What you do in Heaven, you do *together* (selah)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So there is a simple test, to whether you are over-cooking your faith: are you doing it, together with others? In Heaven, you don't do anything, that is without friendship. Even if all you do is participate in Spirit, you wait till you are together in Spirit. There is no "reading the Bible this way and that, quoting this or that scripture" you are asked (politely) to attend to the Word proceeding from the Mouth of God. This is a daily activity: feeding on the Word that proceeds from the Mouth of God. What is the verse for today? That is something you can ask, in Heaven or on Earth - but as I am trying to point out in this thread: in Heaven you feed together (on Earth you do what you do, because of what was done for you, beforehand). This is actually a powerful way to live!

So then, if we do what we do together, we need the conviction of the Holy Spirit, to make sense (give order) of what we need to do, to unite. Sin, tells us that we are relying too much on ourselves; righteousness, tells us that we must prolong what we do for the sake of others; judgment, tells us that our unity will be tested for its 'unitedness'. If we can grasp this, then we will serve in strength, as our brothers serve in strength. It (our faith) becomes something we can understand, whether from our perspective or another's, because we all do it together. If we did not do it together, we would grow confused and be blown about, losing our standing - this is the experience of people who have NDEs (Near Death Experiences), they can see that there will be peace, but they are not caught up in the reason there is peace, viz., that no one is ever alone in Heaven.

The reality is: this should be something we are trying to master, in this life. It doesn't matter if we fall short, and need to dust ourselves off again - our brothers will be there to help. They may not have predicted that we would fall, but they didn't leave us without a way to come together again (us and them, as us). When we do things together, it pleases God - because He has prepared a great many things, that we can do together in His Love, for Him, and in His Strength and so on. This is part of the Power of God, that no-one who knows what power is, needs to face it alone: if someone (remember Jesus) is able to stand in the Presence of God, we are all able to stand in the Presence of God, the way He does. Glory upon Glory results!

What do we remember then, to ensure that our testimony is as close to the testimony of others as it can be? The Holy Spirit will remind us. That is the power of the Holy Spirit: He doesn't need to hear everything we have to say, to know what part of it agrees with the Heaven that is waiting for us, and what part of it, needs further instruction, so that we function effectively together. This is our ticket out of here, baby! We are guaranteed that Heaven won't move on without us, because we have found working with others hard. Like when people post scripture after scripture, without distilling their own wisdom, in one sense they will be like all the others that do this, but on the other hand, they will be given harder instruction - not because they deserve it or ought to be punished, but because there is a way to work more effectively with others.

So do we race to be together, with others? No, we sit and we wait and we consider our steps, whether they have been found in the Lord. The fire has to go out, before it is time to rekindle it. Jesus taught this, when the Disciples were wondering what they would do after the crucifixion - saying "wait in Jerusalem, until the Holy Spirit has been poured out" (from memory). Essentially this is God's timing, that we wait until we can do what we do, together! The Lord is able to lavish those in agreement with each other, with all things - there is no mistaking that God is more and more pleased, the more united in worship (in spirit and in truth) that we become. In a sense opens up a door, to a place, where everyone is waiting to do something together with the Lord. Death will mean nothing to us; Hell will not get in the way.

I hope this has been of some encouragement to you, that you are starting to get a sense of participation, from these words.

God bless.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God must smile upon us when we can accomplish this.

1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore. Psalm 133

• Wow
Reactions: Gottservant

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Gottservant
Did I misunderstand your premise ?
If so I'm sorry and can delete my post.

The way I see it there will only be unity or togetherness in heaven, for we are ALL different ppl, on different paths, with different denominal doctrines or beliefs.

Faith is NOT one great big building to house those whom follow and believe in Jesus, but it is the CORNERSTONE !

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Gottservant
Did I misunderstand your premise ?
If so I'm sorry and can delete my post.

The way I see it there will only be unity or togetherness in heaven, for we are ALL different ppl, on different paths, with different denominal doctrines or beliefs.

Faith is NOT one great big building to house those whom follow and believe in Jesus, but it is the CORNERSTONE !
We are on different paths, together; we are different people, together; we have different doctrines, together.

It is the Cornerstone, together.

If I didn't agree with you, it would not be together (with you).

We need to find ways of enjoying different faiths, together.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The joy of it, is that there are an infinite number of things we can do together - we will never be together for no reason!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 6:14-18 KJV
Be ye not unequally yoked  together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

We cannot all be together here on earth. Even families when they gather  together are not always on the same page.

What do you mean by different faiths?

Ephesians 4:5-6 KJV
one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one  GOD and FATHER of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

If the above is NOT in the unity of the Faith of Jesus and his testament, then there is no together, for to do so is to be unequally yoked.