What 'Unorthodox' doctrine has come into the church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came across a few sites that showed the many doctrines and traditions not sanctioned by the scriptures but here is a few:
  • The festival of Easter (It is the Passover/Pasch, not the pagan festival)
  • Purgatory, the idea we can change ourselves in hellfire is not of God
  • Scriptures for the priesthood only, scripture makes clear its for all
  • The rituals and practices of a priesthood to intercede and rule over the laity
  • A infallible vicar of Christ
  • Rote prayer
  • The Rosary or beaded prayer chains
  • Scapulars
  • Indulgences
  • Worship of Mary or any of the 'saints' for that matter
  • Holy Rituals
  • Sacraments
  • Holy water
  • The mission, practices, and methods of the Jesuits
  • Eucharistic Christ (The bread and wine becoming the body and blood of Christ whenever conjured up by a priest)

Last edited:

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came across a few sites that showed the many doctrines and traditions not sanctioned by the scriptures but here is a few:
  • The rituals and practices of a priesthood to intercede and rule over the laity
  • Rote prayer
  • Scapulars
  • Indulgences
  • Holy Rituals
  • Sacraments
  • Holy water
  • Eucharistic Christ (The bread and wine becoming the body and blood of Christ whenever conjured up by a priest)
You forgot the Trinity doctrine. That is not sanctioned by the scriptures, either. The term orthodox seems to be used as a scare-word. If we followed the teachings of the Apostles, that would be a true "orthodox." However, the churches don't follow the teachings of the Apostles. They follow the establishment of doctrines from the fourth century. That has crippled Christianity which continues to today.
I am hoping that God brings the church that Jesus established back into being before the last day.

Reactions: APAK

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot the Trinity doctrine. That is not sanctioned by the scriptures, either. The term orthodox seems to be used as a scare-word. If we followed the teachings of the Apostles, that would be a true "orthodox." However, the churches don't follow the teachings of the Apostles. They follow the establishment of doctrines from the fourth century. That has crippled Christianity which continues to today.
I am hoping that God brings the church that Jesus established back into being before the last day.
Well, the word to understand the doctrine, GodHead is in there..
Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

And Christ constantly was giving us understanding on it..
Matthew 11:27
All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mark 8:38
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luke 10:22
All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3:35
The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

John 5:19
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 5:20
For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

John 5:21
For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

John 5:22
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 5:23
That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Fatherwhich hath sent him.

John 5:26
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Sonto have life in himself;

John 6:27
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

John 8:28
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 10:36
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

John 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 17:1
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

And many others....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes , very true that almost all churches now pattern themselves after the doctrine and patterns of men .
But not all people do so . The church is very much alive today . its just scattered in lil groups around the world.
What we are now witnessing in this last hour is a massive unifying concept of a religoin that is being called love
and being claimed as though its of GOD and cometh OF GOD .
when in truth , its coming from the dragon . You see a very strong delusion of reprobation of minds is occuring .
It does so under the guise of common ground , unity , bridge builders , tearing down walls , IT is a love
that is of the world and its a UNIFYER . but NOT UNDER GOD , NOT UNDER CHRIST but under another who fell from heaven .
And now the time has come for the tribes , religoins and all who rejected the love of the truth , alll who are not in the lambs
book of life , to merge as one under what they THINK IS LOVE and GOD . ONLY IT BE THE DRAGON
and the world is being merged as one against CHRIST , against the true saints that conform not to the false love
but HOLD rather to the NON CONFORMING to the WORLD , LOVE OF GOD . A great hour battle is brewing
and soon , soon the solution will be , RID the earth of all who conformed not to the lie .

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the word to understand the doctrine, GodHead is in there..
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

And Christ constantly was giving us understanding on it..
Matthew 11:27
All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mark 8:38
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luke 10:22
All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3:35
The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

John 5:19
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 5:20
For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

John 5:21
For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

John 5:22
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 5:23
That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Fatherwhich hath sent him.

John 5:26
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Sonto have life in himself;

John 6:27
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

John 8:28
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 10:36
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

John 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 17:1
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

And many others....
Brother, you need a truer translation. Godhead was never there.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is Youngs Literal Translation...
`Being, therefore, offspring of God, we ought not to think the Godhead to be like to gold, or silver, or stone, graving of art and device of man;

for the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world, by the things made being understood, are plainly seen, both His eternal power and Godhead-- to their being inexcusable;

because in him doth tabernacle all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds from you words you have studied some and the Spirit is with you. Good for you!

And let the ignorant continue in their false beliefs, living in their dens of false spiritual refuge and false hope; believing in a false Christology, divinity and deity.

Hello from APAK and welcome aboard bro.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we can do a study on it if you all would like to study it in a new thread so we don't derail this one. Can the Mods tell us if this kind of topic is allowed....?

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't forget to include calvinism, eternal security (aka OSAS), and the doctrines of the reformers and the doctrines of the catholics.
Well, there are many good Christians in all of these so need to use Gods Word to see the truth of the matter on all counts...

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Purgatory, the idea we can change ourselves in hellfire is not of God
  • Rote prayer
  • Scapulars
  • Indulgences
  • Holy Rituals
  • Sacraments
  • Holy water
Yes Catholicism=2Thess 2:3--Changed the true God into a trinity as well in 381 at the council of Constantinople., it does not exist. All serving it are being mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they were "good Christians" they would NOT be following false doctrine! View attachment 39996
My brother, some of those doctrines were pounded into the heads of people for so many years, they don't get questioned. Not only that, those who wish to point out the bad doctrines get accused of heresy - even though those doctrines are not found anywhere in scripture or are based on an out-of-context proof-text.

• Love

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I see someone worked hard to show that God intended us to figure things out for ourselves since neither Yahweh nor Jesus ever claimed that Jesus (or "the Holy Spirt") is God. However, Yahweh DID claim that He alone is God:

Dt 32:6 Do you thus repay Yahweh, you foolish and senseless people? Is not he your father, who created you, who made you and established you?

Dt 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Is 42:5–7. Thus says Yahweh God, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: “I am Yahweh; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. (See John 1)

2 Sa 22:32 “For who is God, but Yahweh? And who is a rock, except our God?

2 Ki 19:14–15 And Hezekiah prayed before Yahweh and said: “Yahweh, the God of Israel, enthroned above the cherubim, you are the God, you alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; you have made heaven and earth.

Neh 9:6 “You are Yahweh, you alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them; and you preserve all of them; and the host of heaven worships you.

PS 83:18 that they may know that you alone, whose name is the Yahweh, are the Most High over all the earth

Ps 86:8–10 There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours. All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name. For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God.

Is 37:16 “O LORD of hosts Yahweh, God of Israel, enthroned above the cherubim, you are the God, you alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; you have made heaven and earth.

Is 37:20 So now, our God Yahweh, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone are the LORD.”

Is 42:8. I am Yahweh; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.

Is 44:8. Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are my witnesses! Is there a God besides me? There is no Rock; I know not any.”

Is 49:8-9 Thus says Yahweh: “In a time of favor I have answered you; in a day of salvation I have helped you; I will keep you and give you as a covenant to the people, to establish the land, to apportion the desolate heritages, saying to the prisoners, ‘Come out,’ to those who are in darkness, ‘Appear.’ They shall feed along the ways; on all bare heights shall be their pasture;

Do you know of a verse that alters these?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I see someone worked hard to show that God intended us to figure things out for ourselves since neither Yahweh nor Jesus ever claimed that Jesus (or "the Holy Spirt") is God. However, Yahweh DID claim that He alone is God:

Dt 32:6 Do you thus repay Yahweh, you foolish and senseless people? Is not he your father, who created you, who made you and established you?

Dt 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Is 42:5–7. Thus says Yahweh God, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: “I am Yahweh; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. (See John 1)

2 Sa 22:32 “For who is God, but Yahweh? And who is a rock, except our God?

2 Ki 19:14–15 And Hezekiah prayed before Yahweh and said: “Yahweh, the God of Israel, enthroned above the cherubim, you are the God, you alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; you have made heaven and earth.

Neh 9:6 “You are Yahweh, you alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them; and you preserve all of them; and the host of heaven worships you.

PS 83:18 that they may know that you alone, whose name is the Yahweh, are the Most High over all the earth

Ps 86:8–10 There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours. All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name. For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God.

Is 37:16 “O LORD of hosts Yahweh, God of Israel, enthroned above the cherubim, you are the God, you alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; you have made heaven and earth.

Is 37:20 So now, our God Yahweh, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone are the LORD.”

Is 42:8. I am Yahweh; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.

Is 44:8. Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are my witnesses! Is there a God besides me? There is no Rock; I know not any.”

Is 49:8-9 Thus says Yahweh: “In a time of favor I have answered you; in a day of salvation I have helped you; I will keep you and give you as a covenant to the people, to establish the land, to apportion the desolate heritages, saying to the prisoners, ‘Come out,’ to those who are in darkness, ‘Appear.’ They shall feed along the ways; on all bare heights shall be their pasture;

Do you know of a verse that alters these?

read it friend