When God is Silent

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you guys understand I mean no offense, but when y’all say save now I hear lost as two boys etc etc

Well my point was kind of that Stan is maybe correct in a sense, But I detected some miraculous Dash tomorrow Dash divining going on, whereas in my opinion we are being “judged” today for what we did yesterday?

"And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,"
I hope you guys understand I mean no offense, but when y’all say save now I hear lost as two boys etc etc

Well my point was kind of that Stan is maybe correct in a sense, But I detected some miraculous Dash tomorrow Dash divining going on, whereas in my opinion we are being “judged” today for what we did yesterday?
"And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,... Hebrews 9:27. We are not being judged as of yet Mark...we pay for our wrong decisions while still in this body of skin but the judgment of our souls will not take place until after we die. That's what I believe anyhow.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,"

"And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,... Hebrews 9:27. We are not being judged as of yet Mark...we pay for our wrong decisions while still in this body of skin but the judgment of our souls will not take place until after we die. That's what I believe anyhow.
Ah you mean literally die right? Like the whole rest of the world believes, pretty much?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by saved?

The word "saved" is used in several different ways in the Word: "Have been saved, shall be saved and are being saved...so, which one are you speaking to? Things on this site have become so complicated and I KNOW that is not of God. I am being convicted of being on here too much, I have already cut back allot and think it's time to take a sabbatical from this forum. No offense Mark, I like you but...I do not need more confusion so...going to stick with The Word for awhile. Take care.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being alone is something God has given us the grace to be able to do. It makes us depend on Him even more. It also gives us the ability to serve Him even more. I still pray for your well being Truth. ❤

Thank You for Your response!
It will be a year ago, Oct 25th, that She Passed, It is still at times difficult to bear, BUT it has driven me to the word, and Prayer!
Time's are going to get worse, and I just want to be a Laborer in the Harvest, there is nothing more Important, or joyful than to plant, water, and Serve the One True God! Truly the only Joy left!
Be Blessed in Yashua

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The word "saved" is used in several different ways in the Word: "Have been saved, shall be saved and are being saved...so, which one are you speaking to? Things on this site have become so complicated and I KNOW that is not of God. I am being convicted of being on here too much, I have already cut back allot and think it's time to take a sabbatical from this forum. No offense Mark, I like you but...I do not need more confusion so...going to stick with The Word for awhile. Take care.
You don’t even know what Word is yet sweetie, No offense. Word must be heard. No shame in saying you believe you’re going to go somewhere after you literally die if that’s what you believe. Won’t make it true though

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So, I guess I could’ve put that better, But in my opinion most of the confusion about the definition of the word saved is due to the fact to we are taught the definition by people who have a vested interest in a certain point of view, maybe? Which I guess is why there is no judgment for believes in Scripture, So in a sense none of this is that important anyway?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You can believe you are going somewhere after you literally die for as long as you like I guess, you are still going to reap what you sow regardless

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No!! That really doesn't work for me, because "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8

So if we are free from the law, how can we possibly sin against a law that no longer exists?

Oh my gosh. Are you really saying this?? A law to not murder no longer exists for us? And because Gods law no longer exists, it is impossible for me to break it? It is impossible for us to sin? That's how you interpret that verse?

Reactions: Truth

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh my gosh. Are you really saying this?? A law to not murder no longer exists for us? And because Gods law no longer exists, it is impossible for me to break it? It is impossible for us to sin? That's how you interpret that verse?
Yep! I am really saying this; not only me, but the Apostle Paul.

The law of do not murder no longer exists for those who have committed their life to Christ, and are now filled with the Holy Spirit who is co-joined with our spirit as a unity. It is within our new nature to commit murder?? Is the Holy Spirit the author of murder??

Jesus stated to the unblieving Jews: "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44

Paul explains our freedom from the law in Romans 8:

"the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death."

"For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ"

"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."

37But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul explains our freedom from the law in Romans 8:

"the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death."

But how does being set free from the law of sin and death, (which says that the soul who sins must die), turn into an inability to sin...? That makes no sense to me.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But how does being set free from the law of sin and death, (which says that the soul who sins must die), turn into an inability to sin...? That makes no sense to me.
You are quoting the Law of the Old Covenant, which is made obsolete under the New Covenant.

But Jesus came to 'fulfill' the law, where on the cross He had completely fulfilled when on the cross He said "It is Finished." Until then, under the law, there was no forgiveness of sin, but merely atonement, which is merely a covering over sin.

Jesus brought about the New Covenant, and by doing so “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear. Heb. 8:6–13

Keeping of the law of the Old Covenant, has been made obsolete under the New. Our new relationship is now likened to how we relate to our bride. Our interaction with our bride is not governed by law but by love. We have no need of a book of rules to know what pleases our bride. We just instinctively know what will please her, and through love, we strive to meet that objective.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are quoting the Law of the Old Covenant, which is made obsolete under the New Covenant.

Yes...the law of the soul who sins will die is what we have been freed from. But you really didn't answer my question. How does being freed from : the soul who sins will die, turn into: a soul cannot sin?

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes...the law of the soul who sins will die is what we have been freed from. But you really didn't answer my question. How does being freed from : the soul who sins will die, turn into: a soul cannot sin?

Because under the New Covenant creates God creates within us a new heart and spirit.

Under the Old covenant, 30 “everyone will die for his own iniquity;"

But under the New Covenant,

31“Behold, days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the LORD. 33“But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the LORD, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34“They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the LORD, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” Jeremiah 31

And through Israel, we have redemption through Jesus Christ who has made this all possible for us.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because under the New Covenant creates God creates within us a new heart and spirit.

Under the Old covenant, 30 “everyone will die for his own iniquity;"

But under the New Covenant,

31“Behold, days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the LORD. 33“But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the LORD, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34“They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the LORD, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” Jeremiah 31

And through Israel, we have redemption through Jesus Christ who has made this all possible for us.

So you are sinless? You never have anger in your heart at anyone? You never act selfishly And seek your own way? Your theology is useless and its a fiction. How can it help ordinary men in their struggles towards God and their struggles to overcome worry, etc.?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean, a man receives Gods Spirit and he encounters massive struggle. To act as if he doesn't is futile, unreal and not practically helpful.