Where Does Denial of Scripture About Hell Originate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
insight asks
What exactly is eternally damned?

eternally damned is being put in a situation where there is no way out of it because it lasts forever.

i will post my thoughts on this matter when i find the scripture to back me up.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Flesh and blood burns well.
Spiritual flesh and blood burns forever.

And experiences pain:

Luke 16:23-31 (NKJV) The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.'

And eternal grief and sorrow:

25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'27 Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house,28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'29 Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'

Because they don't believe the Bible:

31 But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Like the burning bush ?
rofl.gif

Who turns these flesh and blood bodies into Spiritual bodies? Do they put on immortality also 1 Cor 15:53

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
What is the "source" of these Spiritual bodies?

Is it from God?

He allows His eternal essence to experience everlasting punsihment?

Who bestows this spiritual nature? Christ? He makes them immortal and sends them to this feiry place?

How does this work?
confused-smiley-013.gif

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
What is the "source" of these Spiritual bodies?

Is it from God?

He allows His eternal essence to experience everlasting punsihment?

Who bestows this spiritual nature? Christ? He makes them immortal and sends them to this feiry place?

How does this work?
confused-smiley-013.gif
The same way He allows evil to exist. He also allows humans to go to Hell.

God allows child abuse, murder, rape, genocide, abortion, etc. No doubt He will also allow those who rebel against Him to spend eternity in Hell.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
So while the Kingdom is experiencing peace and safety in the bosom of the Son and Father but you believe an eternal place of torment made up of demons and gargoyles will reside simultaneously?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So while the Kingdom is experiencing peace and safety in the bosom of the Son and Father but you believe an eternal place of torment made up of demons and gargoyles will reside simultaneously?
Certainly, if the Bible is true there can be no doubt about it, except maybe the 'gargoyles' part.

Daniel 12:2 (KJV)
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29 (KJV)
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Hell is real. It is eternal. It can be avoided. Only Christ's sacrifice justifies / only the Holy Spirit sanctifies; making us citizens of Heaven. Anything less than learning to love God and our neighbor results in Hell. We cannot learn to love fully without a personal relationship with God, made possible through Christ's sacrifice. Amen

If hell is real and eternal can you please tell me what is the 2nd death and also what's the purpose for the lake of fire?

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Answer: A Blessing upon those who attain unto life eternal:

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection; on such the second death hath no power" (Rev. 20:6).

The second death is the death of the rejected at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Rev 20:6. Rev 2:14; 21:8.

Lake of fire is symbolic: the greatest Bible example of the lake of fire is the analogy which is taken from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, which is set forth as "an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire" (Jude 7). The fire of God's judgment consumed those cities without remedy (Lam. 4:6), and now the devil and its apocalyptic associates will be consumed in like manner. In Rev 20:14 the lake of fire is clearly defined as permanent death.

My apologies for those who enjoy the fanciful ides of eternal torment...maybe Spielberg may be to your liking?

Insight

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Answer: A Blessing upon those who attain unto life eternal:

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection; on such the second death hath no power" (Rev. 20:6).

The second death is the death of the rejected at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Rev 20:6. Rev 2:14; 21:8.

Lake of fire is symbolic: the greatest Bible example of the lake of fire is the analogy which is taken from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, which is set forth as "an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire" (Jude 7). The fire of God's judgment consumed those cities without remedy (Lam. 4:6), and now the devil and its apocalyptic associates will be consumed in like manner. In Rev 20:14 the lake of fire is clearly defined as permanent death.

My apologies for those who enjoy the fanciful ides of eternal torment...maybe Spielberg may be to your liking?

Insight
I listed a dozen or so clear Scriptures that mention eternal punishment in the fire. Why didn't you refute any of them???

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Answer: A Blessing upon those who attain unto life eternal: "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection; on such the second death hath no power" (Rev. 20:6). The second death is the death of the rejected at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Rev 20:6. Rev 2:14; 21:8. Lake of fire is symbolic: the greatest Bible example of the lake of fire is the analogy which is taken from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, which is set forth as "an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire" (Jude 7). The fire of God's judgment consumed those cities without remedy (Lam. 4:6), and now the devil and its apocalyptic associates will be consumed in like manner. In Rev 20:14 the lake of fire is clearly defined as permanent death. My apologies for those who enjoy the fanciful ides of eternal torment...maybe Spielberg may be to your liking? Insight

Because the above is truth
smiley-thankyousign.gif

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
The truth is that you can't refute eternal punishment in the fire.

Revelation 14:9-11 (NKJV)
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Fire and brimstone - Jude 7

Its interesting that this third third example of 1 John 2:16 in Jude 5,6,7 takes the enormity of sin a step further for pride is a manifestation of flesh, so it lends itself to self-indulgence and fleshly depravity.

At the ends days before the Masters return the earth shall be filled with cities like Sodom and Gomorrha. Also see 2 Pet. 2:6 here is is used of the sexual perversion practised in the city which destroyed the very foundations of true, healthy family existence, and therefore sound national life as well.

"And the cities about them in like manner" These cities were Admah and Zeboim (See Gen 14:2; Deut. 29:23; Hos. 11:8).

Many cities in the earth will burn with fire and brimstone and followed the example of Sodom and Gomorrah suffering a like fate.

However, no eternal torment just a terrible death the like the earth has not seen.

Insight

ps Might I add the Sodom Cities are with us today...I live in one!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
However, no eternal torment just a terrible death the like the earth has not seen.

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't in the eternal fire. I.E.

Luke 16:22-31 (NKJV)
22 The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.' 27 Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.' 29 Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.' 30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' 31 But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "

The word 'torment' is used 4 times.
Insight

ps Might I add the Sodom Cities are with us today...I live in one!
And they will also pay the price.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The truth is that you can't refute eternal punishment in the fire.

Revelation 14:9-11 (NKJV)
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Only those in Christ will have eternal life,the soul most become immortal it's not automatic,those that don't will die the 2nd death....What I would like to know is,how do you all get everlasting from death of the soul?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Only those in Christ will have eternal life,the soul most become immortal it's not automatic,those that don't will die the 2nd death....What I would like to know is,how do you all get everlasting from death of the soul?
Matthew 25:41-46 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

All these in bold are the exact same Greek word. If eternal life never ends then neither does the punishment in the fire. Unless you think eternal life isn't really eternal.