What We Eat Is Important To God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
We should live long and finish strong. God has a purpose for each of us and we want to be around long enough to complete that purpose and what we eat can either help or hinder that outcome. I admit that I need to make some changes in my eating habits and honor God's temple...how about you ?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am diabetic so I do not have a choice. I am glad that I am taking my diet seriously though

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
I am diabetic so I do not have a choice. I am glad that I am taking my diet seriously though

I'm Insulin resistant/pre-diabetic and intolerant of most things that actually taste good. I've learned to manage it, but it can still be a nuisance at times when you want to just eat something without analyzing the ingredients list.

On the flipside, I've learned an incredible amount of information about food and nutrition, and have lost a lot of unhealthy weight. I actually plan on reaching my fitness goal this year.

God has definitely worked my lifelong gluttony into a blessing, not only for myself, but hopefully for other people I can potentially help/inspire.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cool redeemed. I think I've had diabetes all my life, but I have never been overweight - officially I am type II. I think getting a vitamix blender was the best purchase I have ever made related to food. I can blend anything I want to eat but not have to taste into a shake.

Not sure why taking care of our bodies is any different than taking care of the environment - healthnuts are just as weird as environmental wackjobs.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
We should live long and finish strong. God has a purpose for each of us and we want to be around long enough to complete that purpose and what we eat can either help or hinder that outcome. I admit that I need to make some changes in my eating habits and honor God's temple...how about you ?

This is a very timely and appropriate consideration for us as Christians. I myself have suffered a stronghold in this area over many years. However, God in is graciousness has been good to me, protecting me from myself!

In the near future, I am going forward for bariatric surgery to reduce the size of the stomach. Drastic, you say? Yes, I was always of the mind that it was a form of self-mutilation that people let the surgeon do for them. However, the Lord has been speaking to me. I sure needed to be convinced, so I asked someone who was slated for the surgery whom I know is a Spirit-filled believer how she knew that God was in favour of this for some people.

She encouraged me spiritually, and also sent this verse to me, which I now declare as Rhema to my soul, showing me that it is acceptable to God that we do everything possible to submit our bodies to His will.

Matthew 5:29-30 (NLT)

[sup]29[/sup] So if your eye—even your good eye—causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. [sup]30[/sup] And if your hand—even your stronger hand—causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here I thought this was going to be a thread on eating Kosher! ;)

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
God has so generously given me psoriasis. Maybe, it's his plan for me to join a circus.

Phillip

Jan 2, 2012

Not me. Jesus isn't concerned about what I eat. As long as I'm not devouring my brother :)

And I honor Him in my Temple body to the ultimate, sancitifying myself totally to Jesus.

(Mat 15:17)
Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

(Mat 15:11) Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
(Mat 15:12)