What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you have now got the rain ………..
I still don’t understand how people can sit on the beach when it is that hot !!

No rain here in Plymouth UK yet, but there were a few dry peals of thunder out over the english channel yesterday, yippee i lurv a good storm..:)
As for beaches I suppose the sea breeze cools 'em off, we haven't got a beach here so they have to sit up on the grassy Hoe, here's the Beatles up there taking a break from filming Magical Mystery Tour in 1967-

beatles-plym-1967.jpg

And here's a modern pic of tourists sitting in the same spot, there's a plaque there commemorating the Fab Fours visit.
The lighthouse was painted red/white after 1967, I live about half a mile on the other side of it-

beatle-tourists-plym.jpg

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Meanwhile here in Southeastern Australia, we woke up to frosty morning and ice on the car, my lock was also frozen, had to throw water on it a few times for the key to go in.
I forgot that you lot in oz are a different way round to most of us here, still can’t relate to your Christmas celebration being in summer. I use to watch the reality program from Bondi Beach…….
Well I hope it doesn’t get too cold xxxx

Reactions: Josho

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you have now got the rain ………..
I still don’t understand how people can sit on the beach when it is that hot !!
Still no rain here in the NW @Rita but mushc, much cooler and hoping for rain.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that normal for your part of the world? It definitely isn't anywhere near normal of us in the UK. Even certain elements of our infrastructure isn't built to withstand such extreme temps.
It's above normal. Plus we have higher humidity to make things even worse. The heat index is sometimes more like 110-115 degrees.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's above normal. Plus we have higher humidity to make things even worse. The heat index is sometimes more like 110-115 degrees.
@Pearl Over we have had both torrential rain and bright and hot sunny weather........
i would love some torrential rain after the extreme record breaking heat of the last few days.

Reactions: mailmandan

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah there are plenty of people walking around here too, looking like burnt toast..:)
I saw on the news last night that our railways are only designed to withstand temps of 35.5C as we never used to have temps of more than that. They just can't cope with the record high temps we've had. Gritting the roads too in some places and keeping bridges open by various methods. Did you have to work through it? @Dropship

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Most of us here don't have AC as we aren't used to having to cope with highs of much more than 25C.

I managed to keep the temp in the front of my house down to 22.5 for a couple of days and then it really went sky high and I had to use my pillar fan. Back to a very nice normal today though 22C. Now we need some rain.

Reactions: mailmandan

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
SEI_115366773-1.jpg

The iconic Aysgarth Falls, known for their starring role in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, have dried up in the heatwave.

Waterways and reservoirs are quickly evaporating as temperatures exceed 40°C for the first time ever in the UK.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
SEI_115366773-1.jpg

The iconic Aysgarth Falls, known for their starring role in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, have dried up in the heatwave.

Waterways and reservoirs are quickly evaporating as temperatures exceed 40°C for the first time ever in the UK.
@Pearl With a name like that, sounds like they would be in the Pennines someplace....

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I saw on the news last night that our railways are only designed to withstand temps of 35.5C as we never used to have temps of more than that. They just can't cope with the record high temps we've had. Gritting the roads too in some places and keeping bridges open by various methods. Did you have to work through it? @Dropship

What's this thing called "work"?
Oh, now I remember, it was something I had to do before I retired 14 years ago..:)
Nowadays I spend my days duffing people up in online computer games and doing the rounds of internet forums strutting my stuff, or being a couch potato munching popcorn while watching sci-fi films,..:)
Below: The Thames dries up in a future heatwave-

scifi-london.jpg

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What's this thing called "work"?
Oh, now I remember, it was something I had to do before I retired 14 years ago..:)
Nowadays I spend my days duffing people up in online computer games and doing the rounds of internet forums strutting my stuff, or being a couch potato munching popcorn while watching sci-fi films,..:)
Below: The Thames dries up in a future heatwave-

View attachment 24491
Let's hope not. But it may be in danger of flooding the capital.