When is a christian NOT a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
and fwiw i apologize, ok, i know its hard to discover your head is up inside your anus and everything you learned is crap fed to you by Paul's wolves. Prolly what i would do is put me on ignore and keep teaching it though i guess. Nicene Creed included, x3, the perverts. Who of course will not step up and defend any charges, and think they can openly mock God and get away with it

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think that the word Christian has really lost any meaning in our time. At least any meaning that it used to have. We have examples of being a racist Christian or lawless Christian...to the point where Christian just means a religious person with an opinion...really. Can you say "Laodicea?" (which means "the people's opinions)

A perfect illustration of carnal christianity. :)
I believe they are still saved, still "christians" but as the book of Revelation shows, they lose the reward they would have received. So in fact, they judge themselves. :(

Is not this a good example of 1) doing what the flesh wants to do ( be it anger , or whatever) and 2) mortifying the things of the flesh.
ie losing the life to get a better one, or keeping my flesh alive and losing the eternal reward.

Matt 16.25 "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."
Nevertheless they are still christians , but we cannot have our cake, and eat it.
We lose the life that would have been ours as in Rev 3
Not into eternal punishment of hell, but a lower position in His Kingdom as He shows us there.

But I am probably getting off track. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The desire to hide from the gaze of the Most Holy is understandable...

But the response of our Lord: 'who told you you were naked' comes to mind...
well PJ, i wish it would, yeh, i would like to believe it comes to mind. I hope it does. Dunno who that we is there in "our," you can go with "Lord" if you want, ok, i aint no serf bro. And i dont let serfs who demand a king xlate my Scripture either, nopenopenope

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe they are still saved, still "christians" but as the book of Revelation shows, they lose the reward they would have received. So in fact, they judge themselves. :(

Do you think being spit out of Jesus's mouth (like a vomiting out of being in Him) is just a lack of rewards?

What I see is the danger in being fully cut off...as a vessel of dishonour...saved yes, but begging in the streets. Cast into outer darkness to wander like stars forever. There will be weeping and anger.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't get it...if a person is weak, fails, falls, tries, is a screw up...but believes in Jesus and all that he said and did...
Why would that person not be a Christian?
Do we have to be perfect Christians to a tee to be a Christian?
If so, that is new to me. Just sayin...
Thanks

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bible Search: ask God for forgiveness
whoops, huh? I mean shouldnt that be in There like one time at least, bro? You wanna give an accounting now, or later? Bc you do not have the first clue wadr, ok? I mean keep teaching it if you like bro, but you are going to be revealed as a hypocrite, ok?

who told you that you were naked?

Oh get back in your pram Mark. :D

It goes without saying to most of us. You only pick on it because it is a pet subject 'with you'! lol
Most of us a broken when we first 'see all the Lord has done' for the world..most of us break and cry...we see our black state and His holiness.... Maybe everyone does not say the words 'forgive me' , but God sees the heart and see the brokenness... some do, some don't. But news flash " forgive me" is not a magic formular 'words 'come cheap...Maybe Judas said it too....the life will either reflect it or not... the proof is in the pudding.... :)

BTW @Pearl is a she not a he. Be blessed ..H

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you @"ByGrace" for this thread mainly for me and my situation. :)

Added: Btw, any word with Christ in it , I will capitalize.
And I am not a Catholic anymore, and not anything with a label...it's just me and God as usual. :)

You are most welcome... :)

I didn't wish to give out all of our conversation...but I am very glad that we posted this thread. There are many great post right here.

Be blessed and keep dropping in on us ... :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you think being spit out of Jesus's mouth (like a vomiting out of being in Him) is just a lack of rewards?

What I see is the danger in being fully cut off...as a vessel of dishonour...saved yes, but begging in the streets. Cast into outer darkness to wander like stars forever. There will be weeping and anger.

I expected that answer, and you didn't fail :)

Maybe my friend...maybe...but I think not...
....time alone will show us on which side the truth lays. We will have to be patient for a while. I wont argue over it. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote :
I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. —Matthew 5:39

As in most Scriptural instances, there are multiple audiences. It seems to me that Matt. 5:39 is between a Christian and a non-Christian, but 1 Cor. 6 is for when a grievance is between TWO Christians:

1 Cor. 6:1 When one of you has a grievance against a brother, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, matters pertaining to this life! 4 If then you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who are least esteemed by the church? 5 I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no man among you wise enough to decide between members of the brotherhood, 6 but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers?

7 To have lawsuits at all with one another is defeat for you. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded? 8 But you yourselves wrong and defraud, and that even your own brethren.

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.

And so we should see that it is better to be wronged by a "brethren" than to take it to a Court. But the real answer is to take it before the church, and in doing so, not suffer being "slapped" carte blanche by the brethren.

So when our fellow "christians" (small "c") attack fellow Christians (capital "C") without merit, the church should NEVER stand by passively telling the victim to TURN THE OTHER CHEEK. Instead they should stand up and hold the assailant to the RIGHTEOUSNESS, TRUTH, and JUSTICE of JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF.

Or so I believe Scripture would present! :)
Bobby Jo

PS This sure is a BUSY Topic! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't get it...if a person is weak, fails, falls, tries, is a screw up...but believes in Jesus and all that he said and did...
Why would that person not be a Christian?
Do we have to be perfect Christians to a tee to be a Christian?
If so, that is new to me. Just sayin...
Thanks

The Father does have a mix of flavours here doesn't He. lol

"To me" the son in the pig pen was still the fathers son...he was never un-son-ed he was just a stinking son...and the father watched for his son to return to his arms, daily.

It is the light hearted flippant way that some are willing to cut others out, that grieves me. Not quite like the waiting fathers heart we see patterned.

As I say...Love Win's, He always does.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was actually asking when a person can be told by another, that they are not a Christian.
No one needs to tell anyone else that they are not a Christian. But if one comes to your door (or to a Christian forum) and tries to convince you that Jesus is NOT God, he or she is telling you that they are not really Christians. Here's an example from the Jehovah's Witnesses website:

Is Jesus Almighty God?

The Bible’s answer
Jesus’ opposers accused him of making himself equal to God. (John 5:18; 10:30-33) However, Jesus never claimed to be on the same level as Almighty God. He said: “The Father is greater than I am.”—John 14:28.

Jesus’ early followers did not view him as being equal to Almighty God. For example, the apostle Paul wrote that after Jesus was resurrected, God “exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position.” Obviously, Paul did not believe that Jesus was Almighty God. Otherwise, how could God exalt Jesus to a superior position? —Philippians 2:9.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/is-jesus-almighty/

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No. Jesus died to destroy the death we had chosen for ourselves... But that's getting off topic a bit I think..

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
anything to avoid the truth right, you're just a worm now huh
so now not admitting that you believe you will go up to heaven after you have died to become an immortal = not blaspheming against Scripture, ok with me bro

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No one needs to tell anyone else that they are not a Christian. But if one comes to your door (or to a Christian forum) and tries to convince you that Jesus is NOT God, he or she is telling you that they are not really Christians.
why do you call Me good? No one is good but God

so buh-bye, little woman

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ah, i see you've become evem more pleasant than the last time I passed this way...

May the Lord forgive you.
hey if you're a mithraist I'm here for your head, I've made that very plain bro. Now go run behind your tree bye-bye. if you aren't prepared to give a defense for the hope that is in you than why are you even here lol. see if you want to teach it you got a put it through the fire first OK, teachers are held to a different standard. So you want to teach, you want to be perceived as a teacher, so now teach. why not do us all a favor and do the worm thing again, so we can all see it one more time