What's happening in this country is scary.. Christians persecuted, etc

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
this election has shown just how hated conservative Christians are. And then there is the pathetic phenomenon of so called "evangelicals" voting for dt

What the heck is that all about?

a Christian voting for an anti-Christian person! That makes a lot of sense

this country is being run by the low info, low education.. and apparently the low IQ

but again, it isn't over yet.. the convention, t he convention

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ScaliaFan said:
this election has shown just how hated conservative Christians are. And then there is the pathetic phenomenon of so called "evangelicals" voting for dt

What the heck is that all about?

a Christian voting for an anti-Christian person! That makes a lot of sense

this country is being run by the low info, low education.. and apparently the low IQ

but again, it isn't over yet.. the convention, t he convention
One of the reasons that Christians are hated so much is because they won't stay out of government. Too many have the erroneous idea that Christians are supposed to make America a Christian nation. That's not possible. IF Christians stayed out of government and spread the gospel things would be much better.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Butch5 said:
One of the reasons that Christians are hated so much is because they won't stay out of government. Too many have the erroneous idea that Christians are supposed to make America a Christian nation. That's not possible. IF Christians stayed out of government and spread the gospel things would be much better.
I am 65 years old, Butch. Born in the era of 'Leave It To Beaver', 'Dennis the Menace', 'The Ed Sullivan Show' and, a bit later, 'Happy Days'.
And, yes...the world really was like that. Teen aged girls were really virgins, and teen aged boys really respected that. About the worst thing a school kid got into trouble for was chewing gum in class...or, if they were really, really BAD...as in "juvenile delinquent"....they might get caught...(lowers voice to a whisper)...smoking cigarettes.

Back then, we were a Christian nation.

And, ya know....things were a lot better...

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Things like this aren't helping either....

TOW TRUCK DRIVER REFUSES TO TOW BERNIE SANDERS SUPPORTER

GREENVILLE, SC -- A tow truck driver refused to a help a customer stranded on Interstate 26 in Asheville on Monday.

"Something came over me, I think the Lord came to me, and he just said get in the truck and leave," said Ken Shupe of Shupee Max Towing in Traveler's Rest, S.C. "And when I got in my truck, you know, I was so proud, because I felt like I finally drew a line in the sand and stood up for what I believed."

Motorist Cassy McWade says she was in a car accident, and the family called their regular mechanic to drive about 45 minutes north in order to tow her home to Traveler's Rest from the side of the Interstate. He wasn't able to make the trip, so McWade says he called Shupe.

He arrived after about an hour and began the process of towing the vehicle.

"He goes around back and comes back and says 'I can't tow you.' My first instinct was there must be something wrong with the car," McWade told WLOS on Wednesday. "And he says, 'No, you're a Bernie supporter.' And I was like wait, really? And he says, 'Yes ma'am,' and just walks away."
Conservative Christians aren't exactly doing themselves any favors by being so vindictive towards everyone who disagrees with them. I mean, you can't go around acting like a jerk to people, and then complain "Why does everyone think I'm a jerk"?

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
River Jordan said:
Things like this aren't helping either....

Conservative Christians aren't exactly doing themselves any favors by being so vindictive towards everyone who disagrees with them. I mean, you can't go around acting like a jerk to people, and then complain "Why does everyone think I'm a jerk"?
and you're going to lump all Christians and "Christians" in one group???

that's just as low as what you are railing against (assuming you are doingthat.)

OK, I guess I got a lttle carried away.. so I re-read your post.

Yes, Christians often give us all a bad name. That is why i think i wll cease using the word. I will call myself FollowerOfChrist or something

:wacko:

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
ScaliaFan said:
and you're going to lump all Christians and "Christians" in one group???

that's just as low as what you are railing against (assuming you are doingthat.)

OK, I guess I got a lttle carried away.. so I re-read your post.

Yes, Christians often give us all a bad name. That is why i think i wll cease using the word. I will call myself FollowerOfChrist or something

:wacko:
LOL! Yeah....maybe take a bit more time before typing a response next time? :p

It saddens me to read headlines these days. Most coverage of Christians is usually things like that article, where someone is justifying their poor treatment of people via our faith, in a kinda "Look at what this crazy, hateful Christian did!" way. Meanwhile, all the good things done by Christians in the name of our faith are largely ignored.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
River Jordan said:
LOL! Yeah....maybe take a bit more time before typing a response next time? :p

It saddens me to read headlines these days. Most coverage of Christians is usually things like that article, where someone is justifying their poor treatment of people via our faith, in a kinda "Look at what this crazy, hateful Christian did!" way. Meanwhile, all the good things done by Christians in the name of our faith are largely ignored.
that is VERY true (last thing)

the real heroes of our world are the ones you never hear about.. they just go about their lives, often doing very mundane but necessary work.. getting no c redit for it.. They obey the Lord as best they can, take care of family, maybe others outside family and and etc.. The liars in politics do hardly anything right or good.. Clinton is corrupt, DT is corrupt and both are big LIARS.. yet they have so much fame and $$$ and can get away with anything, can and have. But oh well, God sees and some day there will be justice

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
The Barrd said:
I am 65 years old, Butch. Born in the era of 'Leave It To Beaver', 'Dennis the Menace', 'The Ed Sullivan Show' and, a bit later, 'Happy Days'.
And, yes...the world really was like that. Teen aged girls were really virgins, and teen aged boys really respected that. About the worst thing a school kid got into trouble for was chewing gum in class...or, if they were really, really BAD...as in "juvenile delinquent"....they might get caught...(lowers voice to a whisper)...smoking cigarettes.

Back then, we were a Christian nation.

And, ya know....things were a lot better...
Hi The Barrd,

I'm not that much younger and I too remember those days. However, just because things were better doesn't mean this was a Christian nation. Having studied the earliest Christian doctrines It's become clear that one cannot have a Christian nation. For the first 300 years of Christianity Christians would not use violence for any reason, not even self defense. This is what they were taught by Jesus and the apostles. How can one have a nation without an army to protect it? These same Christians wouldn't participate in the governments of the countries in which they lived. They saw their citizenship in the kingdom of God, not the earthly country in which they lived. Honestly, in my opinion there are far more Americans who are Christian than there are Christians who are American.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Butch5 said:
Hi The Barrd,

I'm not that much younger and I too remember those days. However, just because things were better doesn't mean this was a Christian nation. Having studied the earliest Christian doctrines It's become clear that one cannot have a Christian nation. For the first 300 years of Christianity Christians would not use violence for any reason, not even self defense. This is what they were taught by Jesus and the apostles. How can one have a nation without an army to protect it? These same Christians wouldn't participate in the governments of the countries in which they lived. They saw their citizenship in the kingdom of God, not the earthly country in which they lived. Honestly, in my opinion there are far more Americans who are Christian than there are Christians who are American.
i agree 4 the most part. But the founders of this country were Christian more/less. I can see the massive change that's happened in this country just in the last 20 years. It is really a lot of change.. for the worst. All you need to do is look @ the people running for the h ighest office in the land.. to see how far this nation has fallen.