What No Futurist Believes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hitch

May 7, 2011
PeoplesRepublikofOregon
Christ Jesus is not reigning on earth yet. He is reigning over His Church on earth, but that's not the same thing as what God's Word declares there 1 Cor.15 about literally reigning over all His enemies until they be made His footstool. That reign is still yet to come. Because you refuse to believe His Word, you will have someone else instead of Christ to reign over you in our near future.
LOl Thats as scary as your pretend prophet rebukes. You're a lying blowhard.

Its idiotic to think Chirst can ever be more of the King than he is today , seated as He is at God's right hand .and that he has any interest in entering time again and setting up a geo-political kingdom . Paul in Apostolic miter defined the kingdom ,perfectly

But why dont you tell us what you mean by 'near future' ?

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Hitch.

Scriptures please. Upon what do you base your conclusions?

Actually, it's hard for me to believe that the Messiah CAN'T be more of a King than He is today! As I've said before, if Yeshua` the Messiah is currently "reigning," then He is the most ineffective and impotent King there has ever been! (And that includes the "reigning over His Church on earth," veteran.)

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
[sup]Daniel 7;[/sup]
[sup]11 [/sup]“Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. [sup]12 [/sup](The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.
[sup]13 [/sup]“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[sup][a][/sup] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. [sup]14 [/sup]He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The beast has not been given to the fire as yet
and the Son of man has not recieved that kingdom which was promised to him yet.

The land which was promised to the seed of Abraham is still the same kingdom.Today it is governed by the beast.After the beast is destroyed then the Son of man recieves the kingdom wich was promised to him.

Galatians 3;16
The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Its idiotic to think Chirst can ever be more of the King than he is today , seated as He is at God's right hand .and that he has any interest in entering time again and setting up a geo-political kingdom . Paul in Apostolic miter defined the kingdom ,perfectly

That statement hitch has made actually mocks God's Word, simply because The Father and The Son have emphatically declared His reign on this earth over all His enemies with "a rod of iron".

Two very important interconnected Scripture examples of Christ's future reign upon Mount Zion on earth...

Isa 2:2
2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
(KJV)

Ps 2:6-9
6 Yet have I set My king upon My holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
(KJV)

Rev 14:1
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with Him an hundred forty and four thousand, having His Father's name written in their foreheads.
(KJV)

In both examples, that's about Christ's future reign in Jerusalem on this earth, ruling here, literally, over all nations.

That is what hitch has mocked.