What's Going On With The Catholic Church Iviting Paganism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not the main part. He is all there is to it! Without Jesus, we wouldn't exist!

Agreed!

So let's worship Him freely - without the superstitious fear that certain practices belong to other gods - there are no other gods but the one true, Triune God!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009

Honor which "God"?

Acts 4:10-12
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Whom ye crucified, Whom God raised from the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
(KJV)

When Buddhism starts claiming Jesus of Nazareth The Christ is the ONLY WAY of Salvation, and practices The Gospel of Jesus Christ per The Bible, then I might begin to listen. Til' then, their religion is vanity because it refuses to recognize The Only Saviour Jesus Christ Which The Heavenly Father sent. You cannot be a true Christian if you believe otherwise.

I agree, and wasn't arguing another point. There's alot of wisdom in other religions and some of the practices they use for worship are beautiful. But, as you say, they lack Jesus so it's all for nothing.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep - Jesus is the main point, but it doesn't mean other religions are free from truth.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I agree, and wasn't arguing another point. There's alot of wisdom in other religions and some of the practices they use for worship are beautiful. But, as you say, they lack Jesus so it's all for nothing.

I studied religion in my younger years, before I came to Christ Jesus. Although I was raised in a Protestant Church, I wasn't baptized until much later in my life. The most important thing I learned about The Gospel of Jesus Christ is that it is the Truth and not a religion. Religion is a vanity of men and of this world, different from Truth. So it's a mistake from the outset to try and compare the religions of the world to The Gospel of Jesus Christ, regardless of how beautiful some acts of men's religions appear to be.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some truth, not all truth. Nothing is as dangerous as a half-truth.

Half truth can be twisted for evil - like the serpent did in the Garden. It can also be reclaimed for God.

I studied religion in my younger years, before I came to Christ Jesus. Although I was raised in a Protestant Church, I wasn't baptized until much later in my life. The most important thing I learned about The Gospel of Jesus Christ is that it is the Truth and not a religion. Religion is a vanity of men and of this world, different from Truth. So it's a mistake from the outset to try and compare the religions of the world to The Gospel of Jesus Christ, regardless of how beautiful some acts of men's religions appear to be.

Separating religion from faith is impossible. It is like trying to take language out of communication. We relate to each other using language. We relate to God through religion.