When was the last time you heard the word "RAPTURE" in your church??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As Christians I think our behaviour and the way we live our lifes should be as a result of our love for Jesus, not out of our fear of his imminent return catching us unaware. If we are abiding in the Vine and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide us then we should have no fear.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! LOL!!! Would you try to stop sinning as much, thinking evil thoughts, if you really though you would see Jesus tomorrow?? Would you try to live a better life today and tell others about Jesus and His very near return??
Think! If you knew a truck was going to demolish you today as you walk across a street, would you try to stop sinning as much, thinking evil thoughts, whether or not there also a rapture coming? None of us know how much time remains to us unless like King Hezekiah we were specifically told by God. Who among us has had such a Hezekiah type revelation? None! Then all of us, rapture believers or not, should be always ready...

illini1959

May 21, 2019
Central IL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When was the last time you heard the word "RAPTURE" in your church?? Even a Southern Baptist church??
Satan knows his time is very short and the "catching up" rapture teaching is under heavy attack!!

Sunday :)

I don't follow denominations but attend a Southern Baptist church. Praise God our (interium) Pastor preaches the whole council of God and our new Pastor who's coming this Sunday will, too.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As Christians I think our behaviour and the way we live our lifes should be as a result of our love for Jesus, not out of our fear of his imminent return catching us unaware. If we are abiding in the Vine and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide us then we should have no fear.
The point is that we look forward to it: "Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Revelation 22.20), and this greatly focuses our priorities in His service.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! There are a lot of things born-again believers should think, say and do each day but do not do but if you really saw by the signs we are seeing today that these ARE the last days and believed Jesus may yet return today who would not try harder to sin less today and want to warn others t???

Believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Revelation 3:10
10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. But be alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place and to stand before the Son of Man.".
Luke 21:36
1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 (KJV)
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly!

For some it may be out of fear but it should be out of love and a desire to be with our savior.

Phil 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we eagerly wait for a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul also says there is a crown for those that 'loved His appearing'...

2 Tim 4
8 in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Reactions: Pearl

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When was the last time you heard the word "RAPTURE" in your church?? Even a Southern Baptist church??
Satan knows his time is very short and the "catching up" rapture teaching is under heavy attack!!
Certainly your post is truth, so many denominations don't teach about the catching away of the saints. In my church, we remind each other of this often, it is not just mentioned in the pulpit but amongst us in casual conversation, someone will interject - "anytime now, praise the Lord!" and we all know what it means. It is our blessed hope as Paul taught, we take that teaching to heart. :)

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly your post is truth, so many denominations don't teach about the catching away of the saints. In my church, we remind each other of this often, it is not just mentioned in the pulpit but amongst us in casual conversation, someone will interject - "anytime now, praise the Lord!" and we all know what it means. It is our blessed hope as Paul taught, we take that teaching to heart. :)
Its a catch 22 isn't it? We want Him to return and take us home, yet there is work to do and people to bring to Him. I'm selfish a lot in that i'm ready to go but know there are those out there ripe for the picking so to speak.

Reactions: Pearl and tzcho2

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God that you are blessed with a church that is teaching and preparing the people to be ready to meet Jesus ---I am sad to say no church in my area is and I think they will answer to God for that GREAT error!!

Reactions: tzcho2

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God that you are blessed with a church that is teaching and preparing the people to be ready to meet Jesus ---I am sad to say no church in my area is and I think they will answer to God for that GREAT error!!
Maybe you need to find another church? I once drove 45min each way. And one other time, quite some time ago i was attending a church that didn't hold to a pre trib rapture and i would spend time at church defending my stance. Church is where we go to be strengthened and built up, not argue with fellow believers. And if your current pastor isn't preaching the whole counsel of God, why?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHY?? I ask the same question!! Why?? Baptist and Southern Baptist were once considered "watchmen on the wall" and not afraid to teach about God's love but also not afraid to warn about a very real coming judgment and real hell for those that love sin and reject God's love!!====Yes!!! we are living in the last days!!

2 Timothy 4:3

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Reactions: Pearl

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHY?? I ask the same question!! Why?? Baptist and Southern Baptist were once considered "watchmen on the wall" and not afraid to teach about God's love but also not afraid to warn about a very real coming judgment and real hell for those that love sin and reject God's love!!====Yes!!! we are living in the last days!!

2 Timothy 4:3

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
Unfortunately, today people worry about pleasing people, being accepted in social media & not getting ostracized by men--instead of bravely , humbly standing on scripture to please God.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately, today people worry about pleasing people, being accepted in social media & not getting ostracized by men--instead of bravely , humbly standing on scripture to please God.
Churches need to stop trying to be people pleasers and concentrate on preaching the true and full gospel. Too many these days are watering it down to suit outsiders.

Reactions: tzcho2 and marks

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Christians I think our behavior and the way we live our lifes should be as a result of our love for Jesus,
Unfortunately that loving Jesus sentiment is very subjective and not a measure of if the person is has been born again. I've heard the most heretical teachers claim that.
How many times do we hear those who preach heresies or others who will angrily defend false teachings/or false prophets on this forum and they all claim "love for Jesus" first and foremost and accuse those who contend for the Biblical Truth as being "negative and unloving?

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches need to stop trying to be people pleasers and concentrate on preaching the true and full gospel. Too many these days are watering it down to suit outsiders.
Amen!

1 Thess 2:4
4 but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not as pleasing men but God, who examines our hearts.
NASB

Gal 1:9-10
9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed. 10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.
NASB

Reactions: tzcho2