When the priesthood is changed, THE LAW must be changed also

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
NIV Matthew 5:

18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
Jesus was talking about the letters of the written code of the Mosaic law.

Hebrews 7:

11 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood—and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood—why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? 12For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.
What law? Does this contradict Matthew 5:18?

No, Hebrews 7:12 does not say that the letters of the written code of the Mosaic law have changed. It says that the change of priesthood implies a change of the covenant (law).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

When the priesthood is changed, THE LAW must be changed also​

Cuz all those jots and titles proscribe that the priest needs to wear a certain type of hood! :contemplate:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The law is everyone with control over others.

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

The priesthood has dead men leading, instead of the unchanging priesthood

Hebrews 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

Hebrews 7:23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:

All was fulfilled, Jesus Christ is alive from the dead, or we hear dead men talking, instead of the living. (leading us)

Luke 24:5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

Matthew 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Christ ( the Son) sets us free from sin, we were dead in sins now we are dead to sin, when we believe we are dead with Christ, to believe we are also risen with Him, death has no more dominion over Christ raised from the dead. ( nobody has dominion over us also) He died unto sin once and lives unto God.

We are dead unto sin to be alive unto God through our Lord Jesus Christ. ( Lord of our faith)

We yield as those who are alive from the dead, our members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Sin and nobody has dominion over us, we are not under the law. ( when men taught every man his brother) we are under grace.

Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NIV Matthew 5:

Jesus was talking about the letters of the written code of the Mosaic law.

Hebrews 7:

What law? Does this contradict Matthew 5:18?

No, Hebrews 7:12 does not say that the letters of the written code of the Mosaic law have changed. It says that the change of priesthood implies a change of the covenant (law).
No, it doesn't.