Where are the scriptures?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
I am trying to get people to see that the gospel of the kingdom was under the Jewish convenant with Abraham. That covenant has been put on hold until the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled. We are not under that covenant. Therefore to mix the gospel of the kingdom preached by Jesus and the 12 with the gospel of grace will not save anyone. You can't mix law with grace. If you do you pervert both.

But I can see that many just will not hear it.
Is what you are implying Richard all a long is that Jesus did not come to save 'his' people. but only for some dumb stupid goy rabble, for a time ? then he comes back for his own 2000 years after. and between this time most of his people have breeding with the so called filthy stupid useless goy. am i reading you right on that. then the so called Jew has every right to kill and drive out anyone of the land and then go on to take over the world.

This is like what a so called self confessed fundamentalist born again Don e Stanton left behind follower has been telling me.
are you the same as him or a bit different as i understand it not all are united as one on everything.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Sorry if I step on feelings of others who hold to a Pre-trib rapture, but that's actually the basis of the doctrine Richard is coming from. Folks like C.R. Stam in the 1940's started the Hyper-Dispensationalist ideas of twin Gospels and only Paul's Epistles as support for the Pre-trib rapture doctrine and Dispensationalism from John Darby in 1830's Britain. Research Hyper-Dispensationalism and you'll understand more of where Richard Burger is coming from.

Understanding Bible prophecy about the lost ten tribes scattered among the Gentiles basically ends those ideas of men's Hyper-Dispensationalism, because God foretold through His prophets that the believing remnants of the lost ten tribes would be gathered WITH the believing Gentiles as one body to Christ Jesus at His second coming (Books of Hosea and Isaiah, where Paul quoted in preaching to Gentiles).

Not only are the orthodox Jews against Bible teaching about the ten lost tribes, but so are many Pre-trib Churches. It's because they try to separate Israelites from the Gentiles with the Dispensationalist doctrines by teaching separate gatherings of Israel and Gentiles by Christ Jesus.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Is what you are implying Richard all a long is that Jesus did not come to save 'his' people. but only for some dumb stupid goy rabble, for a time ? then he comes back for his own 2000 years after. and between this time most of his people have breeding with the so called filthy stupid useless goy. am i reading you right on that. then the so called Jew has every right to kill and drive out anyone of the land and then go on to take over the world.

This is like what a so called self confessed fundamentalist born again Don e Stanton left behind follower has been telling me.
are you the same as him or a bit different as i understand it not all are united as one on everything.

I bet there were those in the days Jesus walked the earth that said these same things to Jesus, Stephen and Paul so I am in good company.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Sorry if I step on feelings of others who hold to a Pre-trib rapture, but that's actually the basis of the doctrine Richard is coming from. Folks like C.R. Stam in the 1940's started the Hyper-Dispensationalist ideas of twin Gospels and only Paul's Epistles as support for the Pre-trib rapture doctrine and Dispensationalism from John Darby in 1830's Britain. Research Hyper-Dispensationalism and you'll understand more of where Richard Burger is coming from.

Understanding Bible prophecy about the lost ten tribes scattered among the Gentiles basically ends those ideas of men's Hyper-Dispensationalism, because God foretold through His prophets that the believing remnants of the lost ten tribes would be gathered WITH the believing Gentiles as one body to Christ Jesus at His second coming (Books of Hosea and Isaiah, where Paul quoted in preaching to Gentiles).

Not only are the orthodox Jews against Bible teaching about the ten lost tribes, but so are many Pre-trib Churches. It's because they try to separate Israelites from the Gentiles with the Dispensationalist doctrines by teaching separate gatherings of Israel and Gentiles by Christ Jesus.

Since you think you can be saved under the Gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus and the 12 taught then go to it. But you will have to keep the Law of Moses.

You, and others, try to take away the liberty that the children of God have in Jesus just as the Jews in the days of Paul were doing. According to Paul the children of God are dead to the Law of Moses and are no longer condemned by not being able to keep them. But you do not want others to believe this because of your Theology of man.

You refuse to believe that Jesus came to the Jews to setup their promised kingdom and the Jews had about 40 years to accept Him as their Messiah and king, and since they still refused, God turned to the Gentile (through Paul) with a gospel of grace.

A person can not be saved by the gospel of the kingdom any longer. They must place their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in the finished work of Jesus on the cross, His shed blood.

I challenge you to read the book of Acts and then show me a scripture where Jesus, Peter and the others preached a gospel that said we are no longer under the Law of Moses and/or we are now saved by the shed blood of Jesus.

You can't do it and you know it so all you are left with is trying to disparage me, to shot the messenger. I say this because that is all you are doing on this forum by taking cheap shots at, not just me but, anyone that doesn‘t believe as you do. But that is okay with me.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life...no one else can make that claim...especially not Paul. Only by following Jesus could the disciples, and us, participate in that truth. Paul was inspired by that truth and took his style of it, to a new people. Being initially a Jew, Paul had seen, first-hand, that those who said they were Jews and performed all the rituals, were, in fact, people who were taking Jewish sincerity for a ride. It gave them authority over the people who Jesus had come to help. People, guided by the laws Almighty God had established but usurped by a hierarchy who only performed lip service to God. This is one reason why Jesus Christ was so necessary and why Paul taught us that following these usurpers was of no consequence, because Jesus had superseded them.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life...no one else can make that claim...especially not Paul. Only by following Jesus could the disciples, and us, participate in that truth. Paul was inspired by that truth and took his style of it, to a new people. Being initially a Jew, Paul had seen, first-hand, that those who said they were Jews and performed all the rituals, were, in fact, people who were taking Jewish sincerity for a ride. It gave them authority over the people who Jesus had come to help. People, guided by the laws Almighty God had established but usurped by a hierarchy who only performed lip service to God. This is one reason why Jesus Christ was so necessary and why Paul taught us that following these usurpers was of no consequence, because Jesus had superseded them.

This thread is asking for the scriptures that tell us Jesus and the 12 were preaching salvation through the shed blood on the cross though the book of Acts.

Anything else is a smoke screen to hide the truth that there are no scriptures that say we are not under the Law of Moses.

Before you write more of your thoughts please read the book of Acts and fine the scriptures that you think answer the thread. Only Paul's gospel of grace that Jesus gave him will save a person in this age of God's grace because under the gospel of grace we are not required to keep the Law of Moses.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011

My experiences, states clearly, to me, that righteousness is a code which only works one way...Jesus' way. Following Jesus is all that is necessary but reading of the experiences and the points that those in close association with him write about, is interesting, useful, and full of spiritual content, as does Paul's letters. But, at no time should we allow these secondary points...regardless of how true they are, become more important than Jesus' message, else we could be swerving away from 'the way, the truth and the life', which, again, according to my experiences, is far more important. Paul served Jesus and by comparing what Paul said against Jesus' teaching and giving the highest authority to Jesus, we have learnt an invaluable lesson about all Bible instruction. Now...if that isn't supported by scripture...I don't know what is.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Acts 11:19-20
19 Now those who were scattered after the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to no one but the Jews only.
20 But some of them were men from Cyprus and Cyrene, who, when they had come to Antioch, spoke to the Hellenists, preaching the Lord Jesus.
NKJV
This is a sample of what is said in the book of Acts. It clearly shows that the Jews were not the ones that went to the Gentiles. It also shows that the message they were preaching is that Jesus was their Messiah and King. Nothing is said by the Jews (apostles) in the book of Acts about the shed blood on the cross saving anyone.

Again, will someone please serch the book of Acts to see if what I am saying is true.

In the scriptures we see that many, after hearing the message, searched the scriptures to see if what they heard was true. But that doesn't happen on these forums. People are having too much fun at the expense of others.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Acts 10:9-16
9 The next day, as they went on their journey and drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour.
10 Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance
11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth.
12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air.
13 And a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat."
14 But Peter said, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean."
15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common."
16 This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again.
NKJV

Show me where this indicates that Peter knows about the gospel of grace given to Paul. A gospel that says were are saved by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross.

It is obvious to me that Peter did not know of it and therefore was certainly not teaching it.

Theodore A. Jones

Aug 15, 2011
Where do you all get the idea I am saying what Paul taught is un-scriptural? I didn't say anything like that.

So far no one has offered any scriptual proof that Jesus and the 12 ever said we are no longer under the Law of Moses. And this is the subject of the OP.

By the way veteran, I am not the subject of this thread.

Only THE GOSPEL MESSAGE OF GOD's GRACE GIVEN TO PAUL said we are no longer under the Law of Moses. Prove me wrong!!!! (by using the scriptures not a bunch of jaw-boneing)

"It is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13 That should end jaw-boneing,

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
"It is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13 That should end jaw-boneing,

Another scripture pulled out of context. The rest of the story:

Romans 2:1-13
2 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?
4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6 who "will render to each one according to his deeds":

My commet: -- Seems to me that he is referencing the unsaved.

7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness — indignation and wrath,
9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11 For there is no partiality with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
NKJV

In context we see Paul talking about those that claim they keep the Law and don't.