What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Weather north west of town is classical Melbourne weather...
Lovely sunny morning followed by wind and now rain. Hehehe. And :Dits only 2pm...

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lolz believe me it's a lot more when you look at it with the naked eye.

Actually i believe ya... Photos never do it justice... Some of my most fun days was when it was a whit out on the mountain...
We would drive down it a bit and find somewhere to build a run, usually just a jump or two. Limit the walking

Reactions: Josho

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If only they were 50 meters higher. Even 20... You could run your own ski park
Get a snowmaking machine.... Now thats an idea...
Get a turn cable.... Beeauutiful

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually i believe ya... Photos never do it justice... Some of my most fun days was when it was a whit out on the mountain...
We would drive down it a bit and find somewhere to build a run, usually just a jump or two. Limit the walking

Yep, it's probably because our mountains in the Great Dividing Range are pretty densely cluttered with trees and bush, compared to Japan, USA, Canada and even New Zealand. On a rocky mountain snow is heaps clearer.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Josho, so is that Australia?

No, that is just a small part of the continent, and Victoria is just a small part of Australia. :D

Here is some data to show you: -

upload_2020-8-22_17-59-58.png

An interesting fact is that Great Britain is around 15,000 sq. kms bigger that the state of Victoria.

Another interesting fact is that the Great Dividing Range is not one mountain range but a series of ranges and plains that define the water shed line between predominantly the eastern coastal river systems and the western plains of Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. In Queensland parts of the "Great dividing Range is nothing more than a gentling rising and falling plain which decides whether the rain flows out to the eastern sea board or into the Murray Darling River system for the most part. Some portions of the "range" may only be 400 to 500 m high while the Great Dividing Range is highest in the South Eastern corner of the Australian mainland.

Sadly many tourists believe that a visit to Melbourne and Sydney is all that is necessary to visit Australia, but the reality is that there is much more to see in Australia than these two cities.

Shalom

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, that is just a small part of the continent, and Victoria is just a small part of Australia. :D

Here is some data to show you: -

View attachment 10369

An interesting fact is that Great Britain is around 15,000 sq. kms bigger that the state of Victoria.

Another interesting fact is that the Great Dividing Range is not one mountain range but a series of ranges and plains that define the water shed line between predominantly the eastern coastal river systems and the western plains of Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. In Queensland parts of the "Great dividing Range is nothing more than a gentling rising and falling plain which decides whether the rain flows out to the eastern sea board or into the Murray Darling River system for the most part. Some portions of the "range" may only be 400 to 500 m high while the Great Dividing Range is highest in the South Eastern corner of the Australian mainland.

Sadly many tourists believe that a visit to Melbourne and Sydney is all that is necessary to visit Australia, but the reality is that there is much more to see in Australia than these two cities.

Shalom
Thank-you for the statistics and information.

I'd like to see Ayer's Rock/Uluru and The Olgas, and SA and WA, but I've probably left it too late now.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Melbourne... Four seasons in one day

four-seasons.png

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@farouk did you get any if that snow USA recently got?

Meanwhile in Australia Spring has really Sprung. And has shown up immediately just about.

Reactions: farouk

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Cold Front down from Canada down into Colorado with an early snowstorm which moved the south east into the Oklahoma panhandle they had measurable snow. No snow in the rest of Oklahoma, which includes where I live but record breaking low temperatures for highs for this date for most of the state. From highs in the upper 90's in one day's time we plunged to highs in the low to mid 50's. For precipitation we had only a very cold heavy rain. The extreme is gone now but it did away with the brunt of hot summer and has brought us to a real Autumn for the next couple of weeks highs remaining in the very lows 80's which makes for a pleasant time outdoors for those able to enjoy it.

Reactions: Hidden In Him