When is it right for Christians to take a stand against evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess we're each entitled to our own viewpoints and our own interpretations of Scripture. I try to post things to get believers to speak out against the anti-Christ things going on.

I believe Scripture when I read it. I don't know how else this verse can be taken Scott:

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

You're denying Scripture.

Just curious how you interpret that verse?

It's Scriptural yet you're claiming the exact opposite of what's in the Bible.

You're claiming the whole world does not lie in wickedness. We aren't allowed to set ourselves and our views up above Scripture and that's what you're doing. That's really dangerous.

Maybe you were unaware that verse was in the Bible?
No.

You pitting one scripture against another (the other that I quoted), is the problem: You purpose to pit Christ in me against Christ in you, and vice versa. You are not reconciling the whole council of God. And the proof is just below, where you go on to say what is not "the whole world lieth in wickedness."

You have not reconciled both passages, and instead turn and blame/accuse your brother in Christ. This is error.

When we're spiritually regenerated the 'veil' is removed and we can begin to 'see' things. But as we learn more of the Bible and learn more about how our government really works our views evolve. I thought our government worked differently than it did - until I worked for a politician. Then my eyes were opened to just how dirty politics really are. Then police shot and killed my neighbor's unarmed grandson and they sued - a judge threw out their lawsuit. Now two little girls are growing up poor - yet when a cop is shot (equally as sad) their family is taken care of by taxpayers. I learned things I wished I hadn't of the corrupt things that went on. I had a corrupt but well-connected lawyer steal from my father's estate with the help of a court lawyer. I contacted everyone in the probate office and not one person would hold the corrupt court lawyer accountable. She still has her job. The meaning of that verse in John made sense. There were other things that opened my eyes. Thus my viewpoints were changed. I began to see just how evil things really were - and my earlier viewpoints about how things worked was replaced. I began to see the truth of that verse of just how widespread wickedness was.

Your experiences have been different than mine - I learned the truth of that verse in John up front and personal.

I think we have to be careful admonishing another believer Scott. We all have varying levels of biblical knowledge and it could be that God showed someone the truth of a verse - in Scripture - that you may not 1) know is in there 2) have seen the truth of.

Maybe at some point God will reveal the truth of that verse to you.

I have much to learn yet. The more I read the Word the more I realize how vast it is - it will probably take a lifetime for any of us to get through it.
Indeed, but it is you who "admonish"; and Yes, this you do for lack of "knowledge."

Heavenbound

Oct 26, 2019
Nj
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m shocked at the behavior of so-called Christians on here

wille trash talks over and over and over and everyone in here just accepts it and acts like his unholy behavior is acceptable...especially mr. Scott

I read through posts from some good Christian folks on here like Amadeus then when I see Willies pic show up I cringe since I know it’s going to be hateful

then I see mr. Scott like Willies post and I’m wondering that he doesn’t see this as unholy

so is this a Christian forum or not?

Titus: mark those who cause divisions among you. Warn once then twice then have nothing more to do with them.

everybody has forgotten or not read this verse. Something unholy has gone on here

our church has a way of dealing with this when behavior is over the top and it’s not to look the other way

then you get somebody with a black cat avatar join the evil doing right in our faces on a Christian forum real sneaky and subtle like

Black cats are kept by who and who was more subtle then all the beasts?

Somethings not right. Evil is being conjured here

be holy for I am holy

mark those who cause divisions...

Last edited:

Heavenbound

Oct 26, 2019
Nj
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

You pitting one scripture against another (the other that I quoted), is the problem: You purpose to pit Christ in me against Christ in you, and vice versa. You are not reconciling the whole council of God. And the proof is just below, where you go on to say what is not "the whole world lieth in wickedness."

You have not reconciled both passages, and instead turn and blame/accuse your brother in Christ. This is error.

Indeed, but it is you who "admonish"; and Yes, this you do for lack of "knowledge."
Scott you need to read John. SG is applying scripture right. You try to claim the scripture “the whole world is in the wicked one not in the Bible and it is. You’re in blatant error and you falsely accuse her of being in error when it’s you

read John.

you also need to read how to treat a fellow believer. You should follow Amadeus. You’re posts are abrasive and you always act like you’re right because Willie likes your posts. That doesn’t make you right if anything it makes you more wrong

woe to those who call good evil and evil good

my son if sinners entice you consent not. You’re consenting to Willies unholy posts. It’s hard to believe you can’t see it

but sin blinds and it’s blinded you

Last edited:
Reactions: Soverign Grace

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evil is always with us but Christians hold duty to act. We’re called soldiers
Yes, as long as that is not misconstrued, for we fight not against flesh and blood.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thou knowest not scripture my good man. Read the book of John before you speak

and Scott you’re encouraging evil when you like Willies evil posts. When I see it it makes me ill. I call evil as I see it. You’re participating in Willies evil all because SG doesn’t like Trump. That’s wrong dude. I don’t know what kind of morals your church preaches but wrong is wrong. You’re blind dude. Sin blinds and you’re blind to the sin you involve yourself in.

I don’t know if I agree with SG about Trump but I’m not going to ‘like’ Willies trash talk.

Your morals need an overhaul. If nobody else has the cajones to tell you it’s gotta be me

there’s a scripture about giving approval when somebody does evil. Maybe somebody knows it

woe to those who call good evil and evil good.
Indeed, there is scripture for all this. But here you engage in the same folly. There is scripture for that too.

None is without sin, therefore I call what is good and right good, and what is not I call not good; which I have done for and against both of these individuals. But you, you have encouraged one who is against one who is for us and not against us. Should I now therefore preach to you who should know better? I shall not, for what is just will be measured back to you without me lifting a finger.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott you need to read John. SG is applying scripture right. You try to claim the scripture “the whole world is in the wicked one not in the Bible and it is. You’re in blatant error and you falsely accuse her of being in error when it’s you

read John.

you also need to read how to treat a fellow believer. You should follow Amadeus. You’re posts are abrasive and you always act like you’re right because Willie likes your posts. That doesn’t make you right if anything it makes you more wrong

woe to those who call good evil and evil good
You and SG are not reconciling the whole council of God. You are in no position to preach or criticize.

As for me, I can reconcile all, and have.

Reactions: Willie T

Heavenbound

Oct 26, 2019
Nj
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and SG are not reconciling the whole council of God. You are in no position to preach or criticize.

As for me, I can reconcile all, and have.
Scott you insisted that the verse in question wasn’t in the Bible and I told you it is and you’re trying to say this and that when it’s in the Bible

you can’t say it’s not when it is

the authority is the Bible not me not you not SG

read John

the whole world lies in wickedness ( various bibles have various versions)

Heavenbound

Oct 26, 2019
Nj
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, as long as that is not misconstrued, for we fight not against flesh and blood.
You know that verse yet don’t see the sin and evil you’ve been enticed into

Scott reflect on what’s been said

the spirit now at work in disobedience enticed you into sin

you don’t see it

sin blinds

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott you insisted that the verse in question wasn’t in the Bible and I told you it is and you’re trying to say this and that when it’s in the Bible

you can’t say it’s not when it is

the authority is the Bible not me not you not SG

read John

the whole world lies in wickedness ( various bibles have various versions)
Whereas I have not said anything of the sort, on the contrary, just the opposite...I must assume you suffer from some form of diminished capacity, and therefore I will no longer answer your replies.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that verse yet don’t see the sin and evil you’ve been enticed into

Scott reflect on what’s been said

the spirit now at work in disobedience enticed you into sin

you don’t see it

sin blinds
Psychological projections.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading that America is no longer a Christian nation. I see what goes on a lot around us and a lot of sports games/ practices are held on Sunday. There is no special accommodations made for those who attend church - it's as if everyone thinks that no one attends church and you're expected at practice and the games. No one has complained that I know of.
Was America ever as a whole, a Christian nation? Perhaps it is because when things seemed to better for the WASPs [White, Ango-Saxon, Protestants] they were filled with too much pride instead the required humility that so much of what they had, seemingly, came tumbling down.

We can cry about what we do not have, but is that not what the children of Israel in the wilderness did continuously? God led them out of slavery in Egypt but they insisted upon and demanded more instead of being content with God's blessings. God gave them manna daily to eat so they did not have to plant and harvest their own fields for sustenance. They complained eventually even about this "food" from heaven demanding meat...

If most church goers did not have comfortable seating along both good heat in winter and air-conditioning the summer they would complain and many probably would not attend. What is it that man expects of God? Rather should we not be considering seriously what God expects from us? Why did people attend tent meetings in the heat and dust and discomfort and get blessed?

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.: Rom 12:1

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m shocked at the behavior of so-called Christians on here

wille trash talks over and over and over and everyone in here just accepts it and acts like his unholy behavior is acceptable...especially mr. Scott

I read through posts from some good Christian folks on here like Amadeus then when I see Willies pic show up I cringe since I know it’s going to be hateful

then I see mr. Scott like Willies post and I’m wondering that he doesn’t see this as unholy

so is this a Christian forum or not?

Titus: mark those who cause divisions among you. Warn once then twice then have nothing more to do with them.

everybody has forgotten or not read this verse. Something unholy has gone on here

our church has a way of dealing with this when behavior is over the top and it’s not to look the other way

then you get somebody with a black cat avatar join the evil doing right in our faces on a Christian forum real sneaky and subtle like

Black cats are kept by who and who was more subtle then all the beasts?

Somethings not right. Evil is being conjured here

be holy for I am holy

mark those who cause divisions...

I think you'd be hard pressed to NOT find division on ALL the Christian forums out there. Look at all the different "interpretations". It's the "I'm right and you are wrong" attitude. I see no problem with a brother or sister calling out another Christian for something un-biblical but then...what when they differ in their doctrines?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psychological projections.

Maybe there is a cautionary warning for you Scott, to your soul - that you're being led into sin and don't realize it. Sin is often very subtle. I wouldn't look at the admonition as something bad but something probably meant for good. Willie is leading you into sin. He never acts alone but tries to get others to join him, trying to normalize wrongdoing and abuse. As a Christian the Holy Spirit should be warning you with feelings of uneasiness - unless you have a seared conscience.

You may want to consider the words spoken here. It's never right to abuse another believer or join in when someone else is abusing them. Maybe you're being warned as a brother but not an unbeliever, and not in a mean way - in a constructive way. When you 'go along' and 'like' a post perhaps a good question to ask yourself is: "is this post filthiness, foolish talking or jesting?" Christians are prohibited from such:

Ephesians 5:4

“Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.”

Galatians 6:1

“Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.”

2 Timothy 3:13-14 But evil people and impostors will go from bad to worse as they deceive others and are themselves deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and found to be true, because you know from whom you learned it.

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was America ever as a whole, a Christian nation? Perhaps it is because when things seemed to better for the WASPs [White, Ango-Saxon, Protestants] they were filled with too much pride instead the required humility that so much of what they had, seemingly, came tumbling down.

We can cry about what we do not have, but is that not what the children of Israel in the wilderness did continuously? God led them out of slavery in Egypt but they insisted upon and demanded more instead of being content with God's blessings. God gave them manna daily to eat so they did not have to plant and harvest their own fields for sustenance. They complained eventually even about this "food" from heaven demanding meat...

If most church goers did not have comfortable seating along both good heat in winter and air-conditioning the summer they would complain and many probably would not attend. What is it that man expects of God? Rather should we not be considering seriously what God expects from us? Why did people attend tent meetings in the heat and dust and discomfort and get blessed?

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.: Rom 12:1

That's a good question. I thought America was a Christian nation - we even had "Blue Laws" in our city that prevented people from working Sunday. There were social mores being followed that pretty much most of the population followed - no more. We have huge old churches built when our city prospered - now they largely sit empty. Manufacturing was sent out of the city and seemed to take the city's spirit.

I used to see Revival tent meetings around - but not anymore. Do you know if any are still being held? It seems like they would be more needed today than ever.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good question. I thought America was a Christian nation - we even had "Blue Laws" in our city that prevented people from working Sunday. There were social mores being followed that pretty much most of the population followed - no more. We have huge old churches built when our city prospered - now they largely sit empty. Manufacturing was sent out of the city and seemed to take the city's spirit.

I used to see Revival tent meetings around - but not anymore. Do you know if any are still being held? It seems like they would be more needed today than ever.
Last month, we just finished seven straight nights of revival in eight separate locations around St. Petersburg where we set up eight different tents and staffed them with members from 43 different local churches. That's 56 nights of preaching and feeding crowds of hundreds in one week.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...nUS810US810&q=7+x+7+revival#spf=1572788184356

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe there is a cautionary warning for you Scott, to your soul - that you're being led into sin and don't realize it. Sin is often very subtle. I wouldn't look at the admonition as something bad but something probably meant for good. Willie is leading you into sin. He never acts alone but tries to get others to join him, trying to normalize wrongdoing and abuse. As a Christian the Holy Spirit should be warning you with feelings of uneasiness - unless you have a seared conscience.

You may want to consider the words spoken here. It's never right to abuse another believer or join in when someone else is abusing them. Maybe you're being warned as a brother but not an unbeliever, and not in a mean way - in a constructive way. When you 'go along' and 'like' a post perhaps a good question to ask yourself is: "is this post filthiness, foolish talking or jesting?" Christians are prohibited from such:

Ephesians 5:4

“Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.”

Galatians 6:1

“Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.”

2 Timothy 3:13-14 But evil people and impostors will go from bad to worse as they deceive others and are themselves deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and found to be true, because you know from whom you learned it.
And here you fulfill the psychological projection I spoke of, joining one who has taken up more vile words than him he accuses. Remove the post from your own eye.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here I am right in the midst of what people have in the past named the "Bible Belt", but it has been years since I saw a tent meeting set up in my neighborhood. Before responding to you I read @Willie T post about the tent meeting around St Petersburg. I surely hope they are better than the last one I attended which was probably in the early 1990's. The primary speaker was an old acquaintance, a native American preacher, whose messages I had always loved. He was still a dedicated man of God, but the lady introducing the meeting was wearing shorts and a lowcut top exposing way too much for me to be comfortable. She was supposed to be a pastor and a preacher, but not for me. [I am not against women preachers. On the contrary it was a pair of women evangelists preaching the Word of God when I came to the Lord in 1976.]

I have not so much as seen another tent meeting in our vicinity since then...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last month, we just finished seven straight nights of revival in eight separate locations around St. Petersburg where we set up eight different tents and staffed them with members from 43 different local churches. That's 56 nights of preaching and feeding crowds of hundreds in one week.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...nUS810US810&q=7+x+7+revival#spf=1572788184356
Give God the glory my friend. Hopefully it accomplished some of God's purpose for those attending.

I remember back in the late 1970's attending our very first non-Catholic church the pastor started holding prayer services daily, 7 days a week. They were held every night starting at about 7:00 PM. For those who due to work or other obligations could not make the evening meetings there was also a prayer meeting every morning from about 6:00AM so that no one could honestly say they simply could not attend. At first, attendance was sporadic among the membership and I really found it difficult myself to make it every day... but I did. Attendance, poor at the beginning, improved as the weeks went by. At the end of about 7 weeks without a single day off from it I was looking forward to the gatherings and the real connection with God. When our pastor, apparently pressed hard by some, ended the meetings, I for one was disappointed. We were approaching God as a group in a way I have never experienced any where else before or since. That some did not appreciate it or attend regularly probably points to where the pressure originated for the pastor to put an end to it. I was very young in the Lord, but I still recall what was happening to us who attending regularly and seriously...

Where are prayer meetings like that today?

Last edited: