When was the last time you heard the word "RAPTURE" in your church??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When was the last time you heard the word "RAPTURE" in your church?? Even a Southern Baptist church??
Satan knows his time is very short and the "catching up" rapture teaching is under heavy attack!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I have ever heard it...and we are a Calvary Chapel...so we're supposed to be heavy on the rapture!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.===That time is here!!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When was the last time you heard the word "RAPTURE" in your church?? Even a Southern Baptist church??
Satan knows his time is very short and the "catching up" rapture teaching is under heavy attack!!
Last Sunday. And on Saturday. Oh, and the Saturday before that.

We're really looking for Jesus to come back soon at my church.

Much love!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God everyday that you have a church that understands that we are living in the last days and is helping the people to be ready to meet Jesus very soon! I have found no such church (southern Baptist)in this area where I live.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God everyday that you have a church that understands that we are living in the last days and is helping the people to be ready to meet Jesus very soon! I have found no such church (southern Baptist)in this area where I live.

I'm in a Calvary Chapel where if anything, we may be over-focused on Jesus' return. I'm thinking of our men's prayer breakfasts, where we have frequent "prophecy updates", and I'd love to see, "here's how we live holy lives while we're waiting for Jesus".

But just the same I'm very thankful for my church.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have never heard of the rapture in church but the church I belong to used to believes that we are living in the last days and as part of the wedding ceremonies used to say, "Until we are parted by death or Jesus comes again."

Reactions: Nancy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can someone list how you would behave differently, depending upon whether you believed in a secret "Rapture" or not?

1Jo 3:2, Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Jo 3:3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! LOL!!! Would you try to stop sinning as much, thinking evil thoughts, if you really though you would see Jesus tomorrow?? Would you try to live a better life today and tell others about Jesus and His very near return??

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can someone list how you would behave differently, depending upon whether you believed in a secret "Rapture" or not?

I can't!

In fact, from my POV, I hope to labor until my death. Should life be cut short by the catching up of those in Christ, then I don't think I'm going to mind too much, just the same, I'd rather spend more time in this world. there is much work to be done.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jo 3:2, Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Jo 3:3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
Hi JBF,

Wouldn't this apply just the same either way?

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! LOL!!! Would you try to stop sinning as much, thinking evil thoughts, if you really though you would see Jesus tomorrow?? Would you try to live a better life today and tell others about Jesus and His very near return??
What if we were to understand that our sins of the flesh stand directly in the way of our giving to those around us a gift more precious than life itself?

That whenever we sin, we are withholding from ourselves, from those around us, the benefit of a man living the life of Christ in service to them. It's to walk as Jesus in this world, or pander to my flesh, be effective ministers of God's grace, or throw the time in the trash.

I'll see Jesus one day, I believe the rapture view, but regardless of how it happens, most likely by my dying, work while it is day, for the night comes when no one can work.

Much love!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last time I looked, the Bible said that Salvation comes from believing in Jesus, not from believing in being secretly snatched up in the air. But, you would never know that by listening to a lot of people.

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last time I looked, the Bible said that Salvation comes from believing in Jesus, not from believing in being secretly snatched up in the air. But, you would never know that by listening to a lot of people.
That's certainly a good point; although entire sanctification can certainly come by the latter.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! It is born-again believers that are looking for the rapture that will be raptured!! Hebrews 9:28 Hebrews 9:28 28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those ""who are waiting for him.""

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! It is born-again believers that are looking for the rapture that will be raptured!! Hebrews 9:28 Hebrews 9:28 28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those ""who are waiting for him.""
Took away my reward for making that one known :mad::oops::D...the Lord showed that one to me only recently.

As @marks would say,
Much love...

Sincerely @justbyfaith

Reactions: marks