What should be the Christian's Response to the Homosexual?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
(jessioverbey;6289)
i can not judge, because i have relatives that are homosexuals. and it would be wrong of me to judge. my father is a minister, and it's only been here recently that i was able to get him away from the judgement he casts on others. i say who are we to judge? ok so those of us like or love someone of the other gender, and we're happy. so, if a male should decide he wants to be liked or loved, but by another male, should he suffer and be unhappy, or should he be able to be happy as we are with the ones we love? should he live in misery, because "we" say it's wrong, therefore he won't date at all, get married at all, because it's wrong to us, that he loves the way he does, but he doesn't like the way we love, so he stays single all his life because he would be miserable both ways? i have someone i care for that is of the opposite gender whom i am really fond of, so i'll be happy and i am happy, so i think that if a male were to have someone that he is fond of, he should be not condemned, but yes prayed for, but he is happy and that's what the world is supposed to be about happiness. GOD doesn't want his world to be that judging. maybe i'm wrong, and so, if i am, that's ok. i'm free to feel the way i do. like i said, i can not judge for two reasons. i have loved ones of the kind and two,it's not mine to judge. so i will leave well enough alone and love them just as GOD loves me. thanks, jessica
That is an excellent view.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Every one agrees you should love them but that does not stop you from hating the sin. Wether you like it or not or understand it or not God says it is a sin.You seem to be confusing loving someone with loving what they do. Many of us love sinners, as we are supposed to, but that doesn't mean we are to love and accept what they do.

macncheesy

Mar 11, 2007
I would like to point out that people are born homosexual, and question why it's a sin to be how god created you.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Less than a few decades it was listed as a 40% curable disease, but that has changed with the push to find things such as the "gay gene". Suddenly it became something you were born into. Funny thing is, if there were such a gay gene, natural selection must not be true either. Welcome to the confusion of the world.

macncheesy

Mar 11, 2007
If a gene does exist, that does not rule out natural selection. It could be a passive gene, which a heterosexual couple could both carry, and pass onto their offspring. Also I would like to ask if it's even listed as a disease today.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
I have known many homosexuals in my life time...many as close friends and confidants. Always it seems to me that in their past has been some sort of happening which seemed to persuade them to the lifestyle. I have known men who never recieved the love they needed from a father, women who had failed marriages or abuse from spouses or parents. I know this is not a poplular way of thinking especially among those who are homosexual, but these have been my observations. I would like to say that I am of the persuasion that we should hate the sin and love the sinner. I have been involved in many fund raising projects for children with AIDS... on this I think we all can come together on the same ground. And while doing so perhaps learn to open hearts to be able to pray in love for those we cannot understand. For I do not understand the drives that would cause on to become homosexual, but I imagine they would be dire circumstances indeed. I am reminded of the saying...but for the grace of God....

David323

Mar 13, 2007
Homosexuals like to engage in relations with other homesexuals. The Bible says that is a sin to do so. The same as a man might want to have sex with a woman other than his wife. The man should refrain from doing so the same as the homosexual should refrain. I may not be making my point very well. I guess what I am saying is a person may have homosexual tendencies and not follow through with them. I believe God would be pleased with that person.

FloridaBoy

Mar 30, 2007
(ROS777;6137)
" It's a sin.The problem for society is when homosexuals recruit and lead others to sin.Recruiting children, teenagers and those down on their luck and with political correctness falsely saying it is okay.Jesus said that offenses would come but woe to those they would come by. It would be better if a millstone was put around their neck and they were drowned in the ocean. It appears to me that this sin of practicing and recruiting homosexuality is a more serious sin then stealing a loaf of bread because one's family is hungry.
Ditto. See the problem is, while Christians are debating the basic right or wrong of the issue; the homosexuals are busy starting "gay clubs" in the public schools and the NEA has required teachers to include this sinful behaviour in the curriculum at various levels. Children are exposed to this sin at the wholesale level and taught very clearly that it's "normal" for Billy to have two mommies on PBS. Drunks, prostitutes and professional car thieves would never be allowed to teach their sinful views to our children. Why have we allowed this sin to become a minority status?Some of God's people seem to have no idea how deep this garbage has seeped into the national fabric. Mark my words; it has gone far beyond "tolerance" to "promotion." Good gosh wake up America, there is no "gay gene," there is a Gay AGENDA. This is what we reap for turning from God at the national level and allowing God-hating liberal judges and attorneys to rule our land.

FloridaBoy

Mar 30, 2007
Give them the Gospel. Win them to Christ. A changed heart is a changed mind. Win as many as you can before the rapture takes place. Ooops, I said the R word. Gotta go friends...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
So true FloridaBoy...give them the Gospel Betchevy. And Rapture is such a false doctrine. There is no pre-tribulation rapture.P.S. Betchevy, Like I said, you can and we are commanded to love people especially when they (the world) hates the Word. Read Matthew 5:44 You can still love. We will never be commanded by the LORD God to hate people.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Divorce is not legal it is a forgivable sin, that means you must ask forgivness (with your whole heart)admit your part in it and repent of the sins you comitted. The same is true for homosexuals they can be forgiven if they repent and ask. That is not the same as saying its OK

Cautious Warning

Apr 12, 2007
(kriss;8913)
Divorce is not legal
uhhh, yes, yes it isand regardless, people should have the right to choose what they want to do with their lives. if having sex with someone of your gender is a sin, then don't do it. but if someone else wants to do it, fine. it's not your place to try to control other people with your beliefs. if someone is not causing harm to anyone then leave them be. america is supposed to be the land of the free, and it's not, and that's a shame.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
We don't try to control anyone we just state our view something that all you atheists seem to be such hypocrites about you spout your garbage and if we say we believe its wrong we get people like you with your holier than thou attitude. We didn't come to your site you came to ours so if you just came here to make wise cracks and spread your trash find another site.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Divorce is not a sin, so that's a nonissue. Please at least be informed if you're going to come here and talk about the issues. Your purpose here is obvious, but please at least know what you're talking about. Take your own advice, don't try and force beliefs on others that you don't know about.