when I am covered in darkness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

By observation of the rhetoric in the above conversation what I see is quite common, you desire fellowship but haven’t found where you fit. This is why I’m suggesting independent bible study, there are multitudes out there in the world eager to tell you what you believe.
What do you truly want, do you want to hear from God, or do you want to take a chance on men delivering His message to you second hand?
God has given us teachers. There are no guarantees that one will find truth on his own... There are conflicting voices that takes wisdom and experience to discern.
But we need to feel free to challenge what we are taught. To ask questions. "Where is that found in scripture?". "Is there a 'thus Sayeth the Lord' in the Bible that supports your teaching? If not... Reject it, and search for someone who does use the Bible and the Bible only as the foundation of all faith and practice.

And @Funny bird , righteousness comes by faith. God has promised to cleanse you of all unrighteousness... Step aside, don't worry, and trust Him to accomplish that which He had promised. Just give Him the opportunity... Pray... Study the scriptures... And find a good fellowship of like minded people who love Jesus and love you. Irregardless of where you are in your walk with Him.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Merry Christmas @Funny bird

Even when we are unfaithful, he is Faithful. Therefore take comfort in your mental infirmity, because you can not trust your own judgement.

Trust that God loves you, and nothing can separate you from his love. It isn't because of anything you do or believe, but because of who he is.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
good advice thank you
I lay my cards on the table with God and play no games.
i will try but sometimes it just i couldn't tell which is lies and which is the truth

also i read this kind of novel

genre: over powered main character(op mc)
this is a chinese novel and if you are familiar with chinese novels they are full of blaspheme and wicked plot but this is almost the same as those hollywood movies

I only read these novels because of the unending chapters there's probably 2500+ chapters in it but i also think sometimes the mc is too wicked

and then i put up filters in order to read this fiction because i can't read this when there's a lot of blaspheme
God's word gives light to the simple
Men's words are slippery with false humility, double tonged and built on the fires of hell.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
uhm.. there's something weird in me after i went into a reunion on dec25 gmt+8 and after i go home

there's something in me that i can't point out this is probably because of your prayers

it seems that i've been reborn
Edited: after 2-3days of peace the moment i put this here it's gone i'm back to who i was again a sinner there's got to be someone pulling the string and toying with me

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
By observation of the rhetoric in the above conversation what I see is quite common, you desire fellowship but haven’t found where you fit. This is why I’m suggesting independent bible study, there are multitudes out there in the world eager to tell you what you believe.
What do you truly want, do you want to hear from God, or do you want to take a chance on men delivering His message to you second hand?
not really sure what i like because i have a mood disorder not sure what kind but it changes from time to time it was like a split personality i.e i did say these things but after an hour or few mins or a few days was wondering why i said those things regretted but what's it of? there's absolutely nothing i can do

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Can tell you the best defeat of reclusive and phobias and timid fear is reading every day and studying as He promised “learn of Me” and be set free
if i read the bible everyday while still continue on sinning=guilt and this guilt will discourage me from continuing

if i also read the bible everyday it will not set me free

you ask why? it's because there are some verses that will bind me to it telling me that you are one of these people and because you are one of them you will die the second death

and then there's also some verse that is positive to me telling that i can lived

and this then starts to confused me just like how paul said "don't work, work will only bind you to sin faith alone is enough!" and then james said "faith alone is not enough you have to do work"

now that i think about that person who said the truth will make you insane
it does makes sense now is this half truth?

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
God has given us teachers. There are no guarantees that one will find truth on his own... There are conflicting voices that takes wisdom and experience to discern.
But we need to feel free to challenge what we are taught. To ask questions. "Where is that found in scripture?". "Is there a 'thus Sayeth the Lord' in the Bible that supports your teaching? If not... Reject it, and search for someone who does use the Bible and the Bible only as the foundation of all faith and practice.

And @Funny bird , righteousness comes by faith. God has promised to cleanse you of all unrighteousness... Step aside, don't worry, and trust Him to accomplish that which He had promised. Just give Him the opportunity... Pray... Study the scriptures... And find a good fellowship of like minded people who love Jesus and love you. Irregardless of where you are in your walk with Him.
thanks this is the nearest answer i've already known so far soriano also said the same

but the thing is to be honest i don't think i've ever trusted the Lord it seems i've only trusted my judgement to the point that i also thought i fully trusted God i don't know how to trust or what should i think of

i.e
it looks like it will rain and i prayed it will not rain but the sky is so dark and there are already droplets of rain

so then i masked it unknowingly thinkin there was probably some people who needed this rain so i should not oppose it

so i just let it go of it's not your will to rain then it will not rain if it's your will then it will rain

or

i belittle myself infront of his people and of God

probably it's because there are a lot of people praying to God to rain will God even listen to a wicked person's voice? probably not?

and sometimes i also think if i pray will it work? so i choose to not pray(this is probably related to christ saying "i never knew you go away from me" because people never really trusted the son and the father)

it was always like this so what should i think? how do i trust? how to trust someone invisible?

edited: i believe in some of his words as truth but fully trusting while there are a lot of doubts is my downfall

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Merry Christmas @Funny bird

Even when we are unfaithful, he is Faithful. Therefore take comfort in your mental infirmity, because you can not trust your own judgement.

Trust that God loves you, and nothing can separate you from his love. It isn't because of anything you do or believe, but because of who he is.
late merry xmas too

because of who he is? based on his words few people will be saved

he loves all of us but if i don't seriously repent i would be left behind for a living dog is better than a dead lion

even if he loves us he is not a liar he follow his own words only few of us will be saved

B

brakelite

thanks this is the nearest answer i've already known so far soriano also said the same

but the thing is to be honest i don't think i've ever trusted the Lord it seems i've only trusted my judgement to the point that i also thought i fully trusted God i don't know how to trust or what should i think of

i.e
it looks like it will rain and i prayed it will not rain but the sky is so dark and there are already droplets of rain

so then i masked it unknowingly thinkin there was probably some people who needed this rain so i should not oppose it

so i just let it go of it's not your will to rain then it will not rain if it's your will then it will rain

or

i belittle myself infront of his people and of God

probably it's because there are a lot of people praying to God to rain will God even listen to a wicked person's voice? probably not?

and sometimes i also think if i pray will it work? so i choose to not pray(this is probably related to christ saying "i never knew you go away from me" because people never really trusted the son and the father)

it was always like this so what should i think? how do i trust? how to trust someone invisible?

edited: i believe in some of his words as truth but fully trusting while there are a lot of doubts is my downfall
Everyone is different. And God is fully aware of our differences, understand them, and deals with them accordingly. We come to him from different backgrounds, different experiences, we have different hopes, different abilities. So it is difficult for anyone to give accurate counsel to another person on specific steps to take in getting to know Jesus. But I think I can offer one thing coming from my own experience when I was first converted.
After years of drug and alcohol abuse and partying hard (1970s) and having surfing as my principle past time to the exclusion of everything and everyone else, in my early 20s I found my self lonely and depressed... The"good times" wasnt delivering. A friend asked, do you think God would approve of your current lifestyle?. I answered no... Eventually. And later that very night, asked God to make my life one He could approve of. Then I left everything up to Him. I think you need to do the same. Ask Him to take over.. To rule and reign over your life, and change it according to His will. I will bet a gazillion dollars that if you trust Him, according to His promise that if you ask anything according to His will He will do it for you, your life will take a radical turn for the better. The question is... How much do you want it?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if i read the bible everyday while still continue on sinning=guilt and this guilt will discourage me from continuing

you ask why? it's because there are some verses that will bind me to it telling me that you are one of these people and because you are one of them you will die the second death

and then there's also some verse that is positive to me telling that i can lived

and this then starts to confused me just like how paul said "don't work, work will only bind you to sin faith alone is enough!" and then james said "faith alone is not enough you have to do work"

the truth will set you free from emptiness and the bondage of corruption. Vanity. Christ didn’t promote himself but others. That is all I know. If He can’t free from emptiness...who can?

Reactions: Waiting on him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Hi; it's good to be diligent in Bible reading, prayerfully...

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Everyone is different. And God is fully aware of our differences, understand them, and deals with them accordingly. We come to him from different backgrounds, different experiences, we have different hopes, different abilities. So it is difficult for anyone to give accurate counsel to another person on specific steps to take in getting to know Jesus. But I think I can offer one thing coming from my own experience when I was first converted.
After years of drug and alcohol abuse and partying hard (1970s) and having surfing as my principle past time to the exclusion of everything and everyone else, in my early 20s I found my self lonely and depressed... The"good times" wasnt delivering. A friend asked, do you think God would approve of your current lifestyle?. I answered no... Eventually. And later that very night, asked God to make my life one He could approve of. Then I left everything up to Him. I think you need to do the same. Ask Him to take over.. To rule and reign over your life, and change it according to His will. I will bet a gazillion dollars that if you trust Him, according to His promise that if you ask anything according to His will He will do it for you, your life will take a radical turn for the better. The question is... How much do you want it?
i have a mood disorder it changes from time to time i.e i want it now but after a few mins i asked myself why did i want it again? after another few mins what was that feeling again?

i've forgotten myself who am i what i want

how do i exactly keep track?
and how do i let go?
how to just go with the flow?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
i have a mood disorder it changes from time to time i.e i want it now but after a few mins i asked myself why did i want it again? after another few mins what was that feeling again?

and how do i let go?
Philippians 4.8 is a good verse to remember; and Isaiah 55, which refers to forsaking thoughts that do not please God.

B

brakelite

and how do i let go?
Do you think God doesn't know about your mental state? Like I asked earlier... How much do you want change? How desperate are you? How hungry and thirsty are you? How empty?
You don't have to know now what you want to be, but you can be fully justified in wanting to be different... In whatever way God may choose to work in you according to His wisdom. And to whatever end product. You can trust Him. Because this life isn't about you, me, its about Him. And if you want Christ, then right now, this very minute, regardless of feelings, emotions, all the mind games we play with ourselves and the games the devil plays with us, you can trust Jesus to do what is best... In every circumstance and wherever you find yourself.

It is impossible for us, of ourselves, to escape from the pit of sin in which we are sunken. Our hearts are evil, and we cannot change them. “Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.” “The carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.” Job 14:4; Romans 8:7. Education, culture, the exercise of the will, human effort, all have their proper sphere, but here they are powerless. They may produce an outward correctness of behavior, but they cannot change the heart; they cannot purify the springs of life. There must be a power working from within, a new life from above, before men can be changed from sin to holiness. That power is Christ. His grace alone can quicken the lifeless faculties of the soul, and attract it to God, to holiness.
The Saviour said, “Except a man be born from above,” unless he shall receive a new heart, new desires, purposes, and motives, leading to a new life, “he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3, margin. The idea that it is necessary only to develop the good that exists in man by nature, is a fatal deception. “The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” “Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.” 1 Corinthians 2:14; 3:7. Of Christ it is written, “In Him was life; and the life was the light of men”—the only “name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” John 1:4; Acts 4:12.
It is not enough to perceive the loving-kindness of God, to see the benevolence, the fatherly tenderness, of His character. It is not enough to discern the wisdom and justice of His law, to see that it is founded upon the eternal principle of love. Paul the apostle saw all this when he exclaimed, “I consent unto the law that it is good.” “The law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.” But he added, in the bitterness of his soul-anguish and despair, “I am carnal, sold under sin.” Romans 7:16, 12, 14. He longed for the purity, the righteousness, to which in himself he was powerless to attain, and cried out, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?” Romans 7:24, margin. Such is the cry that has gone up from burdened hearts in all lands and in all ages. To all, there is but one answer, “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
the point is.. i.e if you ask what is my favorite color

i would say red and black

the next moment

i would say white
the next moment

i would say blue
the next moment

i would say yellow
the next moment

i would say green
the next moment

i would say cyan
the next moment

i would say red
the next moment

i would say gray
the next moment

i would say orange

why don't i just say rainbow then
because my wanting for something changes from time to time

how am i supposed to continue if i don't where i am or who i am or what i currently want?

there's no bookmark that is why i take notes and when i read those notes of mine is this really mine? did i really wrote this?

this is the point

EDITED: or maybe my point is not really hard

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
John's First Epistle has wonderful references to light: associated with walking faith with the Lord Jesus, Who cleanses His people from their sins.