Whatever happened to the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The comment was about Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, 400 years before the law.
I believe that was a time of Grace as such we are in today.
When you follow their lives and then read the law, you will find that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were all guilty of breaking the written law.

Abraham married his sister for example:
Lev 18:9 The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.

Gen 20:11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake.
Gen 20:12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

According to Moses law, this was a sin.
But it occured 400 years before the law.
Where there is no law,
Rom 5:13 For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

I'm trying to keep this short :)

then we moved to David..
David understood God's mercy, over and above the law.
David walked in the Spirit of it.
David also sinned according to the law, he committed adultery. for one.
But David also had great Faith.

Faith outranks the law.
That is not to say God's law is not good, it just means faith is better.

I have a hard time putting ALL the words into 2-3 sentences.
I'm trying..
Hugs
Sorry Ziggy, I'll have to give you the same answer as I gave @OzSpen...the topic is 'whatever happened to the Holy Spirit?', not 'the relation of faith to the law'.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Ziggy, I'll have to give you the same answer as I gave @OzSpen...the topic is 'whatever happened to the Holy Spirit?', not 'the relation of faith to the law'.
ok but I think we both went south of the topic..

The Holy Spirit was, is and always will be present with those who are with the Lord.

Hugs

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...about Israel, indeed.

(I don't see the church in the Old Testament.)
Romanists won't see anything about God's Church in the OT for a number of reasons...the biggest reasons being their erroneous belief that OT Israel and the NT Church are 2 completely different entities and their(Romanists) general disregard for the Law. The fact is, the OT has a lot more to say about God's end time Church than the NT does, at least in regards to prophecy. Anyone who is living a life of disobedience certainly isn't going to see God's Church in the OT.
Under Moses' law there was no mercy.
The Bible 100 disagrees with this:

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone." - Matt. 23:23

"Then He said, 'I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.'" - Exo. 33:19

One of the biggest problems with everyone who teach against the Law is that they are completely ignorant of the fact that everything in it reflects a merciful God. As you can plainly see in the Matthew passage, Christ clearly said mercy was an important part of the Law. People who teach against Moses really ought to study what he was inspired by God to write before commenting on things they clearly don't understand. Why do you think Paul taught in Galatians that the law concerning animal sacrifices was a tutor that taught about God's forgiveness? Because mercy wasn't just a NT concept!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Romanists won't see anything about God's Church in the OT for a number of reasons...the biggest reasons being their erroneous belief that OT Israel and the NT Church are 2 completely different entities and their(Romanists) general disregard for the Law. The fact is, the OT has a lot more to say about God's end time Church than the NT does. Anyone who is living a life of disobedience isn't going to see God's Church in the OT.The Bible 100 disagrees with this:

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone." - Matt. 23:23

"Then He said, 'I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.'" - Exo. 33:19

One of the biggest problems with everyone who teach against the Law is that they are completely ignorant of the fact that everything in it reflects a merciful God. As you can plainly see in the Matthew passage, Christ clearly said mercy was an important part of the Law. People who teach against Moses really ought to study what he was inspired by God to write before commenting on things they clearly don't understand. Why do you think Paul taught in Galatians that the law concerning animal sacrifices was a tutor that taught about God's forgiveness? Because mercy wasn't just a NT concept!
@Desire Of All Nations Did you really think I was Roman Catholic? :)