What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A welcome break from the Brexit stuff, then... :)
Not at all farouk. It just goes on and on and on and on. And now there is another extension in place until the end of January 2020. Will we ever leave? Who knows?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow, Quebec doesn't enforce its winter tire rule until December 15...

Its not 'a rule' here, many go through winter on 'all season' tires.
But if Albertans drive into BC they have to have them there in the mountains.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not 'a rule' here, many go through winter on 'all season' tires.
But if Albertans drive into BC they have to have them there in the mountains.

We have been blessed with an awesome Fall...today was totally sunny, all day and mid to upper 60's!

Reactions: Pearl and Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We've had an absolutely stunning couple of days with bright, warm sunshine, blue skies and a very light breeze. And the beautiful colours of the autumn trees looking gorgeous in the sun.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We've had an absolutely stunning couple of days with bright, warm sunshine, blue skies and a very light breeze. And the beautiful colours of the autumn trees looking gorgeous in the sun.

I just learned that the actor Al Weaver , ( whom I think plays wonderfully) he plays one of the cleric's in the show "Granchester", comes from Bolton. Now I know what you talk like and how your accent sounds. :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just learned that the actor Al Weaver , ( whom I think plays wonderfully) he plays one of the cleric's in the show "Granchester", comes from Bolton. Now I know what you talk like and how your accent sounds. :)
Ha. Ray's Bolton born but I got here from Gloucestershire via Manchester so my accent is a bit mixed. Ray's mates used to think I was lah-di-dah when we first started going out.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ha. Ray's Bolton born but I got here from Gloucestershire via Manchester so my accent is a bit mixed. Ray's mates used to think I was lah-di-dah when we first started going out.

Oh right, I remember where you were born now...you showed us the village and even your old house once.

Now, if you sent me your phone number I could hear it for myself.
I have talked to Mike many many times and he has a strong accent.
Ive talked to Nicky too ( remember her?) she and I used to talk often , until she dropped away. I have cheap calling to England because of all my family over there :)

Nancy ( this Nancy) and I have talked quite a bit too...but she's having problems now with her phone.
Think about it... LOL

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh right, I remember where you were born now...you showed us the village and even your old house once.

Now, if you sent me your phone number I could hear it for myself.
I have talked to Mike many many times and he has a strong accent.
Ive talked to Nicky too ( remember her?) she and I used to talk often , until she dropped away. I have cheap calling to England because of all my family over there :)

Nancy ( this Nancy) and I have talked quite a bit too...but she's having problems now with her phone.
Think about it... LOL

I think I got it fixed so...I am going to try to ring you ...NOW! :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I got it fixed so...I am going to try to ring you ...NOW! :)

Unbelievable! Still dropping the calls...I was on line with my phone service agent for about an hour yesterday and all was supposed to be fixed! Argggg! Back to the drawing board :rolleyes:

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
North and West Country are a good combination!

Weather-wise, the North has a reputation for being rainy; while the West County is - supposedly - more sunny....

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's dark now so I can't tell. But I think it's dry and cold.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Next thing to an ice storm here. Very wet in the low 40's [F] with a wind. I just drove to my mail box. Too wet and too cold for these old bones to weather the weather, if you understand my meaning... But praise the Lord anyway!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Next thing to an ice storm here. Very wet in the low 40's [F] with a wind. I just drove to my mail box. Too wet and too cold for these old bones to weather the weather, if you understand my meaning... But praise the Lord anyway!
Wow, ice storm already! and it's only October... o_O

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, ice storm already! and it's only October... o_O
Well it is not forming ice on anything as the temperature is too high, but my body sure feels it in all the wrong ways and places. This is my first winter since being on a blood thinner and I frequently wear a sweater in the house so as not make it too warm for my wife. She is always too warm. But...otherwise we get along...LOL

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well it is not forming ice on anything as the temperature is too high, but my body sure feels it in all the wrong ways and places. This is my first winter since being on a blood thinner and I frequently wear a sweater in the house so as not make it too warm for my wife. She is always too warm. But...otherwise we get along...LOL
I hope you can adjust well to your medications, Sir. (I've had to do this myself after some rather invasive surgery.)

As I get a bit older I like winter less and less; the experience of a lot of ppl, I think...

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Unbelievable! Still dropping the calls...I was on line with my phone service agent for about an hour yesterday and all was supposed to be fixed! Argggg! Back to the drawing board :rolleyes:
We said we were considering selling the rights to our discussions with our (former) 'phone company to the next edition of Laurel and Hardy...