When and what is the thousand years? Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Satan can no longer accuse us before the throne because Christ has made us perfect.

Hebrews 10:14
For by one sacrifice, he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Jesus declared that satan fell from heaven after the disciples went out to preach the kingdom of God.

Luke 10:18
18 He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

In Luke 4:5-6 Satan declares that the nations are his. This was before the death and resurrection of Jesus.
5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.

The nations of the world had not heard about Jesus until the gospel was spread by the apostles. Now they can choose not to be deceived by Satan anymore because the gospel was preached to the whole world.

We are told that the gospel is preached to the whole world in Colossians 1:23

23if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Titus 3:3-7 shows us that we were once deceived but now the Holy Spirit has saved us.

3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

Colossians 1:24-27

24 Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. 25 I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— 26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people.

Paul states above that a great mystery has been revealed which is Christ in us. This mystery was hidden for ages and generations but now satan is bound from deceiving us if we choose because of the gospel which reveals this mystery.

Ephesians 3:2-11
2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In Ephesians 3:1-11 Paul teaches us that he is to reveal a mystery that was kept from past generations which is that the gentile nations are also heirs together with Israel. This mystery was revealed by the Holy Spirit through the gospel. It was hidden in the past ages but now it is to be made known to the rulers and authorities of the heavenly realms.

Matthew 16:15-20
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church and the gates of Hades] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

In Matthew 16:15-20 Peter declares that Jesus is the Christ the son of God. Jesus then tells Peter that He will build His on church on Himself and hell will not overcome it. Peter is given the keys to heaven and told that whatever he binds or loosed on earth will also be bound and loosed in heaven. The church also has this same power we have the same Holy Spirit. This shows us that the binding is spiritual and so is the loosened from our sins. I think this shows us that the great chain in Revelation 20:1 is the power of the Holy Spirit through the spreading of the gospel through the church.

The 1000-year reign of the saints

I believe that the 1000-year reign starts as each individual Christian dies and it is not limited to the ones who were beheaded. If we take the 1000-year reign literally in Revelation chapter 20 then only the saints beheaded will come back to life and reign. Stephen the first martyr would not come back to life and reign because he was stoned to death either would Peter who was crucified. John, who this vision was given to, would not reign either as we believe that he died of natural causes, but Paul would come back to life and reign because he was beheaded. The literal interpretation would not make sense in this case.

I believe that this resurrection in Revelation chapter 20 shows us that we will reign with Jesus after death, and it was given to encourage the church.

When are we resurrected?

I believe that we are spiritually resurrected when we accept Jesus as our savior and also resurrected when we die as Christians as Paul taught below in

Romans 6:3-13
3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.

Paul also taught us that we are already alive with Christ in the first spiritual resurrection even when we were dead in sin and that we have been (past tense) raised up with Christ in

Ephesians 2:4-6
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Reactions: APAK

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When are we resurrected?
Do not conflate birth with resurrection. Do not conflate being born of the Spirit with the resurrection of the body. The New Testament never speaks of resurrection in terms of anything except the resurrection of the body. None of the many New Testament verses talking about resurrection are talking about anything else other than the resurrection of the body, and none of the Greek words speaking about the resurrection of the body conflate this with being born of the Spirit.

According to the New Testament we will be resurrected when Christ returns to take His seat as King of all the kingdoms of the world.

13 But I would not have you ignorant, brothers, concerning those who are asleep, that you be not grieved, even as others who have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will also bring with Him all those who have fallen asleep through Jesus.
15 For we say this to you by the Word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord shall not go before those who are asleep.
16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord.
18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

"And the seventh angel sounded. And there were great voices in Heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ. And He will reign forever and ever." Revelation 11:15.

1 Corinthians 15:22-26
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first-fruit (aparchḗ), and afterward (épeita) they who are Christ's at His coming; then (eîta) is the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He makes to cease all rule and all authority and power. for it is right for Him to reign until He has put all the enemies under His feet. The last enemy made to cease is death.

1 Timothy 3:10
And let these also first (prōton) be proved; then (eîta) let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.

There's a period of time appointed between the proton and the eita in the above verse.

Mark 4:17
And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward (eîta), when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word’s sake, immediately they are offended."

There's a period of time between the proton and the eita in the above verse.

Mark 4:28
For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first (prōton) the blade, then (eîta) the ear, after that (eîta) the full corn in the ear."

There's a period of time between the proton and the first eita, and between the first eita and the second eita in the above verse.

1 Timothy 2:13
For Adam was first formed, then (eîta) Eve.

There was a period of time between the proton and the eita in the above verse.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first-fruit (aparchḗ), and afterward (épeita) they who are Christ's at His coming; then (eîta) is the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He makes to cease all rule and all authority and power. for it is right for Him to reign until He has put all the enemies under His feet. The last enemy made to cease is death.

Not only is there a period of time between implied between the first-fruit (aparchḗ) and the afterward (épeita), but there is a period of time not merely implied, but actually declared in Revelation 20 between the afterward (épeita) and the eita (then) in 1 Corinthians 15:24.

Namely, a thousand years between the coming of Christ and the destruction of death.

"But of this present time [nŷn] we see not yet all things put under him." Hebrews 2:8

"but of this present time [nŷn] is my kingdom not from hence." John 18:36.

"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews:

but of this present time [nŷn] is my kingdom not from hence." John 18:36.

"And the seventh angel sounded. And there were great voices in Heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ. And He will reign forever and ever." Revelation 11:15.

The Kingdom of Christ is IN this world until He returns. All the scriptures you quote in your threads are showing this fact.

And the kingdoms of this world WILL BECOME His kingdoms when He returns. All the scriptures you quote in your threads are showing this fact.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do not conflate birth with resurrection. Do not conflate being born of the Spirit with the resurrection of the body. The New Testament never speaks of resurrection in terms of anything except the resurrection of the body. None of the many New Testament verses talking about resurrection are talking about anything else other than the resurrection of the body, and none of the Greek words speaking about the resurrection of the body conflate this with being born of the Spirit.

According to the New Testament we will be resurrected when Christ returns to take His seat as King of all the kingdoms of the world.

13 But I would not have you ignorant, brothers, concerning those who are asleep, that you be not grieved, even as others who have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will also bring with Him all those who have fallen asleep through Jesus.
15 For we say this to you by the Word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord shall not go before those who are asleep.
16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord.
18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Timothy 3:10
And let these also first (prōton) be proved; then (eîta) let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.

There's a period of time appointed between the proton and the eita in the above verse.

Mark 4:17
And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward (eîta), when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word’s sake, immediately they are offended."

There's a period of time between the proton and the eita in the above verse.

Mark 4:28
For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first (prōton) the blade, then (eîta) the ear, after that (eîta) the full corn in the ear."

There's a period of time between the proton and the first eita, and between the first eita and the second eita in the above verse.

1 Timothy 2:13
For Adam was first formed, then (eîta) Eve.

There was a period of time between the proton and the eita in the above verse.

Not only is there a period of time between implied between the first-fruit (aparchḗ) and the afterward (épeita), but there is a period of time not merely implied, but actually declared in Revelation 20 between the afterward (épeita) and the eita (then) in 1 Corinthians 15:24.

Namely, a thousand years between the coming of Christ and the destruction of death.

"But of this present time [nŷn] we see not yet all things put under him." Hebrews 2:8

"but of this present time [nŷn] is my kingdom not from hence." John 18:36.

"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews:

but of this present time [nŷn] is my kingdom not from hence." John 18:36.

The Kingdom of Christ is IN this world until He returns. All the scriptures you quote in your threads are showing this fact.

And the kingdoms of this world WILL BECOME His kingdoms when He returns. All the scriptures you quote in your threads are showing this fact.
The first resurrection is spiritual you are avoiding all of the scriptures that I provided to show my points

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The first resurrection is spiritual you are avoiding all of the scriptures that I provided to show my points
Provide one scripture in the New Testament talking about resurrection or rising again that's talking about the resurrection being spiritual please.

Otherwise you are showing yourself up to be making a false claim.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Provide one scripture in the New Testament talking about resurrection or rising again that's talking about the resurrection being spiritual please.

Otherwise you are showing yourself up to be making a false claim.
I have already

4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Colossians 3:1
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

John 5:24-26
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;

Romans 6:3-5
Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,

Colossians 2:13
When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,

Colossians 3:1-2
Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.

Last edited:
Reactions: covenantee

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have already

You've already quoted a scripture that speaks about the resurrection of the body - Christ's bodily resurrection - and claimed that it's referring to a "spiritual" resurrection in the above quote, by your own ignoring of the clear and consistent distinction between being quickened (zōopoiéō) with Christ (syzōopoiéō), and bodily raised (egeírō) with Christ's bodily resurrection (synegeírō),

You have conflated the two, and in the process you have falsely implied that scripture is false when it tells us our bodies are still dead:

"If Christ's Spirit is in you, your body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit (of Christ) is your life [zoe] because of (Christ's) righteousness. Moreover if the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, the one who raised Christ from the dead will also quicken [zōopoiéō: make your mortal bodies alive] through his Spirit who lives in you." -- (Romans 8:10-11).

Your theology that is based in your belief in a "spiritual" resurrection is dead in the water.
Colossians 3:1
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
So you're seated with Christ in your dead body?

Or is His Spirit in you through your birth by the Spirit and you are therefore seated with Him because He is in you and you are in Him through birth by His Spirit?

You are not yet risen from the dead. Scripture does not lie:

"If Christ's Spirit is in you, your body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit (of Christ) is your life [zoe] because of (Christ's) righteousness. Moreover if the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, the one who raised Christ from the dead will also quicken [zōopoiéō: make your mortal bodies alive] through his Spirit who lives in you." -- (Romans 8:10-11).

The same as below:

John 5:24-26
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;

Romans 6:3-5
Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,

Colossians 2:13
Verse Concepts
When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,

Colossians 3:1-2
Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You've already quoted a scripture that speaks about the resurrection of the body - Christ's bodily resurrection - and claimed that it's referring to a "spiritual" resurrection in the above quote, by your own ignoring of the clear and consistent distinction between being quickened (zōopoiéō) with Christ (syzōopoiéō), and bodily raised (egeírō) with Christ's bodily resurrection (synegeírō),

You have conflated the two, and in the process you have falsely implied that scripture is false when it tells us our bodies are still dead:

Your theology that is based in your belief in a "spiritual" resurrection is dead in the water.

So you're seated with Christ in your dead body?

Or is His Spirit in you through your birth by the Spirit and you are therefore seated with Him because He is in you and you are in Him through birth by His Spirit?

You are not yet risen from the dead. Scripture does not lie:

The same as below:
My whole point is that the ones in Revelation 20:4 are spiritually raised with Christ. The verse is saying that weather we are dead physically or not we are still raised with Christ spiritually.

You can't ignore my point that weather they physically died by being headed or stoned to death they would also reign in revelation 20:4.

Reactions: APAK

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
My whole point is that the ones in Revelation 20:4 are spiritually raised with Christ. The verse is saying that weather we are dead physically or not we are still raised with Christ spiritually.

You can't ignore my point that weather they physically died by being headed or stoned to death they would also reign in revelation 20:4.
Revelation 20:4-6 is talking about souls who John saw alive in their bodies (zao) after having been beheaded for their refusal to worship the beast or his image or receive his mark or the number of his name. John calls it the first resurrection of the body (anastasis).

The word zao is only used in reference to people alive in their own bodies in the New Testament. The word anastasis is only used in reference to the resurrection of the body.

You may choose to ignore the above facts and the location in time (after the beast had risen from the abyss which caused their death), but whatever people choose to do with the scriptures, many thousands (like myself) choose to let scripture say what it means and not to 'adjust' its meaning to comply with a theology some have chosen to believe that requires it to mean something it does not say.