What Old testment book

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Darren13

Dec 20, 2007
Should i read ive read some of the new but i just wanted some suggestions on what OT book i should read so if you could give me some that would be cool thank you

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(Darren13;27733)
Should i read ive read some of the new but i just wanted some suggestions on what OT book i should read so if you could give me some that would be cool thank you
I would suggest you read Genesis & Exodus. They tell of the Creation, and then how God chose the Jews and despite their disobedience, and constant whining, God remained faithful to them and always gave them lots of chances over & over again. Because God doesn't change, it becomes a good lesson for us - despite our faults, God loves us very much and is quick to forgive. Then I would suggest you read the Psalms. They are beautiful. God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
The Old Testament compliment the New Testament, and the New Testament compliment the Old Testament.We should gain as much knowledge of the Word of God before Satan comes back.Old Tetsament concealed the New Testament and the New Testament revealed the Old Testament.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Darren13

Dec 20, 2007
so what should i read jag new or old or both and if both can you suggest some for me im a new christian and dont really know what to read i mean i read Matthew pretty much and a couple others NT books but i need to know ALOT more

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Both, but since you are new. I prefer to start reading the New Testament side first.
smile.gif
JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Darren13

Dec 20, 2007
okay cool thank you i just wanted to know cause thats what i have been doing but thank you again

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The NT is the fulfillment of the OT.The NT is in the OT.
2pet 3This is now, beloved, the second letter I am writing to you in which I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, 2 that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles.

luke 24Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, -( OT )46 and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ[19][I.e. Messiah] would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 "You are witnesses of these things
Hebrews and matthew always refer to the OT and its good to have 2 bibles so you can reference it in the OT , and get a headstart this way into reading that part of the bible.When reading Revelation, you will find numerous refs to the OT, especially Daniel and Ezekiel.

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;27738)
I would suggest you read Genesis & Exodus. They tell of the Creation, and then how God chose the Jews and despite their disobedience, and constant whining, God remained faithful to them and always gave them lots of chances over & over again. Because God doesn't change, it becomes a good lesson for us - despite our faults, God loves us very much and is quick to forgive. Then I would suggest you read the Psalms. They are beautiful. God Bless!
Ditto. After reading the NT, I'd recommend the above books to start off the OT.

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
Hi Darren13,I recommend that you read the Psalms and the Book of Proverbs as a good start to the reading of the Old Testament. waynemlj

zadzial

Mar 23, 2008
Hi Darren13,As a new Christian, reading the Bible can be daunting sometimes. When I became a Christian I mainly stuck to reading the New Testament. I loved reading Johns gospel and Paul's letters (especially Philippians and Ephesians). When I read the Old Testament and understood how Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament I was amazed. I agree that Genesis and Exodus and then the Psalms are a good place to start in the OT. Do you have someone to help you understand it? It can be hard going in places and it is always good to talk about it with someone.