when I am covered in darkness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it seems you are suggesting to serve God

how to stop sinning?
repent>tempted>struggle>sin>guilt>depress>haunt>hope there's the cycle back to repentance and get tempted again then the fight next is the fall and another fall till you reach the bottom after moving on seeking shelter again finally standing up just to fall *sigh*
Bottom line, Gods Grace and acceptance of you is not dependent upon your performance.
You’ll find many here and around you that tell you otherwise, this is only because their unaware of their true state. The thing is without the Spirit of God bringing you to the awareness of your sin you can not see it, this is good news (means He’s working on you) rejoice.
Read His word and put Christ in the center of all you read (not yourself, this makes you self centered and not Christ centered) find some one to serve.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
everytime i repent and take a closer to the Lord someone just keeps on dragging me down it was like someone took me for a plaything so after i repent i keep doing the same sin over and over again till guilt filled me and i can't get back up from it

described what you speak of to my grandchildren as: those who tear down rather than build up. Or simply put to them, “don’t be a tearer-downer; be a builder-upper.” Understand this angst you experience. Being kicked over and over while your down...drowning even and every time your head breaks water to draw a breath...it seems you are being held, pushed under the water by those who want you dead. The word actually speaks a lot on it saying some tear down and some restore, rebuild. not even sure it is selective to pointing out people but instead revealing walking in the flesh tears down while the Spirit of God restores and renews and refreshes. Consider “they of Him will build the waste places”. what if those waste places are people? God picks up what has been cast into the dung heap, and lifts it up in Him. I’m sick of tearing down and destroying. I did it to my children and every day I watch my grandchildren and see they are obviously being told they are waste and treated as such....torn down. I’m tired of planting seeds alongside the enemy in subtle little message that validate the message of someone being waste or trash.

my heart seems like rock hard how to feel love though? i have forgotten how to feel these feelings since then that i planned to suicide but my plan was ruined by the person who introduces me to God

saddened to hear you’ve thought of suicide before. can not tell you those that beat you down will stop. But you can be of something different: restoration instead of destruction. Restoring what has been wasted. God called this restoration the ministration of the Spirit and to walk in restoring rather than walking in wasting and destruction. He said this walking in restoration and building again is not empty. Not empty. I’ve Struggled with all you’ve mention so you are not alone. I’ve struggled with going back to the flesh and planting those same seeds of emptiness in myself and in others. But God says Trust Him and there is value in staying ....dead unto the old way but alive unto God...even when they beat you down...In Him and walking another way, being of restoration and reconciliation instead of destruction. That is not checking out. That is plugging in to what matters which is restoration and reconciliation of people who are like you ...have been wasted.

this morning i dream't of a pure sisterly love but i woke up because it was a lie after waking up i felt the feeling that i was longing for i missed that kind of feeling very much but it was a lie because that person was like acts like i was a stranger or someone no one it was like we are not blood related and today will be her wedding day we were close back when we were still kids but because of my foolishness of wanting to leave this world i messed my life up

had a lot of cruel things said to me and about me but you want to know what hurt the most and cut the deepest. I told my husband I was going to contact an old friend to see how she is doing. Told my husband how she is the kind of friend you can call anytime and it is as if you never stopped talking to each other. Well, she completely blew me off and has not responded since. It hurt more than being called any degrading name. I get it. God never said people would not fail you. In fact He said they do and will fail and How He is the One that does not fail.(I will never leave nor forsake). If you lived near me...I would hope as part of the church body I would edify you and build up ...walking in the Spirit yes...but in the flesh with its rule, I would Certainly fail you. The Spirit doesn’t fail you...flesh does. don’t define your value by what fails. (Of course something I too need to hear probably everyday)

now i am suffering with emptiness feelings my feelings are too insensitive the only things i always feel is hatred and depression

why don't i just go to him? if i go to him will i stop feeling that someone is toying with me? i'll try again hopefully... oh how many times have i said this... just how many times...

God said He “renews strength” daily... one day at a time.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

how to stop sinning?
repent>tempted>struggle>sin>guilt>depress>haunt>hope there's the cycle back to repentance and get tempted again then the fight next is the fall and another fall till you reach the bottom after moving on seeking shelter again finally standing up just to fall *sigh*

I suffered severe condemnation in my young adult life trying to be a perfect Christian and never sinning.....sounds easy enough doesn't it? Well, Jesus said even if we "think" it...it is a sin....now those thoughts are something of another matter...harder to control than the flesh! Anyway, I remember becoming so discouraged because I kept messing up that I cried out to God and told Him "I give up!, this Christianity thing is too hard! No matter how hard I try I always mess up!".....that is when I heard Him speak to me for the first time and He let me know that He was my Father and that no matter how many times I messed up He would never stop loving me....yes He chastens and corrects me as an earthly parent does with their children...but as an earthly parent who patiently teaches their child right and wrong...when the child does mess up they simply correct them with whatever means of discipline they deem necessary.....your Father in Heaven understands you are incapable of being totally sinless without the spiritual strength and maturity it takes to walk that walk.....if you will just repent daily and let Him continue to help you grow you will find it easier as time goes on to resist the temptation to sin. Satan puts condemnation on us and reminds us all the time what a horrible Christian we are and constantly putting guilt on us because of that sin but he is a liar....Jesus said there is no condemnation for those who are in Him, who walk after the spirit and not the flesh....
The only way that I know of to be capable of resisting the temptation to sin is to pray everyday, read His word everyday, repent daily, stay faithful to attending church and be under a pastor's teaching, to put on the Armor of God everyday, and finally to never give up and to finish the race to the end.
Praying the Lord's Prayer is good...it kind of covers most of what we are to do as a whole.
Cast your burden on Jesus....take on His yoke for His yoke is easy.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
how can i ... nor do I even know what to do

when I think about the fact that no one wants me in this world

because there really isn't

so my feeling there is also nothing

i do not know where will i go or where to go

once pride has wrapped in my heart automatically i will still drive forward while still looking back and feeling guilt

I also don't know why I don't go to God instead
My experience is that God cuts through the darkness, the blindness, the inability to know what and how to do. At that cross road I have a choice. I made that choice and my conscious journey started. It has been rocky and narrow and lonely much of the time yet not always. It is dispersed with hope and vision and strength. It continues with ongoing challenges. I stay consciously connected to the vine and his promise comes through.
Repentance is a present continuous mind set. Do I grovel? No.....I lay my cards on the table with God and play no games. He strengthens me to resist sin while being guided by his word and his still small voice.......There is forgiveness and peace.....guilt is banished.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
What is this great sin that is beyond Gods Grace? Paul said with my mind I serve Christ, with my body I serve sin.
oh

Romans 8

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

if paul is walking in spirit is he also walking in the flesh..

ah.. eh serving God in the mind while serving sin in the body o_O? this feels like paul is day dreaming just like
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

faith alone? without work?
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I suffered severe condemnation in my young adult life trying to be a perfect Christian and never sinning.....sounds easy enough doesn't it? Well, Jesus said even if we "think" it...it is a sin....now those thoughts are something of another matter...harder to control than the flesh! Anyway, I remember becoming so discouraged because I kept messing up that I cried out to God and told Him "I give up!, this Christianity thing is too hard! No matter how hard I try I always mess up!".....that is when I heard Him speak to me for the first time and He let me know that He was my Father and that no matter how many times I messed up He would never stop loving me....yes He chastens and corrects me as an earthly parent does with their children...but as an earthly parent who patiently teaches their child right and wrong...when the child does mess up they simply correct them with whatever means of discipline they deem necessary.....your Father in Heaven understands you are incapable of being totally sinless without the spiritual strength and maturity it takes to walk that walk.....if you will just repent daily and let Him continue to help you grow you will find it easier as time goes on to resist the temptation to sin. Satan puts condemnation on us and reminds us all the time what a horrible Christian we are and constantly putting guilt on us because of that sin but he is a liar....Jesus said there is no condemnation for those who are in Him, who walk after the spirit and not the flesh....
The only way that I know of to be capable of resisting the temptation to sin is to pray everyday, read His word everyday, repent daily, stay faithful to attending church and be under a pastor's teaching, to put on the Armor of God everyday, and finally to never give up and to finish the race to the end.
Praying the Lord's Prayer is good...it kind of covers most of what we are to do as a whole.
Cast your burden on Jesus....take on His yoke for His yoke is easy.
wait... jesus said? isn't that a lie? isn't paul the one who said it in romans? or this can also be found in other verses?

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
described what you speak of to my grandchildren as: those who tear down rather than build up. Or simply put to them, “don’t be a tearer-downer; be a builder-upper.” Understand this angst you experience. Being kicked over and over while your down...drowning even and every time your head breaks water to draw a breath...it seems you are being held, pushed under the water by those who want you dead. The word actually speaks a lot on it saying some tear down and some restore, rebuild. not even sure it is selective to pointing out people but instead revealing walking in the flesh tears down while the Spirit of God restores and renews and refreshes. Consider “they of Him will build the waste places”. what if those waste places are people? God picks up what has been cast into the dung heap, and lifts it up in Him. I’m sick of tearing down and destroying. I did it to my children and every day I watch my grandchildren and see they are obviously being told they are waste and treated as such....torn down. I’m tired of planting seeds alongside the enemy in subtle little message that validate the message of someone being waste or trash.

saddened to hear you’ve thought of suicide before. can not tell you those that beat you down will stop. But you can be of something different: restoration instead of destruction. Restoring what has been wasted. God called this restoration the ministration of the Spirit and to walk in restoring rather than walking in wasting and destruction. He said this walking in restoration and building again is not empty. Not empty. I’ve Struggled with all you’ve mention so you are not alone. I’ve struggled with going back to the flesh and planting those same seeds of emptiness in myself and in others. But God says Trust Him and there is value in staying ....dead unto the old way but alive unto God...even when they beat you down...In Him and walking another way, being of restoration and reconciliation instead of destruction. That is not checking out. That is plugging in to what matters which is restoration and reconciliation of people who are like you ...have been wasted.

had a lot of cruel things said to me and about me but you want to know what hurt the most and cut the deepest. I told my husband I was going to contact an old friend to see how she is doing. Told my husband how she is the kind of friend you can call anytime and it is as if you never stopped talking to each other. Well, she completely blew me off and has not responded since. It hurt more than being called any degrading name. I get it. God never said people would not fail you. In fact He said they do and will fail and How He is the One that does not fail.(I will never leave nor forsake). If you lived near me...I would hope as part of the church body I would edify you and build up ...walking in the Spirit yes...but in the flesh with its rule, I would Certainly fail you. The Spirit doesn’t fail you...flesh does. don’t define your value by what fails. (Of course something I too need to hear probably everyday)

God said He “renews strength” daily... one day at a time.
you can consider me as one of your grandchildren cause for those middle age person around me this age of mine is still too young

and i also consider myself a child in christianity other christians also told me i am just a child in front of them

i also had a bestfriend in highschool whom i considered a brother whom i also has not seen for years and when i finally contacted him he ignores me he probably thinks i'm gay because i'm physically weak and my skin is too soft i also act like someone very important i am also used to be someone who has a lot of pride i act cool and a lot of girls likes me this is when i still think that the bible is just a made up story for kids he also probably ignored me because i almost stole his gf back then without me doing anything wrong

about this I will never leave nor forsake you as far as i can remember this verse only applies on certain things because there's no such thing as once saved is always save

so when i listen to the only preacher of the mcgi/old path/ang dating daan preachings " salvation can be lost "

God said He “renews strength” daily... one day at a time. what verse is this though? daily?
27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God?

28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

how to stop sinning?

I recognize that cycle you list, I was in it for years.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
My experience is that God cuts through the darkness, the blindness, the inability to know what and how to do. At that cross road I have a choice. I made that choice and my conscious journey started. It has been rocky and narrow and lonely much of the time yet not always. It is dispersed with hope and vision and strength. It continues with ongoing challenges. I stay consciously connected to the vine and his promise comes through.
Repentance is a present continuous mind set. Do I grovel? No.....I lay my cards on the table with God and play no games. He strengthens me to resist sin while being guided by his word and his still small voice.......There is forgiveness and peace.....guilt is banished.
good advice thank you
I lay my cards on the table with God and play no games.
i will try but sometimes it just i couldn't tell which is lies and which is the truth

also i read this kind of novel

genre: over powered main character(op mc)
this is a chinese novel and if you are familiar with chinese novels they are full of blaspheme and wicked plot but this is almost the same as those hollywood movies

I only read these novels because of the unending chapters there's probably 2500+ chapters in it but i also think sometimes the mc is too wicked
Chapter 803 Killing the Elders
Chapter 803 – Killing the Elders
Lian Shiyu certainly wouldn’t think that he was faster than Lin Ming. But relatively speaking, chasing him would be the most strenuous and tasking choice. If he were Lin Ming then he would prioritize killing those other three old men, otherwise he would waste too much time and give those three the chance to escape.
As long as Lin Ming decided not to chase him then after some more time passed, the three Dark Beast Envoys would definitely arrive. Then he would be safe.
This was his only chance of survival.
As Lian Shiyu thought this, he pushed himself to the limit to escape. But at this time, he suddenly heard the whistling of true essence blasting out from behind him.
A thick and overwhelming killing intent shrouded down on him.
“Noo!”
Lian Shiyu’s heart filled with despair. He never thought that the speed he was so proud of would
and then i put up filters in order to read this fiction because i can't read this when there's a lot of blaspheme
spiritualist#->#mage
Spiritualist#->#Mage
Soul#->#Energy
soul#->#energy
Spirit#->#Mana
spirit#->#mana
Dantian#->#Mana Power
dantian#->#mana power
God#->#Martial Grand Master
god#->#martial grand master
Demon#->#Dark Beast
demon#->#dark beast
devil#->#pervert
Devil#->#Pervert
lord#->#commander
Lord#->#Commander
Energy Energy#->#Energy
Energy energy#->#Energy
energy energy#->#energy
Energys#->#Energies
energys#->#energies
orship#->#love
tribulation#->#trial
Tribulation#->#Trial
disciple#->#student
Disciple#->#Student
martial grand masterdess#->#beautiful fairy
Martial Grand Masterdess#->#Beautiful Fairy
Earth#->#Land
earth#->#land
chanting#->#decoding
Chanting#->#Decoding
Chant#->#Code
chant#->#code
Manaist#->#Coder
manaist#->#coder
divine doctor#->#legendary doctor
Divine Doctor#->#Legendary Doctor
Xiu’er#->#Suer
Heaven#->#Marshmallow
heaven#->#marshmallow
Dark Beaststra#->#Demonstra
dark beaststra#->#demonstra
pamartial grand mastera#->#pagoda
PaMartial Grand Mastera#->#Pagoda
Manaual#->#Mana
manaual#->#mana
Martial Grand Masters Nectar#->#Magnificent Wine
martial grand masters nectar#->#magnificent wine
Dark Energy Martial Grand Master Mana Devourer Cauldron#->#Legendary Dark Couldron
followped#->#admired
martial arts grandmaster#->#martial elite
Supreme Martial Grand Master#->#Martial Supreme
Martial Grand Masterfather#->#Sponsor
martial grand masterdamn#->#damn
venusquake#->#earthquake
venusshaking#->#earthshaking
Pamartial grand mastera#->#Pagoda
ascending to mars#->#visiting pluto
Thunderbolt Pervertfire Bead#->#Flaming Thunder Bead
Heretical Martial Grand Master Seed#->#Martial Seed
Houtian#->#Steel
Xiantian#->#Silver
Altering Muscle#->#Rock
Pulse Condensation#->#Iron
Heretical Martial Grand Master Force#->#Martial Force
marshmallow defying#->#overpowered
Thunderfire#->#Lightning Flame
Sky Fortune#->#Nougat
Bone Forging#->#Copper
Viscera#->#Wood
martial artist#->#fighter
Martial Artist#->#Fighter
Martial Grand Master Beasts#->#Martial Beast
human-step#->#Physical
Linmaniac#->#Diehard
Human-step#->#physical
Land-step#->#Earth
land-step#->#earth
Revolving Dan#->#Gold
Revolving Core#->#Gold
Evil Fire Martial Grand Master#->#Ultimate Dark Flame
marshmallow-step#->#ultra-grade
Revolve Core#->#Gold
*ck#->#uck
*t#->#it
Martial Grand Master of War#->#War Monster
Divine Sea#->#Diamond
Life Destruction#->#Platinum
Saint#->#Hero
Dark Beastshine#->#Poochyana
Marshmallows!#->#Wow!
…#->#
crouching tigers and hidden dragons#->#powerful person
Leviathan#->#Tentacruel
Marshmallowcraft#->#Minecraft
Destiny Decree#->#Pokemon Battle
Bury the Wow!#->#What the fuck!!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh

Romans 8

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

if paul is walking in spirit is he also walking in the flesh..

ah.. eh serving God in the mind while serving sin in the body o_O? this feels like paul is day dreaming just like
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

faith alone? without work?
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

2 Corinthians 6:16 KJV
[16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

this is all I’m saying.
YOU NEED TO LET HIM DO THE WALKING!!
https://tbibl.es/1I7j

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
about this I will never leave nor forsake you as far as i can remember this verse only applies on certain things because there's no such thing as once saved is always save

“I will never leave nor forsake you” ...to me means Spirit, what is born anew (renewed) of God as in the verse just quoted above where though that outward perishes(who departs from Him, decreasing) ...the inward Is renewed(refreshed) day by day.(which He will never leave nor forsake, increasing). To me it is refreshing and solid that God says to that worker of iniquity I once was which perishes: I remember her no more....all things have been made New.

but that is all considered theology or what one believes and I’m not saying you have to agree. I encourage you to not listen to what I say or any other but read the word every day without the clutter of what everyone else says...read the word and let Him speak to you. Hear His voice, and He will guide you. You are 27, yeah? I’m 50 and we are maybe not so different in age as you think as I only began reading the word three or four years ago. you might even be way ahead ...Since I don’t know your past. But I thought about you last night while going back to read some of the others post to you. You said: how do I face the world? You mentioned reclusive. All those I have lived too. One of mine was crying out to Him that I don’t do life well. I never have. There was no reason for me to live as I lacked every skill to live. Phobias I’ve fought since I was a teen. Reclusiveness I’ve known. Describe it as a cage I put myself in to keep others and fears out of my safe zone. Problem is they still got in the cage, the cage useless but instead a prison sentence. Coming to a place where Knowing and depressed to my core, submitting to the truth nothing would ever change. Coming to terms with this is who I am. A waste. Get what you said to the other member that you can’t just say things ‘Positive affirmation’ that mask the truth hidden inside. Only can tell you that you can face the world with Him. What is hidden inside can change and be quickened into a New message. Something I thought would never change to my core, deep inwardly has changed. It is no longer masking or quoting positive things that I honestly don’t have Faith is or could ever be true. you speak of what is deep in there and asking how to change it...only He can. Remember He said He can be that inward strength renewed...God does it...exactly at the source of where you acknowledge the root of the problem is. Think about it...the depth you speak of within you where none of us here, or no man can ever reach...that way in there broken and shattered and as you said can’t be pretended...that where no man can ever reach ...That is exactly where God sends the hidden man of the Heart His Son, into that no man can touch or reach but where only God can enter into and heal. Pray for Him to fix that which you are screaming you can’t mask or deny is there and needs what only God can give strength.

Can tell you the best defeat of reclusive and phobias and timid fear is reading every day and studying as He promised “learn of Me” and be set free. Still if I focus on me ...I’m scared. If I focus on God and the magnitude of who He is ...He is God the creator of all things, then I am able to walk. In my opinion from experience...as long as people are telling you constantly you can be lost, they are not building you up in You have been Found. God is massive and able and as you mentioned He does not faint nor grow weary....I promise I’ve lived the diminishing of the pathetic reclusive can’t-face-the-world ...only in light that I’m no longer in submission to her destruction but to God Who IS faithful and Mighty to save and knows how to lead those captive out of the captivity. Wish you knew how much He wants you and never said you have to face the world ...instead said “Greater is He in you then he who is in the world”. Again theology but when the word asks(paraphrasing) who will give to someone who has failed at everything, one who can’t do anything of their own, one who hasn’t been faithful but has doubted everything and struggled and been lost for a very long time...the answer is a resounding God can do what you can’t and never could do.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“I will never leave nor forsake you” ...to me means Spirit, what is born anew (renewed) of God as in the verse just quoted above where though that outward perishes(who departs from Him, decreasing) ...the inward Is renewed(refreshed) day by day.(which He will never leave nor forsake, increasing). To me it is refreshing and solid that God says to that worker of iniquity I once was which perishes: I remember her no more....all things have been made New.

but that is all considered theology or what one believes and I’m not saying you have to agree. I encourage you to not listen to what I say or any other but read the word every day without the clutter of what everyone else says...read the word and let Him speak to you. Hear His voice, and He will guide you. You are 27, yeah? I’m 50 and we are maybe not so different in age as you think as I only began reading the word three or four years ago. you might even be way ahead ...Since I don’t know your past. But I thought about you last night while going back to read some of the others post to you. You said: how do I face the world? You mentioned reclusive. All those I have lived too. One of mine was crying out to Him that I don’t do life well. I never have. There was no reason for me to live as I lacked every skill to live. Phobias I’ve fought since I was a teen. Reclusiveness I’ve known. Describe it as a cage I put myself in to keep others and fears out of my safe zone. Problem is they still got in the cage, the cage useless but instead a prison sentence. Coming to a place where Knowing and depressed to my core, submitting to the truth nothing would ever change. Coming to terms with this is who I am. A waste. Get what you said to the other member that you can’t just say things ‘Positive affirmation’ that mask the truth hidden inside. Only can tell you that you can face the world with Him. What is hidden inside can change and be quickened into a New message. Something I thought would never change to my core, deep inwardly has changed. It is no longer masking or quoting positive things that I honestly don’t have Faith is or could ever be true. you speak of what is deep in there and asking how to change it...only He can. Remember He said He can be that inward strength renewed...God does it...exactly at the source of where you acknowledge the root of the problem is. Think about it...the depth you speak of within you where none of us here, or no man can ever reach...that way in there broken and shattered and as you said can’t be pretended...that where no man can ever reach ...That is exactly where God sends the hidden man of the Heart His Son, into that no man can touch or reach but where only God can enter into and heal. Pray for Him to fix that which you are screaming you can’t mask or deny is there and needs what only God can give strength.

Can tell you the best defeat of reclusive and phobias and timid fear is reading every day and studying as He promised “learn of Me” and be set free. Still if I focus on me ...I’m scared. If I focus on God and the magnitude of who He is ...He is God the creator of all things, then I am able to walk. In my opinion from experience...as long as people are telling you constantly you can be lost, they are not building you up in You have been Found. God is massive and able and as you mentioned He does not faint nor grow weary....I promise I’ve lived the diminishing of the pathetic reclusive can’t-face-the-world ...only in light that I’m not longer in submission to her destruction but to God Who IS faithful and Mighty to save and knows how to lead those captive out of the captivity. Wish you knew how much He wants you and never said you have to face the world ...instead said “Greater is He in you then he who is in the world”. Again theology but when the word asks(paraphrasing) who will give to someone who has failed at everything, one who can’t do anything of their own, one who hasn’t been faithful but has doubted everything and struggled and been lost for a very long time...the answer is a resounding God can do what you can’t and never could do.
Well stated, if we continue in his word.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Funny bird, someone is presenting you a false gospel of works. I would rather they were cut off. Your salvation is founded in the works of Christ alone, not your performance, your performance will come to be a Testament of Christ in you... as you continue in His Word. I’d suggest the best thing you could ever do is independent bible study.. for a while and see what God has to speak too the inward man, not what the outward bunch have to say.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
2 Corinthians 6:16 KJV
[16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

this is all I’m saying.
YOU NEED TO LET HIM DO THE WALKING!!
https://tbibl.es/1I7j
how exactly?

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
@Funny bird, someone is presenting you a false gospel of works. I would rather they were cut off. Your salvation is founded in the works of Christ alone, not your performance, your performance will come to be a Testament of Christ in you... as you continue in His Word. I’d suggest the best thing you could ever do is independent bible study.. for a while and see what God has to speak too the inward man, not what the outward bunch have to say.
you do have a point.. but i still think, that sect is one of the real Church of God out there

i'm sorry but could you tell me if i am doing is this?
someone told me that i am like this.. but am i?
I know why you are banned from the forums, whether in Christian or not, the same reason why i will ban you here ... because you are a jerk.
I'm talking to you as a human being and yet you dare to insult me?
Why don't you just make your own forum ... there no one will ban you.
I just wait for you to read it and before banning you ... I promise you that.
jerk ....
next message
i'm not angry with you but i don't need to explain why i dislike you, you said it yourself you're annoying yes you are

you seek me for advice but you do not listen
the problem is you are too bookish to the point that all I say to you is because you say what I say is "out of bible"
that's your problem, you want to understand the bible but you yourself can't comprehend those words because you don't live the word ... to understand god's word is to live with it, to live by it
what is used to understand the word is heart and mind, to do that you've got to have conviction and the problem is that you don't
you will not have it if you constantly revoke the speaker, before you can do that you need to have the obedience of Abraham
no matter who will say these to you if you just rebuke it then nothing ... it's really hard to fill a cup that is already full
I bet even the Lord Jesus Christ will show up now and say that you just look up and say "there's nothing in the bible that includes the unprecedented showing of jesus manifestation so it's a demon, not Jesus ... blah blah blah"

If you don't read the Bible first, you should research the Bible firstfyi: the bible has been edited more than 500 times and the hell knows what the purpose of editing it is, if your life does not apply to the words contained there then your reading is worthless ... again CONVICTION
but is this true? am i really a jerk? i did post this thread to ask for help but what am i doing right now isn't it i am rebuking... am i arrogant? for a person who is asking for help?

this also applies to me i may be just a hypocrite that's your problem, you want to understand the bible but you yourself can't comprehend those words because you don't live the word ... to understand god's word is to live with it, to live by it

I bet even if the Lord Jesus Christ will show up now and say that you just look up and say "there's nothing in the bible that includes the unprecedented showing of jesus manifestation so it's a demon, not Jesus ... blah blah blah"

if it's not really came from the bible I don't believe it

and yes lol i was talking to an admin i was asking what other christian forums are out there(which is already against the rules) but he didn't know anything and it came to me finding about catholic forum and he is also a catholic and so i offended him but the admin is kind and changes his mind he said what i need is guidance and not to be banned

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
You are technically right. But Jesus/God/Holy Spirit speaking through Paul. Also, the woman adulterer, Jesus said, neither do I condemn you.
It's hard to understand since it's out of my imagination

the bible is indeed the word of God but made by human hands

if the bible is the word of God then the people who wrote it is also connected to God just like christ said i am in the father and the father in me

this is also why the catholic created trinity but claimed by born again yet they opposed catholic beliefs

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's hard to understand since it's out of my imagination

the bible is indeed the word of God but made by human hands

if the bible is the word of God then the people who wrote it is also connected to God just like christ said i am in the father and the father in me

this is also why the catholic created trinity but claimed by born again yet they opposed catholic beliefs

Well...it's like...when the earlier poster said that Jesus said there's now no condemnation, and you said, but isn't that a lie because Jesus didn't say it, Paul did? So I said you are technically correct, Paul wrote it. In fact, men wrote all of the old and new testament. So if you begin to get too technical, you say, God didn't say any of it, only men said it.

But as for what Paul said about no condemnation, you can look at scripture and see if it agrees. So we see Jesus being berated, chased and hounded by religious men. And we see that when Jesus had sharp words, it was always for those religious men, NOT for tax collectors, prostitutes, the woman caught in adultery, etc.

So, there's a wonder! One group He didn't condemn and the other group He did. And the ones who thought He should condemn and not eat with the one group, were the very ones He didn't condemn. Instead, He condemned the ones condemning that group!

So, think about that in regards to the cycle you keep going through of: failure, depression, resolve to try harder, failure, depression, resolve, etc., etc. Maybe, you will begin to see that you, (an imperfect person), are trying to perfect yourself, instead of turning to God, which is what repenting is. So you need to give up this trying to be perfect and let Him finish what He began. If you can accept it, It is pride, rather than honest humility, when you become depressed at what you are and try to perfect yourself.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you do have a point.. but i still think, that sect is one of the real Church of God out there

i'm sorry but could you tell me if i am doing is this?
someone told me that i am like this.. but am i?

but is this true? am i really a jerk? i did post this thread to ask for help but what am i doing right now isn't it i am rebuking... am i arrogant? for a person who is asking for help?

this also applies to me i may be just a hypocrite that's your problem, you want to understand the bible but you yourself can't comprehend those words because you don't live the word ... to understand god's word is to live with it, to live by it

I bet even if the Lord Jesus Christ will show up now and say that you just look up and say "there's nothing in the bible that includes the unprecedented showing of jesus manifestation so it's a demon, not Jesus ... blah blah blah"

if it's not really came from the bible I don't believe it

and yes lol i was talking to an admin i was asking what other christian forums are out there(which is already against the rules) but he didn't know anything and it came to me finding about catholic forum and he is also a catholic and so i offended him but the admin is kind and changes his mind he said what i need is guidance and not to be banned
By observation of the rhetoric in the above conversation what I see is quite common, you desire fellowship but haven’t found where you fit. This is why I’m suggesting independent bible study, there are multitudes out there in the world eager to tell you what you believe.
What do you truly want, do you want to hear from God, or do you want to take a chance on men delivering His message to you second hand?

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob