race of one or the race of the other.
Galatians 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

God is no respecter of persons as man tends towards..
Acts 10:34
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

We are all one in Christ, and grafted to the same tree, as children of God..

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When Jesus customarily went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, he didn't go as a Jew, on behalf of the Jewish nation, but as the Son of man, as the second Adam, representing the entire race to God. Here is Jesus at Nazareth...
Luke 4:14-21
14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.
20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

This particular Sabbath Day, Jesus declared Himself to be, the long awaited for Messiah to Israel according to the prophecies in Isaiah. But the prophecies also show that He would give the light to the Gentiles as well.

Acts 13:42-44
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Many see that the verses in Acts 13:42-44 confirm the truth, that Gentiles after their conversion to Christ, kept the Seventh Day holy. But many take for granted the surrounding verses referenced from the prophecies of Isaiah to show that it was foretold of the Gentiles worshipping on the Sabbath after Messiah had brought His Salvation. This event was in fulfillment of many Old Testament prophecies, for example:

Isaiah 49:6-9
6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
7 Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.
8 Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.

Clearly, Jesus desired His gospel to go out to all nations, including Gentiles, because both Jews and Greeks are non-existent in Christ.

Ephesians 2:11-22
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
I think it a curious thing that there are Christian groups that will claim Christmas,Easter, Halloween,are of pagan origin and Satanic.

Yet, those same groups will gather in worship on the Roman pagans day of the sun, Saturnalia. While insisting that Sabbath day God created for us, is no longer relevant. Or,is a Jewish practice only.

Every day is a day of worship. God made one day where we can take our rest from our labors,as he did.

I can't see how a day made for us by God has an expiration date. Especially not when the Apostles honored the Sabbath after Christ departed.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it a curious thing that there are Christian groups that will claim Christmas,Easter, Halloween,are of pagan origin and Satanic.

Yet, those same groups will gather in worship on the Roman pagans day of the sun, Saturnalia. While insisting that Sabbath day God created for us, is no longer relevant. Or,is a Jewish practice only.

Every day is a day of worship. God made one day where we can take our rest from our labors,as he did.

I can't see how a day made for us by God has an expiration date. Especially not when the Apostles honored the Sabbath after Christ departed.
God only blessed and sanctified one day at Creation, way before any Roman showed up on the scene, and no Apostles honored Sunday as the Sabbath after Christ departed, it just didnt happen..

Genesis 2:3
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

sanc·ti·fy
verb
past tense: sanctified; past participle: sanctified
  1. set apart as or declare holy; consecrate.
consecrate make holy make sacred bless hallow set apart

make legitimate or binding by religious sanction.

free from sin; purify.

You can check and you will find that Bible scholars are in agreement, whether the are Jewish, Catholic or Protestant. They recognize that the seventh day of the week was the Sabbath and it is Saturday. God didn’t change the Sabbath, and neither did the apostles or early church. Nowhere in the Bible was the Sabbath day changed to Sunday and you can see the meeting at Jerusalem long after the resurrection and not a word of any change of the Sabbath day.

Acts 15:2
When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

And in fact the Gentiles came to hear Paul who scripture shows continued to faithfully observe the Sabbath..

Acts 13:44

Acts 17:2
And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Acts 18:4
And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God only blessed and sanctified one day at Creation, way before any Roman showed up on the scene, and no Apostles honored Sunday as the Sabbath after Christ departed, it just didnt happen..

Genesis 2:3
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

sanc·ti·fy
verb
past tense: sanctified; past participle: sanctified
  1. set apart as or declare holy; consecrate.
consecrate make holy make sacred bless hallow set apart

make legitimate or binding by religious sanction.

free from sin; purify.

You can check and you will find that Bible scholars are in agreement, whether the are Jewish, Catholic or Protestant. They recognize that the seventh day of the week was the Sabbath and it is Saturday. God didn’t change the Sabbath, and neither did the apostles or early church. Nowhere in the Bible was the Sabbath day changed to Sunday and you can see the meeting at Jerusalem long after the resurrection and not a word of any change of the Sabbath day.

Acts 15:2
When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

And in fact the Gentiles came to hear Paul who scripture shows continued to faithfully observe the Sabbath..

Acts 17:2
And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Acts 18:4
And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
Well done. :woohoo!:

There is no Greek or Jew, female or male,we are all one in Christ.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God only blessed and sanctified one day at Creation, way before any Roman showed up on the scene, and no Apostles honored Sunday as the Sabbath after Christ departed, it just didnt happen.
You were doing so well until the above.
You can check and you will find that Bible scholars are in agreement, whether the are Jewish, Catholic or Protestant. They recognize that the seventh day of the week was the Sabbath and it is Saturday. God didn’t change the Sabbath, and neither did the apostles or early church. Nowhere in the Bible was the Sabbath day changed to Sunday and you can see the meeting at Jerusalem long after the resurrection and not a word of any change of the Sabbath day
Bible scholars are not always correct, nor any denomination. We can't see it in our English Bibles but God did change the Sabbath from the seventh day to the first day of the week
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
The word "next" means "in-between" i.e. "in-between sabbaths" has to be the first day of the week, as we read in 1 Corinthians 16:1-2:

1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
2 Upon the first [day] of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as [God] hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Concerning your first paragraph above.

I beg to differ. As I've already asserted God did change the Seventh Day Sabbath to the first day of the week. We read in Matthew 28:1,

"In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first [day] of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre."

Note* The word "sabbath" is the Hebrew plural word (sabbaton). The word "day" is italicized to mean it is NOT in the original manuscript. The word "week" is the same Hebrew word "sabbaton " Go ahead check me out.

Therefore, we can render Matthew 28:1 to read thus:

"In the end of the sabbaths, as it began to dawn toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre."

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited: