When lust is conceived

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The difference between you and I is...you still maintain that our salvation still needs works!
might seem that way, but that is not what i meant. I meant only that even those have works that they are engaged in, today, regardless of where they stand on the argument. And these works are being judged

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The difference between you and I is...you still maintain that our salvation still needs works!
so iow i agree that salvation does not require any "works" per se, but then again confession unto salvation is a pretty hard work, see, in a different definition.

The person who knows without a doubt that they do not need any works for salvation will nonetheless be confronted today with the need for confession, unto salvation (or forgiveness, that they be forgiven, or etc); whether they realize this or not. And you discuss these interactions among peers with other peers, right; these "works" are "judged" irl, despite any other model that v suggests to us

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This type of lust goes for women/girls also, and Jesus said:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. I don't think it means that a person has done the act, but it does have the awareness of the act before it happen.

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1 Corinthians 10:13

The above is the reason why each party male and female must keep his/Jesus commandments. John 14:15

everything has its place, lust for the flesh has its place, that is acceptable in God's sight, which so happens to be between spouses. the desire of for has its place, no matter what it is. one must keep in mind that when God finished His creation He Himself declared it good very good, therefore anything other than what God made a thing for isn't.

as far as what the Lord Jesus is talking about, simple if you entertain it you have done it in your heart. (one could say imagined the act). therefore one is guilty already because its in his heart to do so. one should also understand that no one can escape what is in their heart. the desire of the heart will seek the opportunity to fulfill what is in it. hence when the Lord writes His laws in one's heart then the fulfillment of the law is one's desire for one's self.

hence,the mind of Christ,and what is in the Heart of God should be with those who are born of the Holy Spirit. considering that it is the Life of Christ that we are to receive in the son ship that Jesus enjoys, therefore, there is no reason that it should be thought of otherwise.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That little phrase of yours is saying what I am saying. Our lives should demonstrate the answer to the questions that anyone has who is really hungry and thirsty for the righteousness of God [see Matt 5:6]. Our lives will then be at least what they need in the moment of our encounter with them.
ha notice how the "them" you speak of is "strangers" in our minds though, see, when it is the friends that are going to be the ones asking for the defense! The "stranger" might be oblivious, see, that any love is being shown; but we think we are "witnessing" to them! (that is "planting a seed" i guess; and lemme know how prepping the ground with a religious lex works out for ya)

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
<snip>
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. I don't think it means that a person has done the act, but it does have the awareness of the act before it happen.
<snip>
So here you go and contradict what is written !!! How come?
You either believe what you quoted of Jesus words, or you don't.;)
I must agree with @"ByGrace" there. For the law states "Thou shall not commit adultery", which comparatively is easy to uphold. But the "Spirit" of the law, is not to even do so in thought. Which is the point that Jesus was making. It doesn't require the physical act, it only requires entertaining the thought(s).

<snip>

Matt 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law,
till all be fulfilled." ( now did you ever read the words where Jesus says :- "It is Finished" )

As you asked:

"So here you go and contradict what is written !!! How come?
You either believe what you quoted of Jesus words, or you don't."

<chuckle> Sorry, [well, maybe not really sorry] I had to do it.

When Jesus stated "It is Finished", was all fulfilled? For according to His own words, "till heaven and earth pass", which was spoken of in Isaiah:

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. ... 22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith YHVH, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith YHVH.

2Pe 3:13 But, according to his promise, we look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Luk 16:17 But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away, than for one tittle of the law to fall.

<snip>

<chuckle>

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ha notice how the "them" you speak of is "strangers" in our minds though, see, when it is the friends that are going to be the ones asking for the defense! The "stranger" might be oblivious, see, that any love is being shown; but we think we are "witnessing" to them! (that is "planting a seed" i guess; and lemme know how prepping the ground with a religious lex works out for ya)
it is the members of a man's house that he is divided against, in manifesting Christ, see; not strangers, being treated with love

ergo witness has a different meaning also

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A person can easly have a desire for something/anything, but it don't have to be a sinful nature to indulge, or to lust after.

So why didn't you say that in your post.
Picking verses in isolation opens them to all sorts of interpretations.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know, I guess I wasn't thinking of that at that time.
Why do you ask?
Because there are lots of idiots who post 'nice' verses and never explain why or how they would apply those verses.

If a verse strikes you as significant, why is it significant? Does it apply only to you or to everybody and again why?
How has that verse been understood by those it was written to/for, how has it been understood by the early church and by the church today?

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because there are lots of idiots who post 'nice' verses and never explain why or how they would apply those verses.

If a verse strikes you as significant, why is it significant? Does it apply only to you or to everybody and again why?
How has that verse been understood by those it was written to/for, how has it been understood by the early church and by the church today?
Do you ever look at the scriptures as towards yourself?

Reactions: Pisteuo

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 4:16 New King James Version (NKJV)
16. Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you ever look at the scriptures as towards yourself?
If I am read the bible myself or am in church listening to the bible being read.
When I read I seek to understand it as to how it affects me. In Church the minister is going to explain the part of the passage God haslaid on his heart to expound.

But you pick verses, as far as I know at random and expect them to be relevent.

If you are going to post a verse, say why you think it is relevent.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am read the bible myself or am in church listening to the bible being read.
When I read I seek to understand it as to how it affects me. In Church the minister is going to explain the part of the passage God has laid on his heart to expound.

But you pick verses, as far as I know at random and expect them to be relevent.

If you are going to post a verse, say why you think it is relevent.
II Timothy 3:16-17. 16.All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17.So that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
II Timothy 3:16-17. 16.All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17.So that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Yes All scripture is just that, but it is All scripture it says nothing about verse pulled out at random.