When was satan cast out of heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation 12:5-12
5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.

11 They triumphed over him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death.

12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.”

Some people believe that this was in the past and some people believe that it will be in the future but when did Jesus sat that it would happen?

John 12:27-33
27 “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.”
Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”
29 Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”
30 Jesus answered and said, “This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake.31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am [e]lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”33 This He said, signifying by what death He would die.

This shows that Jesus clearly tells us in the verses above that satan was banished from heaven at the time of Jesus death and resurrection

Reactions: dev553344

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This shows that Jesus clearly tells us in the verses above that satan was banished from heaven at the time of Jesus death and resurrection
That is incorrect. Satan was cast out of God's Heaven (the third heaven) immediately after he sinned. But he and his evil angels have been allowed to occupy the first or atmospheric heaven. Which means that Revelation 12 will be fulfilled in the future.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 10:17-20
17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

It happened back there, when the church got stronger than the strong man.

How I see it for now.

Reactions: dev553344

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is incorrect. Satan was cast out of God's Heaven (the third heaven) immediately after he sinned. But he and his evil angels have been allowed to occupy the first or atmospheric heaven. Which means that Revelation 12 will be fulfilled in the future.

Not true satan had sin in his heart before he temped Eve and he was still in the garden that’s why he temped Eve.

What scriptures support your view?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Luke 10:17-20
17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

It happened back there, when the church got stronger than the strong man.

How I see it for now.

Thanks for your reply.

I too have considered this view but Revelation 12 clearly shows satan cast out of heaven after Jesus accention. I believe what Jesus was predicting was the near future when the casting out would happen as He was seeing the power of God through what the deciples were doing when Jesus sent them out.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

has been hurled down.

by the blood of the Lamb
as to shrink from death.

He is filled with fury,

Some people believe that this was in the past and some people believe that it will be in the future but when did Jesus sat that it would happen?

27 “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.”
Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”
29 Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”
30 Jesus answered and said, “This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake.31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am [e]lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”33 This He said, signifying by what death He would die.

You may have found something here. Luke 10:18

Reactions: Marty fox

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and he was still in the garden that’s why he temped Eve.
The Garden of Eden was not Heaven by any means. Satan was originally Lucifer -- the chief cherub in Heaven. His ambition and pride started a rebellion in Heaven. Therefore Lucifer became Satan (Hebrew ha Satan = the Adversary) and was cast out of the third heaven along with one-third of all the angels.

Where were they cast down to? We are told that Satan is "the prince of the power of the air". Therefore the atmospheric heaven (the first heaven) is where they were sent. There are the "high places" inhabited by the hierarchies of evil angels.

Since Satan is a spirit being, he could enter into the Serpent, so he did so, and slithered into Eden. But he was already long gone from God's Heaven. We are not given the time frame between the fall of Lucifer and the fall of Adam and Eve.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Garden of Eden was not Heaven by any means. Satan was originally Lucifer -- the chief cherub in Heaven. His ambition and pride started a rebellion in Heaven. Therefore Lucifer became Satan (Hebrew ha Satan = the Adversary) and was cast out of the third heaven along with one-third of all the angels.

Where were they cast down to? We are told that Satan is "the prince of the power of the air". Therefore the atmospheric heaven (the first heaven) is where they were sent. There are the "high places" inhabited by the hierarchies of evil angels.

Since Satan is a spirit being, he could enter into the Serpent, so he did so, and slithered into Eden. But he was already long gone from God's Heaven. We are not given the time frame between the fall of Lucifer and the fall of Adam and Eve.

So how do you explain Revelation 12:5-12? Especially verse 10-11

Verse 10 is the same time as Daniel 7:13-14 when Jesus went back up to heaven after His accention

Rev 12:10

has been hurled down.

Daniel 7:13-14
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

has been hurled down.

by the blood of the Lamb
as to shrink from death.

He is filled with fury,

How does Satan accuse us today, without access to the throne?

"for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."

Did Satan accuse the church of the past 1991 years prior to the Cross? Was the 5th Trumpet before the Cross, allowing those angels in that verse access to men for 5 months prior to their assault on heaven?

You cannot take Revelation out of context of the 6 Trumpets and claim his angels are still bound in Jude. Jude would have said the angels were already loosed and walking around in the first century, and cast out of heaven and locked up again. Revelation 13 and the angels happen after the child was already recieved back into heaven. Verse 5 comes before verse 6. Verse 6 comes before verse 7.

The event in the first century just means that Satan is constantly being kicked out of heaven. It happens minute by minute.

"for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."

Satan's accusations are relentless, day and night. Can you tell me how many people were living holy in the years leading up to the birth of Jesus Christ were Satan was constantly condemning them. How was Jesus sitting on the throne as our advocate before His birth? Jesus gave the disciples power over the enemy to bring him out of hiding in heavenly places to directly confront him on earth. But the act of accusing the brethren to Jesus Christ on the throne day and night has been during the last 1991 years since the Cross. The 7th Trumpet signals the war in heaven where Michael defeats Satan and his angels one last time. It is the third woe, because now Satan will sit on the throne in Jerusalem and rule for 42 months.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

15 And the seventh angel sounded.

Verse 14 and 15 in chapter 11 give us the timing of the third woe. Chapter 12 gives us the historical perspective of why Satan will come in chapter 13 for the 3rd woe.

The woe is not that Christ is given all the kingdoms of the earth, the rest of verse 15. The woe is that in the midst of the celebration of the 7th Trumpet we get this: Daniel 9:27

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The 7th Trumpet is this one week of confirmation and celebration. The kingdoms were confirmed and given to Christ. Michael kicks Satan and his angels out one last time. Then we see the woe kick in, at chapter 13. Satan is allowed 42 months of desolation.

This 42 months should not happen at all. If they do happen, the FP is introduced. Satan is introduced. The image is introduced. Then and only then is the mark introduced as the result of the 3rd woe, and the desolation that interupts the week of the sounding of the 7th Trumpet. Now the 7th Trumpet cannot stop until the end of the battle of Armageddon.

Saying Satan was banished from Heaven at the Cross, means all of Revelation 12 and 13 happened the week of the Cross, and Satan's 42 months of desolation happened that week as well, ending in the battle of Armageddon 3.5 years after the Cross. Then the end of sin happened and the iron rule lasted for 1000 years instead of Satan being the accuser night and day for the last 1991 years.

That also means the time of greatest tribulation of the 6 Trumpets started at the baptism of Jesus and continued until the week of the Cross. Instead of the OD, there would have been the first 2 woes already.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How does Satan accuse us today, without access to the throne?

Did Satan accuse the church of the past 1991 years prior to the Cross? Was the 5th Trumpet before the Cross, allowing those angels in that verse access to men for 5 months prior to their assault on heaven?

You cannot take Revelation out of context of the 6 Trumpets and claim his angels are still bound in Jude. Jude would have said the angels were already loosed and walking around in the first century, and cast out of heaven and locked up again. Revelation 13 and the angels happen after the child was already recieved back into heaven. Verse 5 comes before verse 6. Verse 6 comes before verse 7.

The event in the first century just means that Satan is constantly being kicked out of heaven. It happens minute by minute.

Satan's accusations are relentless, day and night. Can you tell me how many people were living holy in the years leading up to the birth of Jesus Christ were Satan was constantly condemning them. How was Jesus sitting on the throne as our advocate before His birth? Jesus gave the disciples power over the enemy to bring him out of hiding in heavenly places to directly confront him on earth. But the act of accusing the brethren to Jesus Christ on the throne day and night has been during the last 1991 years since the Cross. The 7th Trumpet signals the war in heaven where Michael defeats Satan and his angels one last time. It is the third woe, because now Satan will sit on the throne in Jerusalem and rule for 42 months.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

15 And the seventh angel sounded.

Verse 14 and 15 in chapter 11 give us the timing of the third woe. Chapter 12 gives us the historical perspective of why Satan will come in chapter 13 for the 3rd woe.

The woe is not that Christ is given all the kingdoms of the earth, the rest of verse 15. The woe is that in the midst of the celebration of the 7th Trumpet we get this: Daniel 9:27

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The 7th Trumpet is this one week of confirmation and celebration. The kingdoms were confirmed and given to Christ. Michael kicks Satan and his angels out one last time. Then we see the woe kick in, at chapter 13. Satan is allowed 42 months of desolation.

This 42 months should not happen at all. If they do happen, the FP is introduced. Satan is introduced. The image is introduced. Then and only then is the mark introduced as the result of the 3rd woe, and the desolation that interupts the week of the sounding of the 7th Trumpet. Now the 7th Trumpet cannot stop until the end of the battle of Armageddon.

Saying Satan was banished from Heaven at the Cross, means all of Revelation 12 and 13 happened the week of the Cross, and Satan's 42 months of desolation happened that week as well, ending in the battle of Armageddon 3.5 years after the Cross. Then the end of sin happened and the iron rule lasted for 1000 years instead of Satan being the accuser night and day for the last 1991 years.

That also means the time of greatest tribulation of the 6 Trumpets started at the baptism of Jesus and continued until the week of the Cross. Instead of the OD, there would have been the first 2 woes already.

You say quite a bit here and it’s too confusing to understand if you like to ask questions in point fourm it would be easier but you still didn’t explain the verses in Revelation 12

Look at what happens at the 7th trumpet

Rev 11:15-18
15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:

“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

16 And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God,17 saying:

“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.
18 The nations were angry,
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your people who revere your name,
both great and small—
and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

Yes the judging and rewarding of the dead which happens at the end of our world after the thousand years in the last section of revelation 20 at the great white throne judgement.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps Isaiah 24: 21-22 gives a clue as to when Satan, his side kicks, the four beasts, the Little Horn and the other wicked fallen heavenly hosts will be kicked out of heaven and imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit along with the kings of the earth who will be gathered at Armageddon, when they all are judged at the same time.

The answer as to when the above Isaiah passage will happen is to know: -

• when the kings of the earth are gathered at Armageddon,
  • when the Rock will come down out of heaven that will become the greatest mountain in all of the earth, and
  • when God will establish His everlasting Kingdom during the time of these kings of the fifth segment of the statue.

Revelation 16:12-16 gives us a clue as to when that will happen and as we have already seen the three foul frog like spirits go out to do signs and wonders which all of the earth has already witnessed all around the earth as it unfolded, with the final purpose of their signs and wonders is to gather all of the king of the earth at Armageddon, which will follow shortly afterwards, and from my understanding that will occur within the next 20-25 years from now.

Daniel 2:31-45 gives us a clue as to when the rock untouched by human hands will come down out of heaven and also when God will establish His everlasting Kingdom.

Now we know from Paul, in Romans 11:25-26, that all of Israel will be save when the fulness, with respect to time, of the heathen gentiles trampling God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts, has run its full course in time of 2,300 years and that the Little Horn began this trampling of God's Sanctuary and His earthly Hosts around the year 260-250 BC.

Jesus also has given us a number of clues as found in Luke 14:28-32, 19:11-27, Matthew 24:32, Mark 13:28 and Luke 21:29-30, as to when God will gather all of Israel to Himself.

God also hinted at when Israel will also be saved with clues found in Exodus 20:4-6, Hosea 6:1-3, and in Lamentations 5:19-22 just to highlight three Old Testament references.

The above verses provides a number of clues as to when Satan will be finally kicked out of heaven.

Satan will then be punished after many days have passed.

Shalom

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say quite a bit here and it’s too confusing to understand if you like to ask questions in point fourm it would be easier but you still didn’t explain the verses in Revelation 12

Look at what happens at the 7th trumpet

Rev 11:15-18
15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:

“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

16 And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God,17 saying:

“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.
18 The nations were angry,
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your people who revere your name,
both great and small—
and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

Yes the judging and rewarding of the dead which happens at the end of our world after the thousand years in the last section of revelation 20 at the great white throne judgement.
The time has begun. Many claim the reign started in the first century? Was the GWT in the first century?

The Road to the GWT started when Adam disobeyed God. Yet it took 4000 years before the Cross. It has been almost 2000 years, and the Second Coming is still future. So the reign of Christ on earth before the GWT, the last 1000 years, is just beginning at the start of the 7th Trumpet. Revelation 11:15 is still not the end and the GWT.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You should have noticed the Revelation 12:10-11 verses are about those saints of the 5th Seal of Rev.6 that are to be killed at the end of this world for the tribulation. And the fact that Jesus' Blood is mentioned after Satan is booted out to go attack the saints should have told you this casting out definitely did not happen of old before Christ came. The Revelation 12 reference after Satan is booted down to earth about the "short time", and the "time, and times, and half a time" (1260 days) also should have revealed to you that it's about the tribulation timing at the end of this world per Revelation 11.

The John 12:31 goes with the John 14:30 verse, and thus Revelation 12:7-17.

John 14:30
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me.
KJV

The casting out of John 12:31 is about the future Revelation 12:7-9 casting out. It is about Satan's coming to our dimension, here on earth, in person, as the coming false-Messiah, to Jerusalem, to play God.

At Lord Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection, that sealed Satan's judgment and sentencing to perish. But it didn't cast him out of the heavenly dimension, not yet. Nor did it cast him into the pit (1 Peter 5:8).

Properly Understanding the Rev.12:7-9 Casting Out:

There's only 2 different dimensions of existence written of in God's Word, this earthly one we live in, and the heavenly one where God and the angels dwell, including where the pit of hell and Satan dwells.

Rev 12:7-8
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

KJV

That part in red is important. It reveals that there is no more a place found in the heavenly dimension for Satan and his angels when that happens.

We know that Satan had already rebelled against God coveting His throne before Adam and Eve, because Satan was already the adversary by then. And because he and his angels were able to appear in the heavenly before God's throne per the Book of Job, that shows he was still not yet... booted out of the heavenly dimension (but only as a separation from God in the heavenly, which the abode of Hades represents).

But this event here in Rev.12:7-9, this is different, because it shows Satan is even booted out of the heavenly dimension altogether. Until that happens, he is allowed to accuse us in the heavenly before God's throne, as in the Book of Job. No longer being able to do that is yet another clue there in Rev.12 that this casting out is about the very end of this world.

Even the idea many have about the coming Antichrist, thinking that it will be a flesh-born man that Satan manipulates behind the veil in the heavenly dimension, that idea is shown as being false by this casting out event.

So since their place in the heavenly dimension will no more be found when this casting out of Rev.12:7-9 happens, then where else is there to go? And remember, there's only TWO different dimensions of existence written of in God's Word.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think we have to be careful about treating Revelation as a single linear event.