What is your favorite hobby?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus Freak

Apr 30, 2014
Out of all the things you like to do for hobbies, what is your favorite? Mine is listening to music. My list goes from Alan Jackson-Lady Gaga and everything in between.

I do like Miley Cyrus. And Lady Gaga. I do not emulate the lyrics. I just listen to the beats. And I like rap music too. That doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

Now your turn. What hobby is your favorite? I want it to be other than music. I want to see what different kinds of hobbies we have from our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Fishing...

Your subconscious picks up on the evils laced in that music. I could tell you about some things that would blow your mind.

I can put you on to some good Christian music. I love music also. I have a good ear for it. Only the best for me. People think you have to downgrade music-wise when your Christian. Uh-uh...Ours is better than the secular world....

Sorry for getting off topic...

I like fishing tho. Very relaxing.

Jesus Freak

Apr 30, 2014
I like what I like. I used to give my CDs away all the time, but not anymore. It's not me. I was about to give my Celine Dion CDs away to a friend, but I would have regretted it later down the line. So, no more will I give my music away.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Jesus Freak said:
I like what I like. I used to give my CDs away all the time, but not anymore. It's not me. I was about to give my Celine Dion CDs away to a friend, but I would have regretted it later down the line. So, no more will I give my music away.
Keep yours...Just giving you some ups...But if your ever interested let me know. I have some artists you might like even better. Might... I had to get weaned off of certain worldly artists myself.. I feel you though. Blessings

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hmmm...I don't seem to have much time for hobbies now days but I guess my favorite hobby would be learning about extreme wilderness survival skills hosted by UK television personality Ray Mears. He travels to around the world to demonstrate and share some amazing accounts of survival in some of the most harshest and extreme places in the world. I also like playing musical instruments and writing songs :)

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Jesus Freak said:
Out of all the things you like to do for hobbies, what is your favorite? Mine is listening to music. My list goes from Alan Jackson-Lady Gaga and everything in between.

I do like Miley Cyrus. And Lady Gaga. I do not emulate the lyrics. I just listen to the beats. And I like rap music too. That doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

Now your turn. What hobby is your favorite? I want it to be other than music. I want to see what different kinds of hobbies we have from our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Hello Jesus Freak. :) I also enjoy listening to music, especially 80's music, as a hobby. Thank God for youtube, I could not afford to buy all those I like !
I also enjoy reading autobiographies. Not bios, they have to be auto. I also like to rent comedy movies and watch stand up comedy on youtube. Last one I saw last night was Brian Regan. Laughed my lips off!! And it is hard to get me to laugh like that. If anyone is interested, on youtube type "Brian Regan - Very Funny Stand Up Comedy Enjoy." (That's what the person who posted it titled it. :) ) You will not regret it.

But Jesus Freak, I must say I am concerned with the choice of people you listen to. (I will not call them artists. :rolleyes: :) ) Especially Miley Cyrus. Her craft (that's what I'll call it :lol: ), is very sexualized and hedonistic. Even if you choose to ignore the lyrics there is a spirit which is not that of God that permeates the whole experience. She glorifies sex, drug usage, vanity, and self-centeredness. This will enter into your spirit JF. We are not to open the door and invite that kind of stuff in. It happens oh so slowly.

Type this song in youtube. It's one of my favorites, and has to do with just what you are going through at the moment. Please ?? :)

Slow Fade by Casting Crowns lyrics

Then watch the official video if you desire, but I think it more important that you hear what it is saying.

God Bless, and fun thread. :)

laid renard ~

PS,

Please Please.

PPS,

Please Please Please.

PPPS,

Please Please Please Please.

PPPPS,

Please Please Please Please Please.

PPPPPS ,

Please Please Please Please Please Please.

PPPPPPS,

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please.

PPPPPPPS,

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please.

I can go on.......

Angelina said:
Hmmm...I don't seem to have much time for hobbies now days but I guess my favorite hobby would be learning about extreme wilderness survival skills hosted by UK television personality Ray Mears. He travels to around the world to demonstrate and share some amazing accounts of survival in some of the most harshest and extreme places in the world. I also like playing musical instruments and writing songs :)
Have you ever hollowed out a carcass and climbed inside for warmth ? Mmmmm...... Cozy. :)

Reactions: Born_Again

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm pretty good at butchering but only for portioning out various cuts for the freezer... ^_^ Oh... I also like surf casting [when I can get the time]...

Reactions: Thunderkat

Jesus Freak

Apr 30, 2014
Laid Reynard: I listened to the song and I totally agree with it. You should not listen to the bad stuff ever. But at the same time , you should make your own decision as to what you think is good/not good. And I'm the type of person that DOESN'T go out and emulate what the lyrics are saying. If they say go out and kill, will I? No way. I'm better than that.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Jesus Freak said:
Laid Reynard: I listened to the song and I totally agree with it. You should not listen to the bad stuff ever. But at the same time , you should make your own decision as to what you think is good/not good. And I'm the type of person that DOESN'T go out and emulate what the lyrics are saying. If they say go out and kill, will I? No way. I'm better than that.
Hi JF. :) Don't worry, I'm not a nag. And it is each individual's decision. ;)

Angelina said:
I'm pretty good at butchering but only for portioning out various cuts for the freezer... ^_^ Oh... I also like surf casting [when I can get the time]...
:huh:

*laid renard pictures Angelina casting a fishing rod while on a surfboard hanging ten* B) Kawabunga !

Sorry you lost me dude. :lol:

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Powerlifting (Squat in particular)

I squat 474 lb
trying to work my way to 77l lb

All strength comes from God.

Reactions: Thunderkat

ironmonk

May 23, 2014
Jesus Freak said:

I think my main hobby is meditating on anything and everything, thats first. Under that theres music, xbox, science, sci-fi, cartoons, 3d animation, thats all I can think of now.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Collecting guns and ammo............Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Well..that's really not my hobby.........lets see..........Oh yes....got it....
I love to hunt for gold with my Minelab detector...and also drywash for gold.........heck what ever it takes to find gold..

Anybody in here have a gold fillin?..............Hmmmmmmm, I wouldn't go to sleep....if ya get my drift :)

Reactions: Renniks

VeganBuddhist

Jun 18, 2014
When I got home from Afghanistan I had a lot of stress, I found that cooking and lock-picker were amazing focus tools.

Lock-picking forced me to focus on a task, and shut out everything else.

Cooking made me fat but made me feel like I could do good again.

Thunderkat

Sep 3, 2014
Virginia Beach
Shooting guns, collecting guns, cleaning guns, and my reef aquarium. Just recently found some toads and a frog hopping around outside and have been feeding them crickets and worms for the last few months. Really enjoy watching them.

adventurernumber1

Oct 2, 2014
I can't say I have a very specific ACTIVITY that is my favorite but I have a large interest in roads which generates my hobby, and enjoy doing things like riding on roads (it'll be driving when I get my license :D ), making driving simulators and playing others on Roblox.com, posting and reading posts on AARoads Forum (a road forum), drawing road maps, doing street-view on Google Maps, etc. Basically, I really like roads, lol. There really aren't a lot of people out there with my interest, but I am proud to be who God made me. He gave me an interest in roads, and it will very well benefit me in life for things like easily navigating myself across the country (in other words, when I start driving, I'll almost never get lost, and I am very familiar with the rules of the road and all that), and I can help other people navigate. But anyways, some interesting hobbies on here! God bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to write. It frees the mind, especially when I'm angry. Get it out of my head and onto the paper.... I've written entire books but I'm shy or critical to attempt to get them published... Oh, and renard... Slow fade is an epic song!!!! The video makes me cry, especially at the end, with his daughter asking him to stay....... Fountains of tears my friend. My I suggest Proof of Your Love by for King and Country!!! I cry to that one too..... I'm weak.... Ha Ha Ha!! ;) But yea, writing is my hobby...... and yes, our music is better!!!! By Far!!!!

kbrenton

Dec 13, 2014
Delaware
Hi

I have five kids and do not have much time for hobbies ( unless I quit doing things like the dishes or laundry) and really that would be okay with me, if I would not run out of things to wear so fast. With that said I have simply chosen to stick with horrifying my children. You know like when you drop them off at school ( High School) yell from the car " mommy loves you!" How much fun is that: it sort of makes up for all the times you tell them to do something and they don't do it because they say they did not hear you. I only have time for the hobby of humiliating my children in public. I am going for mother of the year too!!! Lol but I do like to listen to music while I do it. I have also told them that if they write a mommy dearest book I expect to get half of the profits, I mean I was the one doing all the evil stuff, it is only fair I get half. It is amazing any of them even speak to me! LOL But yes that is my only hobby, poor poor me.

God Bless, Kim

Blake Bailey

Jan 5, 2015
WV, USA
I just got myself a .com and started my own blog. I also play Minecraft when I have time, I love the creative aspect of it. I work a lot these days and don't get a whole lot of down time... church, work, PS4 Minecraft, run errands, repeat. I've got conviction on me to start working out and building up this temple of mine but I am lazy and suppressing it... say a little prayer for me in this regard.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hobbies...well after God, family, school, and work...

Playing guitar and singing (mostly for the Lord, occasionally I will do some secular stuff). RC car freestyle fun (nitro). Spending time on this forum. Reading...Thats about all I have time for hobby wise! B)