When did Old Testament saints receive the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with this, but when I called it the "good side of hell," there were objections.
Sad that you can't tell the difference between the side Abraham was on, and 'hell' on the other side of Paradise where the 'rich man' was taken to.

Any thoughts as to when Abraham saw 'Jesus' day?' A vision when Abraham was alive? Was Abraham watching Jesus from "the good side of hell?"
See Hebrews 7 where Apostle Paul revealed that Jesus was the Melchisedec that met Abraham. That's how far back in history when Jesus met Abraham. Genesis 18 is another example as Jesus stayed talking with Abraham while the two angels He had appeared with were sent to Sodom and Gomorrah to bring Lot and his out of that place.

Thus your SLANDERS against Christ and Abraham in the above reveal how serious you are about Christ's Salvation.

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit of God dwelt within Joseph, not a once in a while kind of thing

(A Man In Whom The Spirit Of God Is)

Genesis 41:38-42KJV
38 And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?
39 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
41 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
42 And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;
Genesis 41:
15 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I have dreamed a dream, and there is none that can interpret it: and I have heard say of thee, that thou canst understand a dream to interpret it.
16 And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace.

In Babylon, they said the same thing about Daniel, but it was not true in either case.

The Spirit of God did not dwell in Joseph. Joseph had faith that the Holy Spirit would come upon him as it did with many others.
The Spirit of God came upon David and never left (From That Day Forward)

1 Samuel 16:13KJV
13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.
Did it never leave, or did it just return every day. Did David's spirit ascend into heaven when he died?

The OT gives plenty of examples of the Spirit coming upon, while the NT gives plenty of examples of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

1 Corinthians 1:30 "30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:"
1 Corinthians 3:16 "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

Is this the transition?
Isaiah 59:
20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.
21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte