When Was The Last Time You Suffered Persecution For Your Faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
What happened?

(Note: sometimes religious people do unwise things such as preaching to people that don't want to hear and then claim that they are persecuted for the gospel, in fact they suffer for their faults.)

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
In prison. A bunch of skin heads I worked with in the Kitchen. Mind you, I should have kept my mouth shut, and have taken the hint that they did not want saved. They put bleach and something else in my coffee that I took a big gulp of.

Witnessing to Muslims in Prison, made some pretty intense situations, but bless God we are protected.

Another time, I was told not to mention Jesus at Work. I asked the manager if they were ready to deny the Lord Jesus, and seal their fate. They never asked me not to talk about Jesus again.

Been kicked out of two churches................... guess they don't like to hear that God heals today, though I could have been more mature about it.

I have had lots of comments about God this and that, but more directed at God.

For the most part, living in the United States, it is hard to be persecuted with something that would be a real big deal. People avoid me at work, others come to get help.

I guess I can't really say I have been persecuted where things were taken from me because of what I believed. Not like Paul.

Jesus Is Lord

gumby

May 29, 2009
Well i dont know if this counts but yesterday my best freind was ready to get into a fist fight with me. I told him i dont fight freinds and we are both christian so i simply said get behind me and that was all nothing happened between me and him. Its important to note though that he wasnt on his bi-polar medicine and i beleive satan was trying to test him with that. Christians will suffer persecution this is a fact even among the strongest of beleivers and even in the closest of churches it will come to something of that degree. But the key is though to rebuke it when it does come and quiclky bounce back from it. I could have fought my freind and let satan win between me and him but you see i demonstrated power over him by doing things Gods way not satans way.

Hope that story helps explain things somewhat, god bless :)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mainly I have been "attacked" on sites for believing that I am a joint heir and my loving Father
answers all my prayers and everything is great in my life.

Someone will talk all about sin and how we deserve nothing, NOT forgiveness or mercy or love bec we are such sinners.

Sorry, I am a chlld of the King and I live in His Kingdom.
They want to keep beating themselves up - that just seems to negate Jesus' whole sacifice.
He came for me to have an abundant life and He said to give Him my burdens OK. Done.

Some Christians have a very hard time with my happiness following Jesus' many instructions.
(These are the same negative people that complain online about their health, debt, age, government -over and over.
Not understanding the power of their words.)

Anyway, that's my story - Christian websites is where I get persecuted for my faith.
Atheists I just smile and don't care about changing them in anyway. They see my consistent happiness and know I'm Christian -
2+2=4.

:) Miss Hepburn

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Here in the United States we rarely see REAL persecution... Now, I've suffered some minor persecutions of course. Nothing spectacular or what I would really consider significant. For example... someone looking down on me because I'm a christian isn't really what I would consider REAL persecution. Now it happens from time to time here in the states, sure. But as of now it's quite rare. We aren't beaten, or our lives threatened, or thrown in prison, or our homes burnt down, or murdered, or have acid thrown in our faces because we are christians in America. In other countries, in the Middle East, or Asia, or Africa to name a few places, these things do happen... on a daily basis. These are places where christians are tested horribly yet stand fast to their faith regardless. I can only pray, if we see true persecution in the future like they do, that we American christians, who have had an easy journey in our walks with Christ, can have the strength of faith that they do.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
I have to agree with 6string............. we are not persecuted. The U.S protects our belief's. If you think being called names, or loosing your job over being a Christian is persecution, then I myself would never want to take you to a place to minister with me where our life is constantly in jeopardy.

While walking into a Pastor's office, the Pastor was down, and depressed. Things had gone wrong for him that morning, people that were suppose to show up, did not. He had some offices to move around, and something happened to him at home that morning.

He looked sad, and depressed. I asked him how it was going, and He looked at me solemnly and said. "God's grace is sufficient for me."

Well, I could not tell God's grace as sufficient for him. You can't be depressed and be full of God's strength and grace. How can any of us compare ourselves to what Paul was going though. That is Pride!!!!! Stop being a cry baby and believe God!!!

So what if you lost your Job, have family that disown you, have rocks thrown through you window because of what you believe. That is not persecution, and God can fix all that.

To be honest, the body of Christ is full of cry babies. We are told to be strong in the Lord and the power of his might. Not cry babies.

Lets go to Iran and preach the gospel. Then we can rightly say we are like sheep to the slaughter. Outside of that, get some faith, and believe something.

Jesus Is Lord

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
There is a book called "The Criminalization of Christianity" by Janet L. Folger that details the efforts already made to criminalize Christianity in America and Canada.

Make no mistake about it, eventually - if you truly walk the Christian walk - you WILL face persecution in America.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
I dont think i ever have suffered any real persecution from people that is uncommon for christian people to suffer . it is the devil mostly that throws my sins in my face. Trying to get me to doubt Jesus perfect life led and innocent death for me
that paid the highest price for my sins.

OpenMyHeart

May 1, 2010
The only time I really suffered pursecution was when my first husband passed away and i Turned to the church. And at the time i Was back home in Australia (Now live in US) and my family and friends picked on me because i decided to put my faith into something that they believed was not real so I copped a fair amount of bullying and alot of slaps in the face from people who were supposed to be supporting me. But HIS family were very caring and were very understandable as to why i turned to the church when he passed away (this was about a month or so after).

People who pursecute you for your beliefs are either jealous or do it because they want to get some sort of thrill (happy thrill, like laughter or something to post on facebook after) of it.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I suffer persecution all the time. Plenty of verbal persecution. Its happening all over America and the world for that matter. We're very fortunate here though, since in many 3rd world nations many Christians are up close and personal with violence and martyrdom.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
hang around these forums long, and tell em you believe in Rapture........ then you know persecution...........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blessings!!!!

Jesus Is Lord.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I have taken verbal 'abuse' for being a Christian, but I do not see it as persecution.

Indeed, there are Christians in certain countries who endure true repression that would love a day where all they encountered was snide comments and verbal digs.

But again, persecution of Christians - true persecution - is coming, and coming fast.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I have taken verbal 'abuse' for being a Christian, but I do not see it as persecution.

Indeed, there are Christians in certain countries who endure true repression that would love a day where all they encountered was snide comments and verbal digs.

But again, persecution of Christians - true persecution - is coming, and coming fast.

I certainly think that the persecution coming during the Tribulation will be unlike any persecution faced by Christians. The again, much of the early Christian church faced unspeakable persecution and torture.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Christian persecution will begin well before the Tribulation.

There are already large numbers in the U.S. who, if it were within their power, would outlaw the practice of Christianity.

The Supreme Court voted last week that a cross erected in the Mojave National Preserve in 1934 to honor those killed in WWI could remain up....the vote was 5 to 4. Five......to......four.

That means that the Supreme Court was just ONE VOTE away from outlawing this cross.
The ACLU wanted this cross down even though the gov't had sold the land the cross was on to a private organization
Their explanation was that since the land was by gov't land people would get the impression that it was gov't sanctioned.

It chills me to think what a ruling ordering the removal would have done.

One single vote prevented this....this time.

http://www.reuters.c...E63R3M720100428

Supreme court says cross may stay in California desert
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday that a federal judge erred in ordering the removal of a large Christian cross intended to serve as a war memorial in a remote part of the California desert.

A federal court in California had said the cross, which sits atop an outcropping in the federally-owned Mojave National Preserve, violated the constitutional ban on government endorsement of religion.

The Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the judge in the case should not have blocked the transfer of the land around the cross from the government to the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the group that erected it in 1934 to honor World War I soldiers.

Congress had passed a law in 2004 authorizing the transfer to eliminate constitutional concerns.

The high court, however, did not rule on the constitutionality of the cross. Writing the court's main opinion, Justice Anthony Kennedy said the federal judge was wrong when he blocked the transfer.

The ruling was a setback for Frank Buono, the former National Park Service employee who sued in 2001 to remove the cross, which reaches up to 8 feet high and is made out of white metal pipes.

The court's four liberal justices dissented.

Justice John Paul Stevens, who has announced his retirement, wrote that the transfer of ownership did not cure the initial constitutional violation that the cross conveyed a message of government endorsement of religion.

Justice Department attorneys have said the government would be willing to put up signs making clear the property no longer was owned by the government. Private parties have replaced the cross several times, most recently in 1998.

The Supreme Court case is Salazar v. Buono, No. 08-472.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Christian persecution will begin well before the Tribulation.

There are already large numbers in the U.S. who, if it were within their power, would outlaw the practice of Christianity.

The Supreme Court voted last week that a cross erected in the Mojave National Preserve in 1934 to honor those killed in WWI could remain up....the vote was 5 to 4. Five......to......four.

That means that the Supreme Court was just ONE VOTE away from outlawing this cross.
The ACLU wanted this cross down even though the gov't had sold the land the cross was on to a private citizen.
Their explanation was that since the land was by gov't land people would get the impression that it was gov't sanctioned.

It chills me to think what a ruling ordering the removal would have done.

One single vote prevented this....this time.

Its happening now. Its been happening. The kind of violence that's happened against Christians on the continent of Africa and Christians in the Bosnian-Serbian war, is one of the greatest kept secrets by the national press.

I agree we are incredibly close to seeing "hate crimes" laws being applied to Christianity. Its happening in the UL already.

jonick

Aug 6, 2009
working with a christian group and I bought up speaking in tongues, prophetic even dreams, got called anti-christ and exalted from them and their church

hurted for awhile said not worth holding a grudge

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
working with a christian group and I bought up speaking in tongues, prophetic even dreams, got called anti-christ and exalted from them and their church

hurted for awhile said not worth holding a grudge

:lol: Away from here satan! j/k. Wow I can't believe that you received that kind of treatment. This wasn't the Westboro Baptists Church was it? :lol: