When God is Silent

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you are sinless? You never have anger in your heart at anyone? You never act selfishly And seek your own way? Your theology is useless and its a fiction. How can it help ordinary men in their struggles towards God and their struggles to overcome worry, etc.?

Of course I have sinned, and will sin in the future. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Sin merely means falling short of the mark, or the desired objective.

Paul never said we would be free from sin. He said that we are free from the LAW of sin and death.
Therefore we cannot be condemned under the LAW, but someday we will be rewarded at the Bema Seat Judgement for the good we have done.

The alternative to the LAW is GRACE. Do you have a problem with that?

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I have sinned, and will sin in the future. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Sin merely means falling short of the mark, or the desired objective.

Paul never said we would be free from sin. He said that we are free from the LAW of sin and death.
Therefore we cannot be condemned under the LAW, but someday we will be rewarded at the Bema Seat Judgement for the good we have done.

The alternative to the LAW is GRACE. Do you have a problem with that?

What I had a problem with was you saying it it's impossible for us to sin. You replied to me much different in post #74. You said, yes, that's what I am saying!

As always, the fracture is in men declaring themselves to be holy and to be walking in the Spirit at all times, which leads to then having to use the words from God to prove they are holy and walking in the Spirit at all times, when they aren't and are doing no such thing.

It only further underscores the importance of understanding the difference between righteous and holy, and between walking in the Spirit and having a deposit of the Spirit.

It all wouldn't be such a big problem if men were honest in their appraisals.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I agree. But no baby leaps from the womb and starts running, so...
I agree. After studying Scripture for 65 years, I am always learning new things, and continuously confronted with new challenges. And some of those new challenges are extremely difficult, but I just plod on.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I had a problem with was you saying it it's impossible for us to sin. You replied to me much different in post #74. You said, yes, that's what I am saying!
Perhaps I worded it poorly, but all I was trying to say, is that you can't break a LAW that does not exist.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eh. And maybe we just say things and hear things differently. I think God still hates murder and still commands us not to do it. I just think His focus now is anger in our hearts, because its what proceeds to murder. So when one says there is no more law and therefore it's impossible to break it, I think about anger in my heart and I disagree. If there were no law with God and it were therefore impossible to sin, He wouldn't have said anger in my heart is murder and lust in my heart is adultery.
So I need to know these things about breaking Gods law or I won't go to Him for the help I need with them but will instead just say, yeah everyone does it and I'm forgiven. But whoever asks for help will receive it.

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As always, the fracture is in men declaring themselves to be holy and to be walking in the Spirit at all times, which leads to then having to use the words from God to prove they are holy and walking in the Spirit at all times, when they aren't and are doing no such thing.

It only further underscores the importance of understanding the difference between righteous and holy, and between walking in the Spirit and having a deposit of the Spirit.

Marks, I can't understand why you hit like on the above post. I have said the same thing Epi says, yet you hit like.

Marks, you hit like on this post. I'm not trying to be in an argument, but it makes no sense to me. I have said what Epi says, so why are you liking it...? Just scratching my head a little bit.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Greetings brothers and sisters!
This is a subject I've been looking into for a little while now. Does this happen to everyone? I am thinking it does, at least to a certain extent. God was silent for 13 years with Abraham yet, his faith only grew stronger! Even David had his times of silence, not to mention poor Job.
It can be a very difficult thing to see His light inside our own personal darkness but, these dark times seem to be THE very time to immediately pray/praise Him!
There are many reasons, IMHO that He is silent with us sometimes (sometimes even to the point of desolation) it could be sin in our lives, or simply an opportunity to grow in faith...right smack dab through the darkest of times. Such an opportunity to seek Him! ~ and it can be the hardest thing to do when one feels as though they are having a one way conversation in a relationship with The Father. We KNOW He is still there because we believe His Word.
Does anybody have anything to add here? :)

nancy
"The storm that bowed Thy blessed head
Is hushed for ever now,
And rest divine is ours instead,
While glory crowns Thy brow."

For the believer, the claims of judgment are now silent for ever. :)

"It is finished."

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMO, massive struggles result from massive lack of faith and failure to submit to the Sovereignty of God.

This certainly is true. But also, the closer one gets to God, the more Satan will attack. This has borne out in my own life until I understood. Not to mention, God will test our faith...we grow through many trials and tribs. He grows our faith through all of them if we yield to Him.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This certainly is true. But also, the closer one gets to God, the more Satan will attack. This has borne out in my own life until I understood. Not to mention, God will test our faith...we grow through many trials and tribs. He grows our faith through all of them if we yield to Him.
I'm reminded of Hebrews 11: 'By faith...by faith...by faith...by faith..." :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marks, I can't understand why you hit like on the above post. I have said the same thing Epi says, yet you hit like.

Marks, you hit like on this post. I'm not trying to be in an argument, but it makes no sense to me. I have said what Epi says, so why are you liking it...? Just scratching my head a little bit.

Not for nothing Jen but...your posts (for me, anyhow) are easier to understand. I don't reply to allot of Epi's posts because most of them are way over my head and hard to understand...not the sharpest tack in the box, lol.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not for nothing Jen but...your posts (for me, anyhow) are easier to understand. I don't reply to allot of Epi's posts because most of them are way over my head and hard to understand...not the sharpest tack in the box, lol.

I understand that Nancy. His posts are sometimes difficult for me to understand too. Even when I know something is TRUE, I can go in and out of understanding it, by gosh!

But not answering someone's posts is different than attacking them over and over again, day after day.

The fact that someone would like a post in which I said the same thing Epi says, but in different words, while arguing against when epi says it, shows a problem.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that Nancy. His posts are sometimes difficult for me to understand too. Even when I know something is TRUE, I can go in and out of understanding it, by gosh!

But not answering someone's posts is different than attacking them over and over again, day after day.

The fact that someone would like a post in which I said the same thing Epi said, but in different words, while arguing against when epi says it, shows a problem.

"The fact that someone would like a post in which I said the same thing Epi said, but in different words, while arguing against when epi says it, shows a problem."

Indeed! Kind of like politics when one side brings something up for a vote and the other side votes it down but when they themselves bring the same issue to the floor, it's suddenly a "good" thing! Lol. ❤

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is Truth. Truth as it is, is silent. To be with Truth is to be also silent. Truth merges with those who are still, silent, and in absolute surrender. Truth fills the void of self. Unconditionality of Faith and Love is also silent. God speaks to us in silence in the worldly sense, but speaks/guides us by spiritual discernment.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is Truth. Truth as it is, is silent. To be with Truth is to be also silent. Truth merges with those who are still, silent, and in absolute surrender. Truth fills the void of self. Unconditionality of Faith and Love is also silent. God speaks to us in silence in the worldly sense, but speaks/guides us by spiritual discernment.

Thank you, and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Invisibilis