When did the universal Church first mentioned in 110AD stop being universal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's a harsh dogmatic statement that I would never mak
no idea what dogmatic is, but its ture, and yes for him to tell you that you rejected Christ and all His works for your religion he may well have to do teh same for his, Its teh problem with reigiln leaves out God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
MJRH..you are being kind of tough on your mother church aren't you?
Considering i dont go to church i think not, and since you arttend a daughter of teh harlot, you should talk. You really are an angry man.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
Considering i dont go to church i think not, and since you arttend a daughter of teh harlot, you should talk. You really are an angry man.
MJRH...are you psychic? If so you not doing a very good job...no anger at all, just sympathy.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
MJRH...are you psychic? If so you not doing a very good job...no anger at all, just sympathy.
I hope one day you meet Jesus you will see how wrong you are.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
tom55 said:
The words "the Catholic Church " ( he katholike ekklesia ) is found in a letter of Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans and it was written about the year 110: "Wheresoever the bishop shall appear, there let the people be, even as where Jesus may be, there is the universal Church."

Historically we know that Ignatius was a student of the Apostle John. If a student of an Apostle is calling the Church "universal" and saying where ever the bishop is that is where Jesus is then that leads me to wonder WHO is the bishop he is talking about?

When did that universal Church, being led by a bishop or bishops, stop being universal and stop being led by bishop(s)??
NEVER.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
tom55 said:
You bear false witness when you make the claim of a "false RCC doctrine of justification by works, instead of by faith". The Church teaches justification by faith AND works.
Jesus teaches justification by belief and faith. Rom 10:10 NIV. don't you know? Jesus + 0. .

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law Romans 3.31
It is doers of the law that are justified, not hearers. Romans 2.13
Those that say the know Him and keep not His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them 1st John 2.4
Faith without works is dead James 2.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
re liars and the truth is not in them 1st John 2.4
YEs well we know you dont so you dont have to eplain to us. so by your own words a sinner and a liar you are.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
YEs well we know you dont so you dont have to eplain to us. so by your own words a sinner and a liar you are.
It seems you do not like the Biblical quote from Apostle John...if you do not want to keep God's commandments, John tells you what you are...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and yet you dont and what does the bible say

Rom_3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

1Jn_1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Cant win a sinner you are on all accounts that is why Christ shed His blood for you.

Rom_2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

of course you could choose grace. im sure you will ignore that too.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
and yet you dont and what does the bible say

Rom_3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

1Jn_1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Cant win a sinner you are on all accounts that is why Christ shed His blood for you.

Rom_2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

of course you could choose grace. im sure you will ignore that too.
Jesus with the Holy Spirit, through God's grace will forgive your sins, but then repentance comes next (stop sinning) and start following God's commandments...then one you can say you are "saved"....
Yes even you MJRH have sinned, even though you appear to be in denial....time to turn away from sin...Apostle John in 1st John says "sin is transgression of God's law"....
But for those following the mother church in Rome, such as yourself denial of God's will and word for your life falls on deaf ears...you would sooner follow Rome's plan for you "salvation"....
Isn't free will wonderful?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus with the Holy Spirit, through God's grace will forgive your sins, but then repentance comes next (stop sinning) and start following God's commandments...then one you can say you are "saved"....
Yes even you MJRH have sinned, even though you appear to be in denial....time to turn away from sin...Apostle John in 1st John says "sin is transgression of God's law"....
But for those following the mother church in Rome, such as yourself denial of God's will and word for your life falls on deaf ears...you would sooner follow Rome's plan for you "salvation"....
Isn't free will wonderful?
you dont read my posts do you???

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I read the Bible and follow God's word and the teachings of Jesus in the Gospels...you should try it sometime, you would definitely learn something..
I follow Christ I listen to the leading of the Holy spirit, I hear His voice, you should try listening to Him some day He disnt Dead.

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Joh_10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

and

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

thats why i cannot go to church, that is why i do not follow after men that is why the walk is so hard. but as He said

Mat_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

He is teh way and there is no other

you boast of your works Ill glorify Him.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Heb 13:8 said:
Jesus teaches justification by belief and faith. Rom 10:10 NIV. don't you know? Jesus + 0. .
Loving your neighbor as yourself is good works, don't you know?

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Heb 13:8 said:
AND how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. (James 2:24, KJV)

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
heretoeternity said:
such as yourself denial of God's will and word for your life falls on deaf ears...
I guess we'll see at the Bema Seat who ise there, you or mjr. I can't wait, can you?

mjrhealth said:
thats why i cannot go to church, that is why i do not follow after men that is why the walk is so hard.
same here. I actually hate church. I hate everything about it. I always did. there was always something about religion that irks me.

kepha31 said:
Loving your neighbor as yourself is good works, don't you know?
won't get you into heaven though. what gets you into heaven kepha?

tom55 said:
AND how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. (James 2:24, KJV)
but on the finished work of the cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.