When I die I hope to go to hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great commission doesn't apply to hell. There are neither nations, nor water. Do not go unless Jesus sends you.
I don’t know. There seems to be something to when the furnace was heated seven times hotter and they looked in seeing those that were bound walking free in the midst of the fire: one like unto the son of man. A lot of Christian songs talk about making it through the fire.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What can you do that Jesus hasn't already done? The time between His death on the cross and His resurrection is when He went and preached to spirits of men/women in prison. It has already happened. Once a person has died, there is judgment. Nowhere in scripture does it say that God's judgment can be overturned. And as @lforrest has stated, the Great Commission doesn't include us going into hell to preach the gospel.

Hebrews 9:27
[27]And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
That doesn't sound like a view that has considered all of scripture. But I will respect that we believe differently.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I don’t know. There seems to be something to when the furnace was heated seven times hotter and they looked in seeing those that were bound walking free in the midst of the fire: one like unto the son of man. A lot of Christian songs talk about making it through the fire.
That situation would likely have ended very differently if they set themselves on fire.

What happened to the Angels who left their appointed domain?

Best to check in with Jesus. I think he should have a say in the matter.

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That situation would likely have ended very differently if they set themselves on fire.

What happened to the Angels who left their appointed domain?

Best to check in with Jesus. I think he should have a say in the matter.
If God can give people power to walk on hot coals. Then I wonder if we are destined to administer to spirit prison? I know the second book of Enoch refers to the 10 heavens and in one there are souls being bound and I wonder if that is spirit prison that he visited?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2nd Book of Enoch

CHAP. VII

Of how Enoch was taken on to the
second heaven.

AND those men took me and led me
up on to the second heaven, and
showed me darkness, greater than
earthly darkness, and there I saw
prisoners hanging, watched, await-
ing the great and boundless judge-
ment, and these angels were dark-
looking, more than earthly darkness,
and incessantly making weeping
through all hours.

2 And I said to the men who were
with me: 'Wherefore are these in-
cessantly tortured?' they answered
me: 'These are God's apostates, who
obeyed not God's commands, but
took counsel with their own will,
and turned away with their prince,
who also is fastened on the fifth
heaven.'

3 And I felt great pity for them, and
they saluted me, and said to me:
'Man of God, pray for us to the
Lord'; and I answered to them: 'Who
am I, a mortal man, that I should
pray for angels? who knoweth
whither I go, or what will befall me?
or who will pray for me?'

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't sound like a view that has considered all of scripture. But I will respect that we believe differently.
Mark 16:15-16
[15]And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
[16]He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

(Notice, Jesus didn't mention that those who are preached to in the world and do not believe will be damned, then have another chance.)

Luke 16:19-31
[19]There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
[20]And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
[21]And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
[22]And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

[23]And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
[24]And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
[25]But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
[26]And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
[27]Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
[28]For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
[29]Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
[30]And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

[31]And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

There is no need for preaching the gospel to those already in hell. They have come face to face and know God is real, and that His Word is true. Everything is real as can be. Of anyone could or would have been given a second chance it would probably be this guy, but Jesus didn't mention redemption from hell. He didn't even get a drop of water to cook his tongue.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Notice, Jesus didn't mention that those who are preached to in the world and do not believe will be damned, then have another chance.)

There is no need for preaching the gospel to those already in hell. They have come face to face and know God is real, and that His Word is true. Everything is real as can be. Of anyone could or would have been given a second chance it would probably be this guy, but Jesus didn't mention redemption from hell. He didn't even get a drop of water to cook his tongue.
I think you're missing the point of those in the flood and the many others that have never heard of Jesus the Christ. They may end up in hell and still have not heard the gospel. Which is why Jesus preached to them in spirit prison.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we as Christians need to all embrace that we should not want to see one person end up in hell, but rather pray for our enemies, that they repent and are no longer enemies:

II Peter 3:9-10

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Matthew 5:44-45

but I say unto you, Love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you; that ye may be sons of your Father who is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust.

Does this mean we should pray for Satan and his devils? Yes it certainly does. And they are damned.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard of Prison Ministries before but wow that wouldn't work. It's a nice thought I suppose but those in hell are on death row where there is no more chance for them.

When a person dies on earth, their record book of this life is closed for them. There is no more repentance or chance to be redeemed.

But because we all are still alive and our record books are still open, and the fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much...maybe yu could do more good for them by praying for them while you are still alive. I dunno if it would help them or not, but it prolly does no harm.
Hello,

Just want to share; I don’t believe the book of life has anything to do with anyone today. It was first mentioned in the Old Testament and in the New Testament names were already written and with this to me the book of life pertained to them, who helped in authoring out Yeshua, by grace.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you're missing the point of those in the flood and the many others that have never heard of Jesus the Christ. They may end up in hell and still have not heard the gospel. Which is why Jesus preached to them in spirit prison.

You're wrong, Devin. You actually believe God is unjust??

2 Peter 2:5
[5]And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Reactions: amigo de christo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What can you do that Jesus hasn't already done? The time between His death on the cross and His resurrection is when He went and preached to spirits of men/women in prison. It has already happened. Once a person has died, there is judgment. Nowhere in scripture does it say that God's judgment can be overturned. And as @lforrest has stated, the Great Commission doesn't include us going into hell to preach the gospel.

Hebrews 9:27
[27]And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
The scripture you've commented on and Devin has assumed, is misunderstood and misinterpreted. No wonder further conclusions are also right off track. The context needs checking and pondering.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I die I hope to go to hell to proclaim the gospel to the prisoners like Jesus. They need us!
JESUS already DID THAT . AND ONLY HE COULD . my advice is flee that mindset .
TO any and unto all who denied HIM and have died , ITS TOO LATE .
I cannot pray one person out of hell
anymore than one can pray a person out of eternal life and heaven .
TIME TO GET BUSY RIGHT NOW preaching TO THE peoples . WHEN WE ALL DIE and they die , TIS TOO LATE .
any and all who heard that gospel and rejected CHRIST , to beleive on JESUS as the CHRIST
is gonna pay a serious price of damnation in a place none would ever dare to be ...........
SO long as we are in the world TIME TO POINT TO JESUS NOW . be encouraged my friend .

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has absolutely nothing to do with us going to hell. Those men were being visited by the pre-incarnate Son of God in the midst of persecution. These men weren't in hell. They were suffering for righteousness, and God is always with us in our trials, persecutions, and sufferings.

Romans 8:16-19
[16]The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
[17]And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
[18]For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
[19]For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

2 Timothy 2:11-12
[11]It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
[12]If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

• Love

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is always with us in our trials, persecutions, and sufferings.
I respect your perspective, but my perspective on hell is different I think. So since we don’t see hell the same…we’d most likely disagree with each other even if we tried to beat each other into viewing it the same. But I do agree with you on the above. I love John 6:67-68 So Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you want to go away as well?" Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life
Psalm 139:7-8 Where shall I go from Your spirit? or where shall I flee from Your presence? [8] If I ascend up into heaven, Your are there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.

So I never meant to imply God is not with us in our trials, persecution, and suffering.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS already DID THAT . AND ONLY HE COULD . my advice is flee that mindset .
TO any and unto all who denied HIM and have died , ITS TOO LATE .
I cannot pray one person out of hell
anymore than one can pray a person out of eternal life and heaven .
TIME TO GET BUSY RIGHT NOW preaching TO THE peoples . WHEN WE ALL DIE and they die , TIS TOO LATE .
any and all who heard that gospel and rejected CHRIST , to beleive on JESUS as the CHRIST
is gonna pay a serious price of damnation in a place none would ever dare to be ...........
SO long as we are in the world TIME TO POINT TO JESUS NOW . be encouraged my friend .
Where does the bible say only Jesus visited spirit prison. That sounds like a really narrow view and somewhat naive.

As I showed the second book of Enoch shows you're wrong.

• Wow

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I die I hope to go to hell to proclaim the gospel to the prisoners like Jesus. They need us!
God's spirit is everywhere. So I'm not sure your point.
There isn’t a place called hell. It’s a belief in that sense. So while God’s spirit is everywhere, it isn’t somewhere there actually isn’t.
(Jesus isn’t in hell.)

Status
Not open for further replies.