What should be the Christian's Response to the Homosexual?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charleychacko

Jul 27, 2006
Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that we cannot love him (or her) or pray for him (her). Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin, it needs to be dealt with in the only way possible. It needs to be laid at the cross, repented of, and never done again. As a Christian, you should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same you would any other person in sin. The homosexual is still made in the image of God -- even though he is in grave sin. Therefore, you should show him same dignity as anyone else you come in contact with. However, this does not mean that you are to approve of their sin. Don't compromise your witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of godliness.

Lyte

Jul 12, 2006
What an excellent post! :cool: It really pains me to listen to some "Christians" when it comes to this particular issue. It’s like they loose their minds! Consider how Jesus addressed the adulteress about to be stoned! Even though he said to her "sin no more," he didn't stand over her condemning her like the rest of the crowd. In fact, he chastised the crowd! Whoa! He protected her from those who were judging her, condemning her and about to execute her. What a lesson for all of us to learn. :amen: Lyte

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. This is what I've been trying to tell everyone when we get into a religious discussion about gays and homosexuality. There's no real issue seeing where the Bible stands on the matter; it's wrong. Anyone who debates this is not a scholar of the Bible. I don't think it could be anymore obvious.That being said, Christians are commanded to love. We must recognize that we are not perfect either and leave the judging up to God. That doesn't mean that we have to whole-heartedly support what they do because I will never do that based on what the Bible again clearly teaches. You cannot hate them and it's wrong to do so. Jesus didn't hate the sinners all around him, he did what he could to lead them down the path to God and loved them. Look at what he was able to do. We're not Jesus, of course, but we can work after his wonderful example.This doesn't mean that you're going to be liked by all sides. I'm constantly demonized as a bigot by many homosexuals and their supporters on the internet when I state my position. It seems you must support them 100% and endorse the lifestyle in order to win most of them over. On the other hand, you have the other side that preaches you must hate them and shun them. Again, I go back to the teachings of Jesus. We don't have to agree with them and shouldn't for that matter. However, that doesn't mean we still can't be Christians and witness to them. Who knows what could happen from that point?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

tyson

Aug 12, 2006
The American Church is going to have to grow up real fast on this issue, I do believe. It does get very complicated, though. While any sin can seperate us from God, from a human perspective some sins are more damaging on Earth than others. We need to understand how to most effectively and scripturally minister to homosexuals, and I, for one, do not have many answers.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

Greatest I Am

Jan 7, 2007
I have linked these two together to try to figure out what Jesus would say in light of todays conditions in termsof non descrimination.Hate the sin and love the sinner comes to mind.He who is without sin cast the first stone.My own thinking says that I cannot know if all soals are either male or female. Perhaps at death we become sexless. We are never told.We do know that God is perfect. His eorks are by force perfect.All humans, are by that standard, perfect.What do we do about gays and lesbians. Help them and ourselves selebrate life. Anything else is probably evil.RegardsDL

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
If Lucifer was created with flesh he would be a homosexual. Lucifer is the father of lies, and a homosexual lives a lie. Those bound in this sin are likened to the thief or drunk who teaches another their crime, encourages it and praises those who indulge in it. Although some who sodomize are attracted to those their age, most are molested as children and do the same to propagate their deception.Now as to loving them, of course we are commanded to treat them in the same manner we wish to be treated of our Father, but must never condone their behavior, or accept it. Furthermore, those who consider themselves brethren who engage in this sin, as with other sins such as whoremongering, adultery, drunkenness, etc., we are commanded to have no fellowship with them.When the adulterer was saved of our Lord from the stones of the hypocrites, we must recall those who wished to throw the stones were attempting to entrap our Lord with his consideration of her, and after his proclamation that we are all in sin and should not condemn before we ourselves repent, the result of this episode was the woman received forgiveness and was commanded to not do this thing again and follow Him. This was the lesson to be learned, and was meant as a lesson of righteous judgement.

LittleSister

Aug 22, 2006
Our response should be the same that Jesus’ was, Love the person, but hate the evil they do. God has assigned us as watchmen, and if we do not warn them, then their blood is on our hands. By the way, everything that is not from God is a demonic spirit, and it needs to be cast out. That also is our responsibility and if we choose not to educate ourselves on the subject then we will stand before God without excuse.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(Lyte;2044)
What an excellent post! :cool: It really pains me to listen to some "Christians" when it comes to this particular issue. It’s like they loose their minds! Consider how Jesus addressed the adulteress about to be stoned! Even though he said to her "sin no more," he didn't stand over her condemning her like the rest of the crowd. In fact, he chastised the crowd! Whoa! He protected her from those who were judging her, condemning her and about to execute her. What a lesson for all of us to learn. :amen: Lyte
amen lyte:)

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
" Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. " 1 Corinthians 6:9-10It's a sin.The problem for society is when homosexuals recruit and lead others to sin.Recruiting children, teenagers and those down on their luck and with political correctness falsely saying it is okay.Jesus said that offenses would come but woe to those they would come by. It would be better if a millstone was put around their neck and they were drowned in the ocean. It appears to me that this sin of practicing and recruiting homosexuality is a more serious sin then stealing a loaf of bread because one's family is hungry.

Reactions: Candidus

doubtingthomas

Jan 5, 2007
Sin or not it is their choice and no one should discriminate against another individual regardless of race, sex, religion, or sexual orientation, especially in a free society.

Reactions: Will Joseph

doubtingthomas

Jan 5, 2007
The same way that blacks were descriminated against pre-seventies, ie not allowed in certain establishments, not being served, forced separation.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Problem is, such things as marriage are not a natural born right. Marriage is a privilege from the state and not a natural born right. When we all came into the world, we were not automatically given the right to marry. Homosexuality will be the final downfall of marriage because it will fully return us to the days of Noah. It will come and the thing is if two men or two women can marry, what about three men and two women, or a man and a goat? There's no reason to deny one because each is as absurd as the last.God loves everyone; he doesn't always love what you do, but he desires all to come to know him. He knows who will look to Him and who won't. Because of this, what lastsecman said holds partially true; one should eschew committed evil where possible. However, that doesn't mean that you have to or should hate the person. You can show them love without condoning them.

doubtingthomas

Jan 5, 2007
(SwampFox;6205)
Problem is, such things as marriage are not a natural born right. Marriage is a privilege from the state and not a natural born right.
That is true, marriage is a privilege from the state. Civil union can also be a privilege from the state that gives some legal rights onto any couple. We, living in the United States, live in a free society of many different beliefs and religions; hindu, buddhist, sikh, muslim, agnostic, atheist, etc. It is our responsibility to respect everyones beliefs or we run the risk of being restricted in our own. If we limit the rights of others based upon our religious beliefs, we are no better than the islamic states, such as saudi arabia and iran.US ConstitutionAmendment ICongress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;Amendment XIVNo State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States;*amendments edited for length; you can find the full constitution at usconstitution.net/const.html#Am1

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(doubtingthomas;6166)
The same way that blacks were descriminated against pre-seventies, ie not allowed in certain establishments, not being served, forced separation.
God created male and female ( the races ) on the 6th day and said all was good.He did not create homosexuals and say it was good.Being an active homosexual and recruiting others into homosexual activity is a choice and that choice is condemned by our Creator.If the politically correct cared so much about discrimination; they wouldn't discriminate against the majority which are Christians in this country.

doubtingthomas

Jan 5, 2007
How is allowing other citizens to live their lives freely discriminating? Christianity says that homosexuality is a sin but not all religions do. The majority in the 1700's were for slavery, the majority in the 1800's were against women's rights, the majority in the early and mid 1900's was against equal rights for blacks; that doesn't make any of these acceptible and neither should bigotry of homosexuals, whether religious or otherwise. Remember, as citizens they have the same rights as you. There was an old analogy; you can swing your arm as much as you want, unless someone is in the way. Also, no one can recruit someone into homosexuality, that is ridiculous. You either are homosexual or you are not. If you think that you could be recruited into being a homosexual, I would do some serious soul searching. I myself could never engage in sexual behaviour with another male. I have spoken to homosexuals who have said the same thing about women. Attraction is not something you can turn on and off at will. As a citizen, you have to respect others; regardless of their race, creed or sexual orientation. Remember what happens when freedom is taken away. The jews were not the only ones in concentration camps in nazi germany, they were joined by homosexuals.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Skin color is something that cannot be denied and something that does not need to be proven; you can see it for yourself. There is still much debate and discussion upon what is at the cause of homosexuality and it's not a proven biological condition despite all the fervent attempts to prove it as such. In today's definition of PC, it's blurring the lines, but you draw a line somewhere. Conversely to what you said, just because you want to do it does not make it legal.As I have said before if a woman can marry a woman and a man a man, then marriage no longer means a thing because we have no right to block anyone marrying anything for reasons as shallow as tax purposes. This ties into the 14th Amendment and it's intended purpose.Another problem I see here is that you bring up the concentration camps. We're not talking about concentration camps here and no one certainly is advocating that all homosexuals be put in one. That's what gets me about the logic behind it all. People who are against gay marriage for both religious and secular reasons are extreme when they point out what it could conceivably lead to, but it's fine to liken the extreme of not allowing gays to marriage to running concentration camps.

doubtingthomas

Jan 5, 2007
Swampfox,You miss my point. By pointing out concentration camps I was responding ros777's statement about the majority. This government was not conceived to protect the rights of the majority, it was concieved to protect the rights of the minority. It is not our job to tell others how to live, just as it is not theirs to tell us. An example of a religious state that protects the rights of the majority is Saudi Arabia. Here rape victims are whipped, theives are punished with amputations, whippings and beatings, and other criminals are beheaded. It is a punishible crime to walk around with a bible or torah. It is also a crime to attend a christian church. I fear that intolerance is leading the US that way (meaning a nation of intolerance and possibly violence).