What Will We Be Doing In Heaven ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. Gold is as common as asphalt.

Revelation 21:21
The twelve gates were made of pearls—each gate from a single pearl! And the main street was pure gold, as clear as glass.

Hello Lively Stone,

My understanding is things on the Other Side - seen and then reported back to us in the Bible and still today - is the best
discription we can give in our limited words and from our frame of reference.

Thus, the self effulgent light ''looks'' like a Gate made of pearls or paths that look like they are made of gold...just as Angels
do not actually have 'wings' but their beautiful 'energy' manifesting as an aura of light surrounding them appears to the 'human
perspective' as looking like wings. (They don't need wings, ha!)

The place is filled with 'self-effulgent light' -ha.
I can see how things might look like they are made of pearls - pearls would be the closest earthly thing to call this 'pearly glowing'.
;)

Again, no one has to agree what I have researched. And it doesn't matter anyway ----get it 'doesn't matter"? Ha!
Inside joke....get it ''inside"?
Never mind, I get on a roll! :D

And sorry for my typos in a previous post, for some reason I could not access the editing.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is presumptuous and unwise to count your chickens before they are hatched, so to speak. We should not be arrogant, smug or proud that some of the Jews were disconnected from the vine for our benefit. We can just as easily be cut off ourselves. We should never see the race of faith as a done deal. Who are wise?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This will probably be an interesting link for those on this thread.
:) Inspiring and uplifting regarding the Afterlife.

http://bibleprobe.com/nde.htm

Here is an excerpt:

Scriptural parallel.

After being stoned to death in Lystra by the furious mob who resented his ministry and miracles, Saint Paul was snatched from his broken body up into Paradise before being replaced into the repaired frame a few minutes later. Saint Paul speaks of a visit to Heaven.

"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities." II Corinthians 12:2-5 (KJV).
A Scientist who had a near death experience:
Joyce Hawkes, a cell biologist with a PhD, had an accident that forever changed her life — and her view of science. She suffered a concussion from a falling window. "I think that part of me — that my spirit, my soul — left my body and went to another reality," she said. She was surprised at the experience.
"It just was not part of the paradigm in which I lived as a scientist," Hawkes recalled. "it was a big surprise to me to have this sense of something different than the body — a consciousness different than the body — and to be in this wonderfully healing, peaceful, nurturing place."
"I think what I learned was that there truly is no death, that there is a change in state from a physical form to a spirit form, and that there's nothing to fear about that passage," she said.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hello Lively Stone,

My understanding is things on the Other Side - seen and then reported back to us in the Bible and still today - is the best
discription we can give in our limited words and from our frame of reference.

Thus, the self effulgent light ''looks'' like a Gate made of pearls or paths that look like they are made of gold...just as Angels
do not actually have 'wings' but their beautiful 'energy' manifesting as an aura of light surrounding them appears to the 'human
perspective' as looking like wings. (They don't need wings, ha!)

The place is filled with 'self-effulgent light' -ha.
I can see how things might look like they are made of pearls - pearls would be the closest earthly thing to call this 'pearly glowing'.
;)

Again, no one has to agree what I have researched. And it doesn't matter anyway ----get it 'doesn't matter"? Ha!
Inside joke....get it ''inside"?
Never mind, I get on a roll! :D

And sorry for my typos in a previous post, for some reason I could not access the editing.

When the bible says pearls, it means pearls. John wasn't impaired visually. He was given the task to measure the city and he certainly did that with efficacy. God ensured that John was able to see all that he needed to see and that he was able to write about it for the benefit of us all. There is no need to believe that what he saw was anything but what he said that he saw.

No further research from others can top what John has reported to us.

Revelation 21:15-21
[sup]15[/sup] The angel who talked to me held in his hand a gold measuring stick to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. [sup]16[/sup] When he measured it, he found it was a square, as wide as it was long. In fact, its length and width and height were each 1,400 miles. [sup]17[/sup] Then he measured the walls and found them to be 216 feet thick (according to the human standard used by the angel).
[sup]18[/sup] The wall was made of jasper, and the city was pure gold, as clear as glass. [sup]19[/sup] The wall of the city was built on foundation stones inlaid with twelve precious stones: the first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, [sup]20[/sup] the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst.
[sup]21[/sup] The twelve gates were made of pearls—each gate from a single pearl! And the main street was pure gold, as clear as glass.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
It is presumptuous and unwise to count your chickens before they are hatched, so to speak. We should not be arrogant, smug or proud that some of the Jews were disconnected from the vine for our benefit. We can just as easily be cut off ourselves. We should never see the race of faith as a done deal. Who are wise?
Yes.
It is said that faith is a shield we can use. it is not the be all and end all.
They of little faith ?
Faith can grow.
Satan will always have a go and if your Faith in the one and true Christ is not strong enough you can fail and be lead to falsehood.
One must grow and we do this by abiding in the vine and we must bear fruit or we will be cut off from the vine. God the father is the vine dresser. Christ is the vine.