When I die I hope to go to hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There ain’t nothing I can do be respect it. It seems to be, though perhaps going outside the kingdom to help the lost? Who knows.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never heard anyone ever consider that.
It’s because of our selfish nature.

Look at me God at least I’m saved, and go out and do this and that. At least I’m the chosen one Lord I feel bad for all those are gonna burn in hell forever.

Reminds me of who was it Peter? He said “I’m ready to die with you Lord” and he said “you’ll deny me three times”

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I die I hope to go to hell...
If you see (insert name here) there, say hello to them for me!

Just kidding!

... to proclaim the gospel to the prisoners like Jesus. They need us!

Some of the more, um, unorthodox interpretations of 1 Peter 3:19-20 (in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, 20 who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah...) and 1 Peter 4:6 (For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God) allow for the preaching of the Gospel even in the realm of the dead.

Back in college, I read the book Inferno by science fiction authors Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. The book is a modern reboot of Dante's famous book by the same name, and it's about a science fiction author who dies and goes to Hell. The dead soul of Benito Mussolini takes him on a guided tour of the Infernal regions (as described by Dante) with the hope that as one learns to see their sins and learns to hate them and see the justice in punishing them, there is still a possibility of redemption. "A helluva book!", said one reviewer. I found the possibility intriguing (I'm certainly not the only one who finds the concept of eternal torment disturbing), though I realize it's not within the framework of orthodox Christianity. It is, however, within the bounds of a just, but loving God.

Devin, I certainly have to respect your heart for the lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Israel’s Only Savior​

Isaiah 43 But now, this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you see (insert name here) there, say hello to them for me!

Just kidding!

Some of the more, um, unorthodox interpretations of 1 Peter 3:19-20 (in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, 20 who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah...) and 1 Peter 4:6 (For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God) allow for the preaching of the Gospel even in the realm of the dead.

Back in college, I read the book Inferno by science fiction authors Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. The book is a modern reboot of Dante's famous book by the same name, and it's about a science fiction author who dies and goes to Hell. The dead soul of Benito Mussolini takes him on a guided tour of the Infernal regions (as described by Dante) with the hope that as one learns to see their sins and learns to hate them and see the justice in punishing them, there is still a possibility of redemption. "A helluva book!", said one reviewer. I found the possibility intriguing (I'm certainly not the only one who finds the concept of eternal torment disturbing), though I realize it's not within the framework of orthodox Christianity. It is, however, within the bounds of a just, but loving God.

Devin, I certainly have to respect your heart for the lost.
I believe that is one of the tasks for the Angels of God. To administer in spirit prison. I could be wrong, but I just get this feeling.

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, little late at that point!

Apparently not for Jesus. And I think there is more to that story than what the bible covers.

1 Peter 3:19-21

New King James Version

19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, [a]when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Reactions: Nancy and MatthewG

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I die I hope to go to hell to proclaim the gospel to the prisoners like Jesus. They need us!

I've heard of Prison Ministries before but wow that wouldn't work. It's a nice thought I suppose but those in hell are on death row where there is no more chance for them.

When a person dies on earth, their record book of this life is closed for them. There is no more repentance or chance to be redeemed.

But because we all are still alive and our record books are still open, and the fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much...maybe yu could do more good for them by praying for them while you are still alive. I dunno if it would help them or not, but it prolly does no harm.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that is one of the tasks for the Angels of God. To administer in spirit prison. I could be wrong, but I just get this feeling.
Reminds me of: Romans 9:1-3 I am speaking the truth in Christ-I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit- [2] that I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. [3] For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh.

And also: 2 Corinthians 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that you through his poverty might be rich.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard of Prison Ministries before but wow that wouldn't work. It's a nice thought I suppose but those in hell are on death row where there is no more chance for them.

When a person dies on earth, their record book of this life is closed for them. There is no more repentance or chance to be redeemed.

But because we all are still alive and our record books are still open, and the fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much...maybe yu could do more good for them by praying for them while you are still alive. I dunno if it would help them or not, but it prolly does no harm.
I think the lake of fire is permanent but not spirit prison. It's called a prison for a reason. And Jesus words in there were not irrelevant.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the lake of fire is permanent but not spirit prison. It's called a prison for a reason. And Jesus words in there were not irrelevant.

Oh I see what you're saying. The spirits in prison havent been convicted yet. I hadnt really thought of that. Interesting. Maybe they can be redemmed still? If it was their choices which put them there, maybe they still have the capacity to choose life and the Lord? I believe they would still have to be repentant in their heart to do it.

They might be too distracted with torment to be able to do that? I dunno.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see what you're saying. The spirits in prison havent been convicted yet. I hadnt really thought of that. Interesting. Maybe they can be redemmed still? If it was their choices which put them there, maybe they still have the capacity to choose life and the Lord? I believe they would still have to be repentant in their heart to do it.

They might be too distracted with torment to be able to do that? I dunno.
Interesting. Thanks for being objective.

Mormons believe in baptisms for the dead. And I tossed the idea around. That there is a second chance for the dead. And what comes to mind is that perhaps spirit prison is there as a punishment to put a sour taste in a persons mouth about living a selfish life or more to the point evil life.

In the recovery programs we say that we need to hit our bottom. And then we desire a better life. And I wonder if spirit prison is a similar bottom for people to hit.

Reactions: Nancy

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. Thanks for being objective.

Mormons believe in baptisms for the dead. And I tossed the idea around. That there is a second chance for the dead. And what comes to mind is that perhaps spirit prison is there as a punishment to put a sour taste in a persons mouth about living a selfish life or more to the point evil life.

In the recovery programs we say that we need to hit our bottom. And then we desire a better life. And I wonder if spirit prison is a similar bottom for people to hit.

Well, you dont hear it talked about much, but I have learned that there are different degress of sin. IOW some sins are worse than others. I know scripture says if you broke one point in the law that you are guilty of all the law, but that is for people who are of the law. And a close look at different scriptures show us that (while the aformentioned is true...) some sins really are worse than others. Scripture speaks of...Sin, Transgressions, sin of commission, sins of omission, and the one Unpardonable Sin that I know of.

There may even be other classes of sins, these are off the top of my head. But lets face it, the Lord is a Just God. And the lady who was a habitual little white lie teller will not make it to heaven because scripture says there will be no liars in heaven, compared to say somebody like Hitler. Will she get the same punishment as Hitler? No way. God is not like that. So even if the habitual liar is in hell, she has less to repent of? And her torment is less than Hitlers because was a very evil man. She did less sins in her life so may be able to find it within her heart to repent because her soul was less damaged to start with...??

This is an interesting subject and fairly plausible so far!

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What can you do that Jesus hasn't already done? The time between His death on the cross and His resurrection is when He went and preached to spirits of men/women in prison. It has already happened. Once a person has died, there is judgment. Nowhere in scripture does it say that God's judgment can be overturned. And as @lforrest has stated, the Great Commission doesn't include us going into hell to preach the gospel.

Hebrews 9:27
[27]And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easily said while still on planet Earth!
Most Christians today can't handle being made fun of on the job for reading their Bibles, let alone suffer with Christ here in this life ....then, to think we would go to hell and witness to people..... no way!

Status
Not open for further replies.