Whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.

The paper affirms what I have said in this OP. From the paper:

It wasn't a new kind of power to bind and loose.

It merely confirmed what had already been determined.

It was a periphrastic future perfect construct. There was no stand-alone future perfect conjugation.

See also For from now there will have been five in one house divided
Thank you for stating the obvious: that heaven NEVER conforms to the whims of man, but that it is our duty to conform to the previously established dictates of heaven.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is so difficult for you guys to understand?

Isaiah plainly says when the Lord comes with "fire" to punish "all flesh" when "the slain of the Lord shall be many" (which is exactly what Jeremiah says about it when "the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the Earth even to the other end of the Earth") - which any FOOL recognizes to be the FIERY SECOND COMING - Isaiah says at that time Jesus will turn pork eaters into crispy critters.

Got it? Isaiah is revealing the conditions surrounding the fiery Second Coming...
...not conditions of the Old Testament...
...not conditions rendered nonexistent by foolish "hypergrace" notions...
...but the prevailing conditions of the FIERY SECOND COMING.
I see Phoneman, you have a similar view of God to those who think he will fry certain citizens because they didn't dance to his tune?

T

Tulipbee

Matthew 16:19
HCSB
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth is already bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth is already loosed in heaven.
The Learner, you've spotlighted a key verse from the Gospel of Matthew, and in the Calvinistic comedy club, let's unravel the divine nuances with a touch of theological flair.

Quoting Calvin with a whimsical twist: "Ah, the keys of the kingdom – not a papal privilege, but a celestial keychain handed over to Peter and the apostles. It's a heavenly access pass with a divine stamp of approval!" (Commentary on Matthew, Mark, Luke - Volume 3)

Now, let's pirouette through the binding and loosing language. Quoting Calvin with a playful rhythm: "Binding and loosing – not a papal pronouncement, but a heavenly collaboration where the apostles wield divine authority. It's a celestial dance with the keys jingling in harmony!" (Commentary on Matthew, Mark, Luke - Volume 3)

As we waltz through Acts 10 and Peter's heavenly vision, quoting Calvin with a twirl: "Peter's dietary declaration – not a papal menu, but a culinary revelation endorsed from above. It's a divine cooking show with heavenly flavors!" (Commentary on Acts)

And in the Acts 15 Jerusalem Council, a divine culinary council indeed. Quoting Calvin with a grin: "Abstaining and avoiding – not a papal dietary code, but a Spirit-approved menu. It's a heavenly health inspection with apostolic food critics!" (Commentary on Acts)

But let's tango through the wrongness of the papal system, infused with a Gospel beat. Quoting Paul's wisdom in Galatians 1:8: "An eternal reminder that the Gospel truth prevails, and any deviation merits divine disapproval!" Ah, a divine caution against theological missteps.

And with a final flourish on Mariology, quoting Calvin with a flourish: "Flee the fictional tales; the Gospel truth stands tall, unwavering in the pure Word of God." (Institutes of the Christian Religion, Book I, Chapter 7, Section 4)

So, dear Learner, let's keep the theological dance floor alive, spinning through scriptures, and revel in the Gospel truth that unlocks the divine comedy of salvation! #CalvinisticComedyClub #TheologicalDanceMoves #GospelKeysUnlock

Reactions: The Learner

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see Phoneman, you have a similar view of God to those who think he will fry certain citizens because they didn't dance to his tune?
Scripture is clear that fiery destruction will accompany Jesus at His Second Coming, on that we can all agree.

Should we, then, be surprised to read in Isaiah 66 this destruction will include the self-righteous, idolaters, and pork/mice/unclean meat eaters?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scripture is clear that fiery destruction will accompany Jesus at His Second Coming, on that we can all agree.

Should we, then, be surprised to read in Isaiah 66 this destruction will include the self-righteous, idolaters, and pork/mice/unclean meat eaters?
Do you think there is a possibility of seeing/ understanding it differently? or is your understanding of the matter without question?....and in that sense, perfect?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would love to know what what 'didn't dance to his tune" means? Do you mean don't follow what He says?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would love to know what what 'didn't dance to his tune" means? Do you mean don't follow what He says?
oh dear! 'Didn't dance to his tune' means, had opposing views, ideas, trajectory, objectives.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's bulldookey reasoning like this that leads Preterists to conclude the fiery, Earth-shaking, cataclysmic Second Coming happened back in the first century

Isaiah is clear Jesus is going to burn up pork eaters when He comes with fire.
It is exactly the grammar involved.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is exactly the grammar involved.
I respect grammar - we use grammar to prove the "Little Horn" comes out of one of the four "winds" - not the four horns as popularly believed.

But no amount of consideration of grammar can change the fact that Jesus is coming to "consume" those who eat swine's flesh at the Second Coming.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a matter of what I think, it's a matter of what Isaiah says about the Second Coming in Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV - if one who disagrees were to wager on this, he'd lose.

Does he not say when the Lord comes with fire, He's going to consume the self righteous, idolaters, and those who eat pigs and mice and other abominable things? Absolutely.

• Wow

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
  • Love

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most believers today are not Jewish

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can Jesus allow His followers to eat pork today when Isaiah says He's going to consume pork eaters at the Second Coming?

I think we need to revisit the "proof texts" we use to "prove" God allows the eating of unclean animals, such as Acts 10 and Romans 14 and 1 Timothy 4.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can Jesus allow His followers to eat pork today when Isaiah says He's going to consume pork eaters at the Second Coming?

I think we need to revisit the "proof texts" we use to "prove" God allows the eating of unclean animals, such as Acts 10 and Romans 14 and 1 Timothy 4.
We are not communicating. Please stay focused if you are able. Go ahead to If you think that Jesus does not allow his followers to eat pork today and wish to wager on it, I am taking wagers here and follow up there. This is the 3rd and the last time I have asked.

• Love

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As I pointed out before most believers today are not Jewish.

Romans 7:6

Easy-to-Read Version

6 In the past the law held us as prisoners, but our old selves died, and we were made free from the law. So now we serve God in a new way, not in the old way, with the written rules. Now we serve God in the new way, with the Spirit.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not communicating. Please stay focused if you are able. Go ahead to If you think that Jesus does not allow his followers to eat pork today and wish to wager on it, I am taking wagers here and follow up there. This is the 3rd and the last time I have asked.
Thanks for the invite, but I think Isaiah's words are clear as crystal.

I'm choosing to not eat unclean things and not be consumed at the Second Coming...I do that because of my LOVE FOR JESUS, not to try and obtain salvation.

"If ye love Me, keep My commandments".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I pointed out before most believers today are not Jewish.

Romans 7:6​

Easy-to-Read Version​

6 In the past the law held us as prisoners, but our old selves died, and we were made free from the law. So now we serve God in a new way, not in the old way, with the written rules. Now we serve God in the new way, with the Spirit.
Let's try the SOCRATIC METHOD - the same which Jesus used to teach:

Q. Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV depicts what event?
A. Second Coming.

Q. Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV depicts the Second Coming as a past event or an event at the end time?
A. An event at the end of time.

Q. Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV depicts Jesus gloriously coming for what people in the future?
A. Christians

Q. Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV depicts Jesus arriving to consume what people?
A. Idolaters, Self-righteous, and those who eat pork, mice, and other unclean abominations.

Q. Does Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV say "grace" will shield some who are found eating these unclean things?
A. No - grace is not a OSAS License to Sin and the Presumptuous Man who claims it is will "not prosper".